Why I platted GTA5 as quick as possible to be able to quit playing it

JG-Ray

I really liked the game ! it was awesome , i had tons of fun playing it 

but truthfully it was lacking something for me , i can't say exactly what but it just was

it was everything and more than i expected but i still found it lacking which is strange since it's

one of the biggest open worlds ever released 

the online was fun with friends but it got boring fast , extremely fast 

that and the online community were like you said 12 year old kids screaming down the mic 

all in all i think Gta v was good but for me it's not very memorable 

Gta Iv is more memorable in my opinion . 

• Like 2

I agree, I have 175+ hours online....and I understand your point. In retrospect, I tried getting the plat fast because I thought Rockstar was going to give away "city keys" like they did in the previous installment. But, the online was far from great. I only have a ton of time due to helping friends for trophies and level 100. If they capitalized on the online portion, debugged it, came out with dlc on time, I would say it would be a GOTY nominee, but, we can no say this.....

I still haven't even open my game yet. Just collecting dust for now. Soon though. Very soon I shall visit Los Santos. 

I'm not really interested in GTA MP because I know it's filled with kids that haven't grown any balls yet but when it comes to

MP that involves a real team defeating a monster then I'm in! 

We'll just have to see ;) 

All your problems were easily fixable with a couple button presses hehe, not rockstars fault 13 year olds play it now it is ;) I platted the game, online is good, it's free and better than most of the shit we get served on a regular basis, story was good, honestly would've bought the game if the multiplayer wasn't even in it,but it was and it was free, can't complain too much ^.^ my only issue was the level 100 trophy I was find it annoying when game devs have the arrogance to make you grind on what is most of the time a really shit tacked on multiplayer haha. Hate online trophies with a passion, such an awful idea. Genuinely surprised they still exist, so dumb.

Edited by Slim Shady
  • Like 2

As someone has previously stated, it is incredibly easy to just set your audio to "friends and crew only". If that's your only complaint, I pity you for not utilizing this feature to improve your experience.

This.  This isn't muting EVERYONE, you'll still be able to communicate with people that matter.

...Unless your friends and crew ARE 5 year olds or fit into some other annoying group.

Edited by Sonic
  • Like 1

I still play it quite a bit with my friends, because there's a lot of fun stuff to just randomly do in that game, like the other day we decided, "hey, let's all get some bikes and cycle up the mountain then all ride down the steep part of it and try not to die," so we did it, and just getting there from the city and everything after it provided several hours of fun.

There are a few issues with the game though, I think the main issue with the game is that it's a crime game, and the pure necessity of money in that game (and how quickly you can lose it by having fun) is a bad thing. Then again, if heists were there day one, which I still don't think they are, then money might not be that much of an issue. The surge of hackers in the game didn't help either and they are FINALLY fixing that. Lastly, the bad sport lobby was a mistake on Rockstar's part, I recently think they finally got rid of it. People got put in there for having fun and causing "too much" crime IN A CRIME GAME!! This was usually, "oh, haha, I just blew up my friends insured car and I have to pay the insurance bill, but haha that was a funny moment! ..... oh no, oh no! I'm in the bad sport lobby!" And if you kept doing it, your time spent in the bad sport lobby kept increasing!! You were punished for causing crime in a crime game! A lot of it was a disaster that they are finally getting around to fixing =/

Edited by BlindMango

To be honest, this game completely wasn't what I was expecting. Maybe my expectations for Grand Theft Auto have gotten too high or maybe Rockstar just teased me for too long but it didn't feel all that special. I enjoyed playing through the single player but the heist's weren't what I was expecting, and neither was the online. One thing I noticed while playing this game was that this is the first GTA I've played where I don't completely LOVE any of the radio stations, not one. Rockstar was onto something special with the online, but they ruined it when they went on a rampage trying to punish cheaters that they forgot about the people who were legitimately playing the online, I have no fun playing online anymore, I'm rank 63 and only need to get to rank 100 for platinum, but I refuse to go back till they host a Double/Triple XP weekend or something.

• Like 2

i was at the midnight release an 1/2 people there where around the age of 12.. 

i know what you mean i HATE these damn kids that scream trough their mic. and  ''having sex with my mom everyday''

damn sometimes i wish i could teleport in front of their face and smash their heads in the television.

i have sold my copy of GTA V after i platinum'd it cause of the kids, killing for nothing cocksuckers, bugs etc online

I loved GTA 5 I think it is the best GTA since Liberty City Stories and also GTA San Andreas but the reason why i don't play it that much is cause GTA doesn't hold my attention that much anymore but I found Multiplayer to be amazing and really fun, I didn't have a problem of raging just cause a bunch of kids are yelling to their headset (mostly cause I used to play COD and i got used to it), I would have just muted them but selling the game just because of a few whiny kids is a little extreme, you even said that you loved it but then again it is your game so it is your choice of what to do with it, I would have just gave the game a second chance.

• Like 1

I find it odd that people actually sell their games just because they hate the online.  You know, back in my day, games didn't have online.  Online modes are usually some lame tacked on thing anyway, the real meat is almost always single player (the exception being stuff like fighters).  If you enjoy the single player/offline mode, then just replay that when the urge strikes. 

The main bit of GTA V was the online. The story was the tacked on bit.

• Like 2

I personally the offline story amazing and thoroughly enjoyed playing. Online was ok up until the recent create your own deathmatch and races modes, the amount of hacks and glitches occuring as a result is tedious. If I want to quick play a match, I don't want to play someone elses crap creation. Thank god I finished online.

Now I'm just keeping it for offline DLC.

I find it odd that people actually sell their games just because they hate the online.  You know, back in my day, games didn't have online.  Online modes are usually some lame tacked on thing anyway, the real meat is almost always single player (the exception being stuff like fighters).  If you enjoy the single player/offline mode, then just replay that when the urge strikes.

The other reason is now is the perfect time to sell. You could sell your copy for like $40 then in 5 months if you miss it buy another copy for $25. :)

• Like 1