Is 'Challenge Accepted' impossible?

coldspectre

I don't believe I can platinum Mortal Kombat 10 since the 'Challenge Accepted' trophy seems to be buggy. After having friends of mine send challenges to me, I have accepted them but the game crashes to the blue screen of death every time. I changed all of my privacy settings to 'open' and this phenomenon still repeats itself. 

If anybody has any advice, I would really appreciate it and I'm sure anybody else stuck with this problem as well, would too. Thank-you. 

Share your thoughts. ?

17 minutes ago, coldspectre said:

I don't believe I can platinum Mortal Kombat 10 since the 'Challenge Accepted' trophy seems to be buggy. After having friends of mine send challenges to me, I have accepted them but the game crashes to the blue screen of death every time. I changed all of my privacy settings to 'open' and this phenomenon still repeats itself. 

If anybody has any advice, I would really appreciate it and I'm sure anybody else stuck with this problem as well, would too. Thank-you. 

Share your thoughts. 1f914.png

Did you try to reinstall the game?

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, TheEstilingue said:

I get to send the challenge to myself from another account, but when i aceept it, the score of the tower i have to beat goes over a billion. I guess the developers did not want people to do that.

I had that problem too. The score went to over a quadrillion

On 24/04/2022 at 4:55 PM, TheEstilingue said:

I get to send the challenge to myself from another account, but when i aceept it, the score of the tower i have to beat goes over a billion. I guess the developers did not want people to do that.

On 25/04/2022 at 0:00 AM, patrickdziura said:

I had that problem too. The score went to over a quadrillion

I got the same results. The same thing happened when I sent a friend a tower challenge and I only got the trophy because I "won" by billions of points. My PS4 crashes when he sends me a challenge and the invite just vanished twice when I sent him one. This simple trophy is a mess. 

57 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Is this still a mess? I wanted to get 100% in this game, not started it yet.

I've written the solution above to fix the problem.

However you may not be able to unlock the invader trophy anymore, which is a separate trophy with a separate issue. I don't have any details on invasions but if you're goal is to 100% the game, you may want to investigate other forums discussing invasion issues with people who are more informed and up to date on the matter.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone! I’ve Recently Been Trying To Platinum MKX But Have Run In To Trouble With The “Challenge Accepted” Mission As I Cannot Beat The Random Score That Typically Is A Minimum Of 1.6 Million & To 1.5 Billion. It Seems Like A Very Difficult Glitch To Beat. I Lose Even When My Score Is In The Quintillions. Can Anyone Help Me With This Issue? Are There Any Fixes? Please Offer Any Solutions You Find! Thank You! 

Please Contact Me Here For Any Questions! Don’t Hesitate To Contact Me For Screenshots At My PSN (A1C_Chan) As Well! I Also Have Discord If You Need To Send Me Messages There But I Have No Idea How To Post Screenshots Here.

Thank You In Advance PSNProfiles Community!

Edited by A1C_Chan
Forgot Information
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7.2.2022 at 4:28 PM, coldspectre said:

I finally popped this trophy with a simple solution. 

I made an alternate account first of all and then I went to my main account. From my main account I completed a challenge tower (don't bother trying to complete the in-match challenges, it's pointless) and then I sent the challenge request to my alt account.

Now this part is important for people who crash when loading their game. 26d4.pngDon't launch the game and search for the pending invitation in-game26d4.png. Just accept the invitation instead from the notifications on your ps dashboard and it will automatically load the game. (There is a chance it will crash anyway but I found this reduced the likelihood of this problem reoccurring).

Finally, accept the tower challenge and when the first match starts, just allow the AI to beat you up. When you lose just select 'Quit to main menu' and an automatic alert should be sent to your main account. I found that quitting before even competing in one match seems to make the challenge void, so just start the tower and then lose. 

Close the game!

Go to your main account and once again do not launch the game yourself, go to the notifications on your ps dashboard and accept the invitation. When the game loads the scoreboard, your alt will be the loser and your trophy will pop. 

Good luck  1f4aa.png1f60e.png

Thank your for the thorough explanation, worked just fine. This crap got me worried for a second.

• Like 1

On 2022-02-07 at 10:28 AM, coldspectre said:

I made an alternate account first of all and then I went to my main account. From my main account I completed a challenge tower (don't bother trying to complete the in-match challenges, it's pointless) and then I sent the challenge request to my alt account.

Now this part is important for people who crash when loading their game. 26d4.pngDon't launch the game and search for the pending invitation in-game26d4.png. Just accept the invitation instead from the notifications on your ps dashboard and it will automatically load the game. (There is a chance it will crash anyway but I found this reduced the likelihood of this problem reoccurring).

Finally, accept the tower challenge and when the first match starts, just allow the AI to beat you up. When you lose just select 'Quit to main menu' and an automatic alert should be sent to your main account. I found that quitting before even competing in one match seems to make the challenge void, so just start the tower and then lose. 

Close the game!

Go to your main account and once again do not launch the game yourself, go to the notifications on your ps dashboard and accept the invitation. When the game loads the scoreboard, your alt will be the loser and your trophy will pop. 

Idk what I’m doing wrong lol have tried 3 towers in a row and sent the challenge to the alt, load up the game via invite, lose, quit to main menu, then switch to main and I don’t get any sort of invite to start the game up and manually starting the game up makes the challenge disappear so not sure how to fix this lol

EDIT:

Got the trophy doing the same method right after posting this lol idk why but it wouldn’t send the alert on my main until my 4th attempt, anyways I got it now lol

Edited by Vatch_
Trophy resolved

On 07/02/2022 at 0:28 PM, coldspectre said:

Close the game!

thanks for the info! Still, there is no solution so far for getting this trophy on a PS5, as far as I know

• 2 months later...

I'm having the game crashing when trying to accept the challenge from inside the game.

Unfortunately, if I accept the challenge from the notification menu, I don't have any crash BUT, once the game is loaded, the challenge won't be there and it will be as if I create a new challenge.

Anybody else having this issue?

On 31/12/2022 at 9:05 PM, naranxin said:

I'm having the game crashing when trying to accept the challenge from inside the game.

Unfortunately, if I accept the challenge from the notification menu, I don't have any crash BUT, once the game is loaded, the challenge won't be there and it will be as if I create a new challenge.

Anybody else having this issue?

I'm having this issue as well or it crashes loads from the notifications as well but when I finally get through it's just a new tower challenge and if I try searching there's nothing there 

managed to get the trophy twice back 2 back on my alt and my main. FIRST play the tower challenge completely while both accounts are already logged in to the PS4. after that make a tower challenge and send it to your ALT. accept the challenge while the game is still running and while both accounts are logged in (accept it from notifications). after that complete the tower and keep sending it to your alt and main back. i actually started the challenge on my ALT completed it sent the challenge to my main. LOST the challenge but afther i finished it i sent it again to my alt after the first game i lost on my alt and quit thn got a notification on my main OPENED it and the results were normal numbers and i won. im so sorry if im unclear msg me if you need a clearer explanation or something 

I finally got the trophy. The way I did it was as follows.

1: backed up my save in the cloud then deleted my save on the console.

2: did a challenge tower on my alt account and send it to my main account.

3: open the challenge on my main via notifications. (I got an error CE-34878-0)

4: open the game on my main and go to tower challenge list. (it wil try to retrieve the challenge but it keeps giving the same error.

5: on the psn menu sign out and then sign your account back in.

6: open the game and go to tower challenge list. It then showed my the challenge I gave from my alt wih the normal points

7: defeat challenge and win the trophy

Thank god this worked an I got the plat now.

Edited by BrutalR

• 1 month later...

This trophy is glitched as hell! Finally got it after a lot of attempts, the whole process was so frustrating and annoying. My friends sent me challenges, I sent them challenges - nothing worked at all for me. But at least the trophy popped for one of my friends after he sent me a challenge which glitched and showed insane unbeatable score even though on his end the score was only 200k. I obviously couldn't beat the glitched score, so my friend won. Didn't work vice versa for me.

Then I created a second account, started sending challenges back and forth. Got the trophy on the second account after a few tries. I started to believe that it's actually doable, this motivated me, so I continued the grind. After another like 20-25 attempts the damn trophy finally popped. So if you're going for it, just have patience. It will glitch a lot, the game will not render your scoring properly, it will show unbeatable numbers, or your scoring will just disappear after sending a challenge, etc. But at some point this glitch will take your side and the trophy will be claimed.

On 07/02/2022 at 3:28 PM, coldspectre said:

Close the game!

For me, I simply retrieve a new tower challenge when it loads up, either from notifications or in game invite. Tried 4 times now. This game is so broken and it isn't even that old. I don't know why people buy this nonsense when they can't be trusted to fix their games. 

Edit: Sent it to 3 alts at the same time. One was more responsive (it received notifications but the other 2 didn't). The more responsive account was able to retrieve the challenge after the 2nd try (from notifications) and my account had no trouble retrieving the results after I purposely got killed and quit with the alt. One note; I deleted save data on all the accounts every time I tried, then booted the game up on them fresh. This was because I figured they could definitely receive the notifications about the game if it had been started, but like I said it didn't work with 2 of them. I think it helps to delete the save data from both accounts you use before trying again, but that step may be unnecessary. Really, I'd advise first trying to do 3 alt account invites at once and seeing which one loads up the actual tower (not just a new tower) after accepting the invite via the Notifications.

Edited by jayofmaya
New information, hopefully detailed enough for every1 to understand

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just wanted to add my two cents on how I got this Trophy early today on PS4. It was a very painless process and I had no errors or crashes at all.

1. Logged into both my main account and secondary account on my PS4.

2. Started the game with my main account.

3. Went into the Towers and completed a Tower with my main account.

4. When I had finished, I sent the challenge to my secondary account.

5. Switched profiles to my secondary account and accepted the invite/challenge.

6. With my secondary account, I started the Tower challenge. The points to beat were more than 32 million. Absolutely impossible!

7. ... so I just lost the first fight with my secondary account. When prompted, I chose to go back to the main menu.

8. My main account go the notification for the challenge being over.

9. I switched accounts back to my main account, clicked on the notification and it took me back to the game.

10. Once the profile and challenge had been updated, I got my Trophy.

Hopefully this is helpful for anyone having trouble!

PS: Yeah, this particular Trophy is impossible to get on PS5. The system simply doesn't work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2022 at 12:28, coldspectre said:

Finalmente ganhei este troféu com uma solução simples. 

Fiz uma conta alternativa primeiro e depois fui para minha conta principal. Na minha conta principal, concluí uma torre de desafio (não se preocupe em tentar concluir os desafios da partida, é inútil) e enviei a solicitação de desafio para minha conta alternativa.

Agora, esta parte é importante para pessoas que travam ao carregar o jogo. 26d4.pngNão inicie o jogo e procure o convite pendente no jogo 26d4.png. Basta aceitar o convite nas notificações no painel do ps e ele carregará o jogo automaticamente. (Há uma chance de travar de qualquer maneira, mas descobri que isso reduz a probabilidade de esse problema ocorrer novamente).

Por fim, aceite o desafio da torre e, quando a primeira partida começar, deixe a IA derrotá-lo. Quando você perder, selecione 'Sair para o menu principal' e um alerta automático deve ser enviado para sua conta principal. Descobri que desistir antes mesmo de competir em uma partida parece anular o desafio, então apenas comece a torre e depois perca. 

Feche o jogo!

Vá para sua conta principal e, mais uma vez, não inicie o jogo sozinho, vá para as notificações no painel do ps e aceite o convite. Quando o jogo carregar o placar, seu alt será o perdedor e seu troféu aparecerá. 

Boa sorte  1f4aa.png1f60e.png

Para os BR, este método ajuda muito.

No momento que o convite chegar, deve aparecer a pontuação que deve ser vencida.

Se isso não ocorrer, pode ir na conta principal e refazer a torre e mandar um novo convite de desafio.

The moment the invitation arrives, the score that must be won should appear. If this does not happen, you can go to the main account and rebuild the tower and send a new challenge invitation.

• 3 months later...

October 2023 update

I recently had problems with the above methods!

For me I did:

1) Complete the tower with my main, send the challenge to my alt.

2)Close application then switch accounts, accepted the challenge with my alt on the dashboard so that it would launch the game.

3) When you load up, it should show the score on the bottom left, if not, go back on your main, complete the tower and send the challenge again.

Complete the tower on your alt and you should lose the challenge (score is unbeatable anyways)

4) Now close app, go back on your main and accept the challenge results notification from the dashboard.

5) Accept it, it will launch you back on the game and it should give you a victory!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...