DLC first? then story

Hi im jumping on this game. but i was planning to to the DLC first, but it seem pretty difficult. Will the powerups from story mode carry over to the DLC mode? and will it be better to do the story first.

I dont care about spoilers or anything like that, im all about the gameplay.

The dlc is a challenge designed to test all the skills you built up in the main game.

It would be pretty back-to-front to do it that way around - you could, but it will feel overly difficult as you will need to learn stuff that isn’t tutorialised in the dlc, and be trying to do it against a very tight time limit.

Also, I will say -  if you’re “all about the gameplay”, and don’t care about the story, there are a lot of games out there more suited to you than this one…

…the stroy might not be outstanding here, but it is a significant factor - and if you don’t care about narrative at all, the gameplay, (while pretty good,) will probably get a bit old by the end of the platinum journey

21 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Hi im jumping on this game. but i was planning to to the DLC first, but it seem pretty difficult. Will the powerups from story mode carry over to the DLC mode? and will it be better to do the story first.

I dont care about spoilers or anything like that, im all about the gameplay.

If you're also in it to get the 100% then you definitely need to have done the main game first as it carries over. Its the reason I don't have the 100%, I lost my save and just cant be bothered to do another run of the game.

Actually I guess its not detriment to play the main game first, but it would mean you would be doing the DLC to move onto the main game to then move back to the DLC.

Edited by Silocia
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'd like to ask a somewhat related question. Basically I always do the main story first and then the DLC. However lately I've made it a habbit that my final trophy will always be a platinum, meaning I always leave one trophy in the main campaign to be done after clearing all the DLC.

In this spirit I checking the feedback here I was wondering which trophy would cause the least headache to do after the DLC. I was thinking one of the collectibles. Or is there a reason why I should find all first before tackling the DLC?