Holy Moly Ubisoft why?!

Ancestral_Spirit

So my partner and I have been trying to do the online invasion trophy, and boy howdy to Ubi love to feck with their players on an epic scale!

We both have the online invasion functionality still open so we can invade each others games for the trophy. For starters we're both showing as online so we should be able to see each other on the friends menu in game...... Nope.

According to my game my partner is online, and I don't even exist on his friends list. Off to a rip roaring good start.

Try again. This time we can see each other. Partner tries to invade my game again literally seconds after me booting up my game.

Failed.

Turns out someone was already in my game, before i could even whip out my phone menu so it was blocking him from invading. Said person who has invaded me, isn't even a friend of mine, it's a complete random. How the hell did this person get in my game at the same time i booted up?

Next we try Dedsec Co-Op missions. Oh look there's a couple on the map, we'll head to one of those and do that co-op mission. Didn't count.

Why didn't it count?

Oh because that's a Dedsec Co-op mission not a Dedsec Co-op mission.......... You need an ambient one to turn up on the top left of your screen, not one that's already on the map. Alright, we'll do that then. Start stealing something out of the back of the van, get it and need to escape. Coolio. 4 random players one after another all show up in my game to try and steal the package from me. No warning that people were entering my game, not anyone I've ever played with before.

I get that Ubi want a seamless online functionality, but when it's seamless to the point where other players who have maxed everything out and have all upgrades, weapons, vehicles etc and can literally waltz into my game with no warning and fuck up everything i'm doing in a matter of seconds, I think that's a weeny bit too seamless.

I've done most of the online now, and have subsequently switched off invasions, and online almost altogether.

I just don't get why game modes like this with online, aren't put in a completely separate game mode because, while I'm doing all of this online malarky, I'm getting phone calls from characters about mainline story missions whilst having my head caved in by rando's on PSN.

I can't say it's 'ruined' the Watch Dogs 2 experience for me, but I have found all this online stuff a little off putting  :/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

well its ubisoft, what did you expect?

Well......

I......

Touché. 

Additional: To add insult to injury, my partner and I just hacked one of those armoured trucks, escaped from the police and the mission would never complete. We've both had to quit our games and restart it again just to get rid of the damned thing.

• 1 month later...

online trophies should be a history as a whole. especially pvp ones and event ones. coop is fine, but again, coop should be natural. fun or helping, not a "trophy completion"

as for WD2... well i didnt have any problems with online trophies here. i guess its harder to boost them rather than just play solo with randoms. this game all about random fun, and its even more with multiplayer random haha

Edited by Voland44

On 3/25/2022 at 7:37 AM, Voland44 said:

online trophies should be a history as a whole. especially pvp ones and event ones. coop is fine, but again, coop should be natural. fun or helping, not a "trophy completion"

as for WD2... well i didnt have any problems with online trophies here. i guess its harder to boost them rather than just play solo with randoms. this game all about random fun, and its even more with multiplayer random haha

I've personally never been a fan of online play in general, especially not PvP. Don't get me wrong I've had some damn good fun with friends like on Vermintide and especially more recently Remnant From The Ashes, but I'm mostly a solo experience gamer. Could just be my generation I suppose. I'm 31 now and grew up with mostly either solo experience games, or went round to friends houses to play stuff like Crash Bash, Smash Bros or Mario Kart.

When it comes to multiplayer, most of it I do with my partner. It's easy for us to communicate, there's only the two of us so it doesn't take much to coordinate our efforts and if one of us messes up, there's not much of an argument.

Maybe not making online trophies history as a whole, as some games heavily rely on it for their 'fun' aspect, your Call of Duty's and Uncharted (3's trophies were practically 50% online), but maybe giving the online and single player separate trophy lists, kinda like how Prey did with its 'Typhon Hunters' mode.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer random aspect either tbh. Then again I'm also one of those weirdos that's not keen on games where you 'create your own fun'. I mean, I paid for a game to be made by people that know how to create a fun game, why the hell would I buy and play a game where I have to make my own fun as well?  xD