Why I platted GTA5 as quick as possible to be able to quit playing it

JG-Ray

hmm, name like that, i would of thought you were 13

I'm 33. People are always offended by the name but yet no one can ever give a reason why. Anyway, you can't change your nick once you make it so you'll have to emotionally get over it.

I bought the game on release and finished the single player rather quick. So quick that GTA online was not available yet. I parked the game for a week expecting that once it is launched I will be playing it for a year straight. When it did launch the bugs were so bad that I decided to wait a week.

After only a day I realized that I was to get the online trophies and sell my copy as soon as possible.

My experience with GTA online is 90% people are F THIS F THAT, screaming in their mics, little kids and their shrilling voices, etc. People were always sending me phone messages when I was in my apartment swear/texting me because they wanted me to exit my place(probably to kill me or something).

The online aspect is totally out of control. I couldn't use sound through my stereo system because kids would scream F-this at the top of their lungs and I couldn't resort to my headset because of the screechings of 13yr olds and their high pitch voice.

This is why I sold it. Man that was annoying! The worst part about all of this is I loved the game.

I loved the game, both single player and online, didn't experience any of the problems you had :/

To everyone saying it's bad and boring, I ask you: what were you expecting to be? Imature content such as genitals and so on? If that's what you're expecting go play some Saints Row and when you've finally grown up come back to the classic, masterpiece: Grand Theft Auto

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

I'm 33. People are always offended by the name but yet no one can ever give a reason why. Anyway, you can't change your nick once you make it so you'll have to emotionally get over it.

I wonder if you still think your name is so funny when say your mom gets diagnosed with HIV. I cringe when I see people with offensive names like yours.

Just a random fact: psychology studies have shown that gamers with offensive or sexual gamertags are often either very insecure about their sexuality or feel the need to have a provoking name to cover up the fact they are shy and/or socially isolated. Not saying you are shy, just some food for thought.

As for the screaming 13-year olds, welcome to online gaming. They are everywhere, praise the sun for that magical mute button it makes life as a gamer so much more beautiful. I don't see why one would sell their game just because of an online portion that is full of kids.

My personal view, I buy GTA for the singleplayer, I couldn't care less if they'd leave the MP out

• Like 1

The main bit of GTA V was the online. The story was the tacked on bit.

What the hell? elaborate, if you will? GTA V was a massive, sprawling single player experience.

AIDSorHIV thing@

I'd find that humorous if I was killed by you in a game. A joke is only insulting/uncomfortable if the person wants to make it so. 

And finally as for the topic, GTA V is easily one of my favorite games ever and while the MP was lacking, the SP was just so good it completely made up for it. Completely trashes IV and the games before it.

aids/hiv is not a thing that i find funny, playing a mp game, lets say cod, you kill me, it says, you were killed by aids or hiv, that is insulting

Haha, that is actually fairly funny. Don't get all bitter about the name. You can debunk any name to make it unappealing.

Example: Window_warrior. So I suppose to be a warrior you must kill multiple people. Hmm...I don't find mass murder humorous!!! B)

Anyway, the SP was excellent and I'm not going to say that the game was bad. There was so much good in it I'm having a hard time getting over it while playing diff. games like this stupid Lost planet 3 I'm working on. My complaint was just on the MP part. I suppose Rockstar isn't really to be fully blamed too as what I hated was many of the players.

Haha, that is actually fairly funny. Don't get all bitter about the name. You can debunk any name to make it unappealing.

Example: Window_warrior. So I suppose to be a warrior you must kill multiple people. Hmm...I don't find mass murder humorous!!! B)

Anyway, the SP was excellent and I'm not going to say that the game was bad. There was so much good in it I'm having a hard time getting over it while playing diff. games like this stupid Lost planet 3 I'm working on. My complaint was just on the MP part. I suppose Rockstar isn't really to be fully blamed too as what I hated was many of the players.

It is actually Widow_Warrior, I called him Window_Warrior for quite  awhile too before he corrected me.  :blush:

Anyways, this thread isn't about AIDorHIV's name, it is about GTA V so if you'd like to discuss his name further please take it to PM's. 

Thanks,

Parker

• Like 2

The only reason your mom would get diagnosed with AIDS or HIV is if she was a cheap whore, and if thats the case you have plenty to be ashamed of already.

Anyway, I enforce free roam these days. I get my tank, and I spawnkill the unworthy. My first target are the obvious ones, the ones squeaking into the mic, obviously underage. These are the best cause they get so frustrated when you spawnkill them, and sometimes you can hear their parents yell when they get too angry.

Once they are eliminated I target those with XXxAwFuLNaMeSXXX. This is a strong indicator of being underaged.

Lastly, I examine peoples personal vehicles, if they are tasteless, I blow them up and spawn kill them until they leave. Chrome cars for example, are never OK to drive.

I am a few bars away from 120, and since heists, the selling point of the game, STILL arent implemented, this is all there is left to do.

I bought this game a couple of weeks after launch and then sold it immediately after getting platinum. The single player was fun for awhile. I finished that first before starting the online stuff. I agree about the kids and other immature ppl sounding like complete jackasses thru their mics, but that really wasn't surprising. Online needed more work before being rolled out. Races and missions were pretty standard and got super boring super quick. Payouts were not great considering the high price most things (maybe to push players into buying Shark Cards?), and grinding to rank 100 took a considerable amount of time if you didn't take advantage of "Criminal Records" and "Down the Drain" before they got severely nerfed.

I totally agree and honestly my question is where are the parents or why arent they in school or asleep i have kids and wouldnt dare let them play gta5 let alone jump on the mic but besides me ranting like a grandpa i do miss gta5 i too bought on release date tried to take my time instead of smashing the game to the end so fast but couldnt help myself i guess u can say i was infatuated like a chick goggly eyed over sales in the mall but soon the rave was dry and done it got repetitive and online with the glitches and cheaters and a-holes that wanna run up on u murk u really drove me up a wall and a min from drivng my controller throw a window so i quit even though i was 2 trophies away from a plat i cant lie i do reminisce about old times with my crew wrecking havoc and having fun (deep sigh) ehhh ah well on to something else

• 3 weeks later...

The main bit of GTA V was the online. The story was the tacked on bit.

People really glossed over this for the most part.  Do people actually think this way?  The story and exploration has always been the focus in the series, hell online didn't even exist officially until GTA IV... and GTA:O was even given a different name to distinguish itself from GTA V.  It's barely even a part of the game.

To be so young...

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

damn man i just finished SP and was so excited to go MP but man am i dissapointed..the whole thing just doesn't feel right..also the first session i got into was me with 2 players and i had to go to the cloth store(as part o the introduction) and this 100+ level kid just keeps killing me over and over like fucking hunting me while screaming like a fucking harpy. so i guess add me for some jobs if you want some normal guy who won't screech your ears and not take a heli and camp your ass until you leave session

• Like 1

damn man i just finished SP and was so excited to go MP but man am i dissapointed..the whole thing just doesn't feel right..also the first session i got into was me with 2 players and i had to go to the cloth store(as part o the introduction) and this 100+ level kid just keeps killing me over and over like fucking hunting me while screaming like a fucking harpy. so i guess add me for some jobs if you want some normal guy who won't screech your ears and not take a heli and camp your ass until you leave session

I just started playing solo or crew sessions when that happened to me. Until I got stronger that is. ;)

Edited by -Dark Mark-

I haven't run into many of the problems that you guys are having with kids and bugs

my problem with the online is all those assholes with tanks that go around blowing up everyone and their cars,

and now with not a whole lot else to do I've become one of those assholes with the tanks. I lived long enough to see myself become the villain  :(

Rockstar should ban anyone who has rank over 250. I started deathmatch and there was a guy with rank 597. He sucked a**. He killed me only twice in 20 minutes. With that rank, he's supposed to be extremelly skilled but he is like those rank 1 guys.

Edited by Amonares

Rockstar should ban anyone who has rank over 250. I started deathmatch and there was a guy with rank 597. He sucked ass. He killed me 2 times in 20min. With that rank, he supposed to be extreme skilled but he is like those rank 1 guys.

With that in mind, should a person with a high trophy level be better at gaming than a low trophy level gamer?

On 3/8/2014 at 10:54 AM, closertim said:

With that in mind, should a person with a high trophy level be better at gaming than a low trophy level gamer?

No, trophies don't matter here. He would've been a fantastic online player if he actually got that rank legit. What I'm trying to say here is that his skill level was same as skill of people who just jumped for the first time in GTA online world.

Edited by Amonares

Well, i really wanted to plat this game, but now, i may end up giving up on it...

Basically, i couldn't connect to GTA Online this morning. Then the game offered me to create a temporary character. But it also stated that my current characters will be saved! After that, i thought why not, and created a temporary character. Now, after my connection is finally good and everything, i can't go to online, again... when i go to "Choose Character" the only one available is the temporary character , my main 79 rank character is gone... if Rockstar doesn't fix this, i'm giving up the platinum. I've send them a message, it will probably take them days to answer though -.-

• Like 1

No, trophies doesn't matter here. He would be super professional if he got that rank legit. Rank 1 people just got in GTA Online world, so they are not that good yet.

What I'm trying to say here, is that his skill level was same as skill of people who just jumped for the first time in GTA online world.

Who is to say he wasn't playing with his wife/girlfriend/buddy who isn't familiar with the game? I play online with my wife occasionally, we use my profile and she does absolutely terrible. The same thing could've been happening with this gentleman you're speaking of.

Parker