Who wants to be a... trophy question

ZomBowner

35 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Haven't heard anything anywhere, but does anyone know the answer to the original question, please? Thanks. =)

You honestly may not get an answer anytime soon. I think the majority of us are just getting it from duped items. 1 million is a ludicrous amount of stuff you have to sell, I was only around 50k I believe being more than halfway through the game, and I loot everything.

36 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

You honestly may not get an answer anytime soon. I think the majority of us are just getting it from duped items. 1 million is a ludicrous amount of stuff you have to sell, I was only around 50k I believe being more than halfway through the game, and I loot everything.

Yeah that's what I was thinking haha. I guess it's the safer thing to do as well considering what just happened to me... (Lost half my skills and went from Rank 9 to Rank 5!)

1 hour ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Haven't heard anything anywhere, but does anyone know the answer to the original question, please? Thanks. =)

In my experience, there's usually a subtle nuance with wording. In this case, "collect," or similarly "accrue" which would imply over time. Other cases, wording would have been something like "hold" or "possess" if it required it all at once.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Apollo said:

In my experience, there's usually a subtle nuance with wording. In this case, "collect," or similarly "accrue" which would imply over time. Other cases, wording would have been something like "hold" or "possess" if it required it all at once.

Yeah, that was my thinking too, not to mention Powerpyx saying it'll take another hundred extra hours or something. But still, it'd be nice if there was an official confirmation of how it works. Probably is to be holding it all at once which is a bit ridiculous. ?

Just wish there was a statistic page we could use to track it! Or even the actual trophy tracker.

Either way, think the duplication probably is the best and easiest way so I'll just go with that route. Thanks for both your replies! ?

• Like 1

It's cumulative, someone who did the dupe late into their save said it popped for them at 900k - but honestly good luck trying to do it legit, I'm not sure if I even collected 100k valuables throughout my playthrough. If you are concerned about it ruining your save either leave it for last or backup a save. 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2022 at 0:25 AM, mega-tallica said:

Another way to farm money without the need for co-op is in the last area of the game if you drained the water there, there will be bolters roaming around at night. If you grapple hook them they will endlessly drop rare crystals for you. If you can get one secluded enough so you're not bothered by any other zombies getting in the way especially the suiciders who are annoying in that area, you can just grapple the bolter over and over and he'll drop hundreds of crystals for you and you can get to 1 million money in no time. I got 75k in like 5 minutes doing this. 

EDIT: There's been a new discovery that makes this even easier without co-op. Use the Pan of Destiny that you get for completing the chicken side quest at the dam. It's an infinite, low damage throwable. Find a bolter and just spam throwing the pan at him. You'll stun him in place and he'll drop 2 rare crystals with every hit which you get a minimum 500 money for (I was getting 700 for each at the Fish Eye). There's an area towards the southern end of the flooded section that always spawns two bolters in it (and a ton of suiciders which can be annoying). The bonus is once you get him to drop a bunch of crystals, you can run away a short distance and all the crystals will respawn allowing you to pick them up again. You can farm 999 crystals this way in about 15-20 minutes which will net you about 750k. Sell them, go back and collect another 250k worth of crystals (which will still be there, they infinitely respawn) and boom, trophy. 

I think this is by far the easiest method to farm money and it will probably be patched soon so I recommend taking advantage of it as soon as possible especially if you don't want to be bothered trying to get this with the co-op dupe like me. 

this is faster than the co-op exploit, thanks for the find

Guess I will try the pan method but of course with my luck I didn't drain the flooded part in my save files. Will hitting any rare enemies with it cause those drops? I'm running around farming scrap for the pan now... 

Or if there are any saints who read this and have a bunch of valuables farmed, please add me and drop in co-op. ?

edit: well crap, I hoped it was just any blue/orange icon rare enemies that would drop items when hit with the pan, but it's not working elsewhere. 

Edited by NukeEarth

1 hour ago, NukeEarth said:

Guess I will try the pan method but of course with my luck I didn't drain the flooded part in my save files. Will hitting any rare enemies with it cause those drops? I'm running around farming scrap for the pan now... 

Or if there are any saints who read this and have a bunch of valuables farmed, please add me and drop in co-op. 1f61c.png

edit: well crap, I hoped it was just any blue/orange icon rare enemies that would drop items when hit with the pan, but it's not working elsewhere. 

Yeah, only the bolters in the flooded section will drop crystals when hit unfortunately. Either by a glitch or by design but they're the only enemies where it works. 

Your best bet would be to get into somebody else's game where that section is drained so you can get this or you'll have to revert to the traditional duplication method. 

Edited by mega-tallica

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, spiderfym said:

Hi,

It's easy way to make this trophy.

Go to shopper and just sell your items, then buy it back (without closing shop window). You can buy it with that same prices as you sell. 
You mast do it few times and trophy will by yours. 

Thanks for help - worked for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CescReyes said:

How does this work if your buying your items back for the same price?

Because you have the money all the time to buy back the things sold, and you can do it over and over again. It's not about having a million at one time, but in total.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2022 at 1:53 PM, spiderfym said:

Because you have the money all the time to buy back the things sold, and you can do it over and over again. It's not about having a million at one time, but in total.

Thanks mate, saw this and didnt reply back straight away!

• 4 weeks later...
On 25-4-2022 at 2:52 PM, ManiaWP said:

The selling and buyback trick. Does it still work if you leave the trader and come back later, or do you have to wait for the trophy in one session?

Just did it today in two steps. (Screwed up at 70% or so). I logged the amount, after 150k the trophy popped. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, mega-tallica said:

Another way to farm money without the need for co-op is in the last area of the game if you drained the water there, there will be bolters roaming around at night. If you grapple hook them they will endlessly drop rare crystals for you. If you can get one secluded enough so you're not bothered by any other zombies getting in the way especially the suiciders who are annoying in that area, you can just grapple the bolter over and over and he'll drop hundreds of crystals for you and you can get to 1 million money in no time. I got 75k in like 5 minutes doing this. 

EDIT: There's been a new discovery that makes this even easier without co-op. Use the Pan of Destiny that you get for completing the chicken side quest at the dam. It's an infinite, low damage throwable. Find a bolter and just spam throwing the pan at him. You'll stun him in place and he'll drop 2 rare crystals with every hit which you get a minimum 500 money for (I was getting 700 for each at the Fish Eye). There's an area towards the southern end of the flooded section that always spawns two bolters in it (and a ton of suiciders which can be annoying). The bonus is once you get him to drop a bunch of crystals, you can run away a short distance and all the crystals will respawn allowing you to pick them up again. You can farm 999 crystals this way in about 15-20 minutes which will net you about 750k. Sell them, go back and collect another 250k worth of crystals (which will still be there, they infinitely respawn) and boom, trophy. 

I think this is by far the easiest method to farm money and it will probably be patched soon so I recommend taking advantage of it as soon as possible especially if you don't want to be bothered trying to get this with the co-op dupe like me. 

Does the pan glitch still work on the latest 1.010 version of the game?

EDIT: I can confirm that selling and buying back your items nets you the trophy on 1.010. 

Edited by psycho_clank314

• 10 months later...