JeManquedHygiene

Do yourself a favor and use a DS4

13 posts in this topic

For some reason, everyone and their mum will tell you that this game was made for the PS Moves and should be played accordingly. I couldn't disagree more. I started Blood & Truth on hard mode with the Moves and really struggled with it, up until I tried using a Dualshock controller instead. After some minutes of adjusting, I quickly got the hang of it and proceeded to breeze through the rest of the game with no issue.

The DS4 has one single, huge advantage over the Moves : you don't have to fumble with your damn holsters anymore. Need a quick reload ? Hit :r1:. Bam, done. Want to grab your heavy weapon ? Hit :square:. Done. Want then to switch real quick to your pistol ? Hit :circle:. Well, you get the point. It's just much more time-efficient and will give you an edge in the heat of battle. Even on hard mode, I could basically complete entire late-game levels using only my base gun, by shooting non stop, and spamming :r1: for quick reload as soon as I got the opportunity.

On top of that, I also got the feeling that the shooting was a bit more crisp and accurate with the Dualshock, as compared to the Moves' tracking that always felt a bit flimsy and unreliable. The climbing and crawling parts are the only things that were a bit weird with the Dualshock, but nothing serious. And it's not a huge part of the game anyway.

So do as you please but I strongly recommend that you give the DS4 at least a try.

It kind of ruins the immersion though. The goal of VR is to as seamlessly as possible make you feel like you are in the game. To accomplish that, the game should make you do as many of the hand movements as possible with your hands. Not sure how Blood & Truth works with the DS4 but I imagine it's like Rush of Blood where your guns are side by side like they're stuck inside some wooden board? That just ruins the feeling of being a badass to me, something Blood & Truth does a good job of and what makes it a great game.

2 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

It kind of ruins the immersion though. The goal of VR is to as seamlessly as possible make you feel like you are in the game. To accomplish that, the game should make you do as many of the hand movements as possible with your hands. Not sure how Blood & Truth works with the DS4 but I imagine it's like Rush of Blood where your guns are side by side like they're stuck inside some wooden board? That just ruins the feeling of being a badass to me, something Blood & Truth does a good job of and what makes it a great game.

It's undoubtedly less immersive yeah, but I found it less frustrating that way.

13 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

It's undoubtedly less immersive yeah, but I found it less frustrating that way.

Have you done the Gunslinger trophy yet from the DLC? Holy fuck dude that trophy made me RAGE!

2 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Have you done the Gunslinger trophy yet from the DLC? Holy fuck dude that trophy made me RAGE!

Got it done this morning yeah, it was tough. Took me maybe 2-3 hours total.

22 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Got it done this morning yeah, it was tough. Took me maybe 2-3 hours total.

Wow, 2-3 hours? That's it? Took me a few days! Granted I wasn't sitting in my headset all day long but my sessions were lengthy per day. I hate trophies like that. 

38 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Wow, 2-3 hours? That's it? Took me a few days! Granted I wasn't sitting in my headset all day long but my sessions were lengthy per day. I hate trophies like that. 

I fully expected it to take longer. I felt frustrated after several runs shooting 48 to 50 targets. I had my breakfast, went back to it more relaxed and nailed it first time, much to my own surprise.

1 hour ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

I fully expected it to take longer. I felt frustrated after several runs shooting 48 to 50 targets. I had my breakfast, went back to it more relaxed and nailed it first time, much to my own surprise.

Do you know what caused me most of the grief? That very last section at the end when you go through the door and have to be ridiculously quick with hitting all of the targets. To make matters worse it wasn't like any of the prior shoot-out segments leading up to it where the enemies ALWAYS popped up in the same exact spots. I noticed every time they'd switch up their positions in that last segment and that's what threw me off the most. 

On a separate note was it just me or was that "Shootout at the O.K. Corral" bullshit just completely out of place from everything else in that game? I felt like it was disjointed from everything else and didn't belong.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

15 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Do you know what caused me most of the grief? That very last section at the end when you go through the door and have to be ridiculously quick with hitting all of the targets. To make matters worse it wasn't like any of the prior shoot-out segments leading up to it where the enemies ALWAYS popped up in the same exact spots. I noticed every time they'd switch up their positions in that last segment and that's what threw me off the most. 

On a separate not was it just me or was that "Shootout at the O.K. Corral" bullshit just completely out of place from everything else in that game? I felt like it was disjointed from everything else and didn't belong.

Yeah, there were two variations at the end, but that part wasn’t the most troublesome for me. I quickly got the habit of pre targeting the guy on the far right, which I missed the most, and then quickly going right to left. It was a reasonably consistent strategy. Worst part for me was actually in front of the gate, in the first half. 7 targets, all very spread out, some of them moving. Not fun.

I think the DS4 helped me tremendously for that challenge. Basically I could take the time to line up the first target before each duel, re-holster my gun while remaining perfectly still, and draw it again when the targets appeared to get a good first shot. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to manually draw my weapon with the Moves and getting my aiming right. Mad respect if that's what you did.

55 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Yeah, there were two variations at the end, but that part wasn’t the most troublesome for me. I quickly got the habit of pre targeting the guy on the far right, which I missed the most, and then quickly going right to left. It was a reasonably consistent strategy. Worst part for me was actually in front of the gate, in the first half. 7 targets, all very spread out, some of them moving. Not fun.

I think the DS4 helped me tremendously for that challenge. Basically I could take the time to line up the first target before each duel, re-holster my gun while remaining perfectly still, and draw it again when the targets appeared to get a good first shot. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to manually draw my weapon with the Moves and getting my aiming right. Mad respect if that's what you did.

Yeah I used the Moves for everything in the game. I forget, does this game offer Aim support?

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Yeah I used the Moves for everything in the game. I forget, does this game offer Aim support?

Not that I know of.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:13 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

That one made me quit the DLC at first, came back like six months later.

35 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

That one made me quit the DLC at first, came back like six months later.

It reminded me of another trophy in Hot Shots Golf VR for getting a hole-in-one. The only hole that trophy made me want to achieve was a hole in the wall from my controller being chucked through it!