Glitches/Bugs You Found

The Hickory Windmill is completely bugged out. You don't grab the bar properly and it makes you jump off to the side rather than forward when trying to jump to the next bar which is also bugged out if you do happen to get lucky and make it to that one. 

It's impossible to complete the way you're supposed to but luckily you can skip the whole thing and just paraglide over to the top from a nearby vent which launches you really high. You'll easily reach the top platform and skip the whole parkour section that you're supposed to do altogether. There's quite a few windmills in the game that you could completely skip like that if you abuse nearby vents to launch you. 

50 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

The Hickory Windmill is completely bugged out. You don't grab the bar properly and it makes you jump off to the side rather than forward when trying to jump to the next bar which is also bugged out if you do happen to get lucky and make it to that one. 

It's impossible to complete the way you're supposed to but luckily you can skip the whole thing and just paraglide over to the top from a nearby vent which launches you really high. You'll easily reach the top platform and skip the whole parkour section that you're supposed to do altogether. There's quite a few windmills in the game that you could completely skip like that if you abuse nearby vents to launch you. 

Ive gotten quite a few airdrops this way as well. It’s well worth upgrading the paraglider to get better maneuverability and the speed boost. 

Well, my game has just completely messed up for me now. Just been joining random online games when all of a sudden, I realise I can't do the speed boost with the paraglider... Then see that I have skill points to use... I shouldn't as I'm maxed and when I now check, half my skills are now missing! Was Rank 9 or whatever and now I'm back at Rank 5! ?

Hopefully it restores itself eventually but yeah... Not optimistic. It's a good job I got the majority of the trophies already I guess! ?

I wonder if it's reset/changed the progress I'd done regarding the trophies I have left to do though...

Offline I generally haven't had too many issues but online is definitely where I've seen it most.

• Like 1

I think this will be a nightmare to platinum unless future patches start correcting progress or popping trophies that were done. Just noticed a water tower facility in my game is not showing as assigned to either faction or marked as "activity complete", even though I think it's one of the first ones from the mission where you disarm bombs, and I am currently at endgame. But there's a trophy for assigning all facilities. So if there's no way for me to sort out that water tower, there goes that trophy unless I do it all again. I didn't get the second to last trophy in the story for a very simple scene, unless they can pop that with a patch then I have to get back to 90% through the story. I'm sure there are probably a few others that aren't tracking right that I just haven't noticed yet. I'd be happy to plat this and sell the game until later, but looks like that might not even be possible unless the next patch is a miracle. I've already basically played it twice with my first 18 hour save file stuck in the death loop right now, if anything requires me to replay a huge part of the game again I'm not sure if I can make myself do that. 

Edited by NukeEarth
  • Like 1

Playing on Hard makes selling things impossible, I can't believe this is intended. You have an artifact weapon? 5 bucks. You have a uncommon or common? Vendors literally don't even want it. Googling it, it's widespread... and dropping down to normal fixes the vendors.

Makes absolutely zero sense for Hard to have the vendors completely gouged out. Why would I go scavenging for things if they're worthless? If anything they should be worth a bit more on Hard. Guess I'm going down to Normal... unfortunate, I enjoy the hardest difficulty available in any game.

Whether this is a bug or not, I don't know. But I sure hope it isn't intended... because it's absolutely stupid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Playing on Hard makes selling things impossible, I can't believe this is intended. You have an artifact weapon? 5 bucks. You have a uncommon or common? Vendors literally don't even want it. Googling it, it's widespread... and dropping down to normal fixes the vendors.

Makes absolutely zero sense for Hard to have the vendors completely gouged out. Why would I go scavenging for things if they're worthless? If anything they should be worth a bit more on Hard. Guess I'm going down to Normal... unfortunate, I enjoy the hardest difficulty available in any game.

Whether this is a bug or not, I don't know. But I sure hope it isn't intended... because it's absolutely stupid.

To make the game more difficult. That's why it's called 'hard'. Many other games with merchants do the same thing on harder difficulties. Resources cost more and you get less for selling them compared to other difficulties so you can't lean on them as much as you would on lower difficulties. Horizon Zero Dawn is another that comes to mind that I recently played. The merchants are so expensive on ultra hard, you can't even afford to buy anything from them. Buying a couple arrows will empty your wallet and you get hardly anything back when you sell. That's the point. I don't understand how that makes scavenging 'worthless'. If anything that makes it more crucial as you have to rely on finding weapons and items in the world rather than just getting them from a merchant. 

That is for certain not a bug, that is intentional game design to add an extra challenge on hard difficulty. 

This is even worse then cyberpunk's release i keep getting game breaking bugs in this game left and right:

- the courier questline won't spawn for me (confirmed to be bugged as i talked to the first guy) thus ruining a collectible needed for the memento's trophy.

- Could you repeat quest bugged - npc that needs to be rescued is not spawning in preventing me to capture the last bandit base i need for the trophy (trophy breaking bug).

- Persons of interest quest bugged -> follows up with courier and the last answer can randomly bug out preventing you to get the audio log.

I am about 80% in the game and i got a feeling this will be a platinum killer for me because of the amount of bugs preventing you to get trophy's done and i'm not feeling in the mood to replay the entire game because of a RNG bug.

• Like 1

I fast traveled using a metro station map and got that trophy before i unlocked the trophy for activating my first metro station. That could be partly due to having one one in Multiplayer group and perhaps one of the partners activated it.

Also didn't get the trophy "Get Outta my House". Had to join a random and complete mission with them.

other random bug.... zombie heads floating. 

8 hours ago, evOlvingParasite said:

Completed all Metro stations and no trophy.

join someones game (earlier missions) and just go activate a substation. Should unlock from what ive seen others say

EDIT: i log on today, keep getting leaving mission area glitch. Literally can't do anything. 

Edited by Infected Elite

On 2/12/2022 at 10:32 PM, NukeEarth said:

I think this will be a nightmare to platinum unless future patches start correcting progress or popping trophies that were done. Just noticed a water tower facility in my game is not showing as assigned to either faction or marked as "activity complete", even though I think it's one of the first ones from the mission where you disarm bombs, and I am currently at endgame. But there's a trophy for assigning all facilities. So if there's no way for me to sort out that water tower, there goes that trophy unless I do it all again. I didn't get the second to last trophy in the story for a very simple scene, unless they can pop that with a patch then I have to get back to 90% through the story. I'm sure there are probably a few others that aren't tracking right that I just haven't noticed yet. I'd be happy to plat this and sell the game until later, but looks like that might not even be possible unless the next patch is a miracle. I've already basically played it twice with my first 18 hour save file stuck in the death loop right now, if anything requires me to replay a huge part of the game again I'm not sure if I can make myself do that. 

A few people have mentioned "boot licker" is bugged and that you can just join somebody elses session who has their facilities assigned to one faction.

We have had numerous bugs. But tonight takes the biscuit, pretty much each mission glitched out in one way or another. Characters not advancing the conversation, transported into walls etc. At one point we finished a mission and the game glitched out. The game bounced us forward to different areas unlocking the hook paraglider and numerous weapons (level 9, when we were level 3) and pushed us into the second area of the game that we hadn't unlocked yet. Luckily managed to get back to the first area, but we have two dev side quests stuck in the journal we obv can't complete now. All these glitches are beyond a joke. 

I just started playing this game today and the "First Shot" :bronze: trophy you're supposed to get for using an inhibitor for the first time glitched out on me at the beginning of the game... ?

Not off to good start here, but I'm probably not gonna worry about getting the plat for this game if this shit is already happening this early in the game.

14 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

To make the game more difficult. That's why it's called 'hard'. Many other games with merchants do the same thing on harder difficulties. Resources cost more and you get less for selling them compared to other difficulties so you can't lean on them as much as you would on lower difficulties. Horizon Zero Dawn is another that comes to mind that I recently played. The merchants are so expensive on ultra hard, you can't even afford to buy anything from them. Buying a couple arrows will empty your wallet and you get hardly anything back when you sell. That's the point. I don't understand how that makes scavenging 'worthless'. If anything that makes it more crucial as you have to rely on finding weapons and items in the world rather than just getting them from a merchant. 

That is for certain not a bug, that is intentional game design to add an extra challenge on hard difficulty. 

For the record I agree with everything you said, and in other games I have zero issue with the process being this way. But the reason I believe something is off with Hard in DL2 is just with HOW it handles transactions. Small simple example being: I had 2 blue weapons that were identical, 1 sold for 4$ while the other couldn't be sold at all. Odds are there's some internal roll system that happens when you pick up an item to determine it's value... but it makes it look like a shitty system when certain things occur. Maybe it would have been better if you could dismantle items for scrap atleast.

Either way I'm still having fun. ?

• Like 1

On 12/02/2022 at 6:07 PM, SamNickzx said:

For the Tickets please! trophy to pop, you need to use the map inside the metro station to fast travel. Simply fast travel to a metro station, when you spawn you'll see a map in-front of you. Then hit square and fast travel that way and it will pop

Right it worked, thanks :)

Well seems like only story trophies are bugged for me lol, hope I didn't mess with collectables ! the game is awesome but the bugs huuugh

Just joined a random co-op game to get the last memento from "To kill or not to kill". Left and my whole save has been overwritten. I had pretty much every single thing there is to do done and now I've been put to the broadcast story with genuinely almost nothing on the map done as if someone just tried to rush the story... Wanted to play on after I get the plat because I think the game is great but now I'm seriously annoyed with the current broken state of the game and will be moving on once I get the co-op kills and ultramarathon trophy done because I simply cannot be arsed replaying the game to full completion again like that. 

Does Techland even have a QA team? Genuinely feels like co-op was just blindly pushed to production

• Like 1

Well I’ve looked everywhere and it seems I got one of more worse glitched trophies. Just spent the last hour and a half finding all 63 audio files and the trophy didn’t pop. Forgot to remove auto sync so I can’t go back to my cloud save. I really really really do no want to have to do another entire playthrough just to find all 63 again. Considering I haven’t seen anything regarding this trophy glitching I doubt it’s getting fixed anytime soon. 

Well my save is messed up too, as I can't finish the quest "quizz : person of interests" (the 4th answer doesn't work, it's a known bug if we assignated the area to survivors instead of peacekeepers)

Tried to join many sessions of random players to do this quest but they never had it or already did or didn't want to teleport on the NPC to do it... sigh it's my only one audio tape remaining..

Considering Dead Island, Dead Island RipTide and Dying Light all released as buggy messes, every TechLand game is like this. You should have all waited...

I was however very happy to play Dying Light recently for the first time buying the Gold Edition 5 years after the game's release. You know. when the game is completely finished and all the content finished and no buggy trophies. Had an awesome experience with the game.

Buying Day 1 though, you're just helping beta-test the game, and you're paying the price (and I mean that quire literally since you paid full price on Day 1)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Considering Dead Island, Dead Island RipTide and Dying Light all released as buggy messes, every TechLand game is like this. You should have all waited...

I was however very happy to play Dying Light recently for the first time buying the Gold Edition 5 years after the game's release. You know. when the game is completely finished and all the content finished and no buggy trophies. Had an awesome experience with the game.

Buying Day 1 though, you're just helping beta-test the game, and you're paying the price (and I mean that quire literally since you paid full price on Day 1)

I had a great experience with DL1 without any game-breaking bugs and I also bought it at launch, and same for everyone else I played it with back then. There was no reason to assume this game will be a buggy mess. It was literally delayed for almost 2 years as its initial release date was Spring 2020, so it's not like anyone had any reason to consider it to be rushed.

As for whether paying the full-price is worth it, to each their own with their money. I bought the physical copy and will be selling it for only a €10 loss after I pop the plat this weekend, so even DL1 the following edition is not less than that 5 years later ?

My whole game advancement rollbacked while I was trying to join random sessions to get the last missing audio file.

I'm back to the VNC tower quest, with almost every sub quests to redo (ofc not the only one I needed)

Glad I finished the game before it happened... gosh it's awefull lol.

Ultramarathon and One audio file left to get the platinum but it's a pain at this point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

My whole game advancement rollbacked while I was trying to join random sessions to get the last missing audio file.

I'm back to the VNC tower quest, with almost every sub quests to redo (ofc not the only one I needed)

Glad I finished the game before it happened... gosh it's awefull lol.

Ultramarathon and One audio file left to get the platinum but it's a pain at this point.

Literally the exact same thing happened to me while collecting my last memento. Full playthrough got rollbacked to Broadcast mission with pretty much no side quests completed, Facilities jumbled up between two different factions even though my playthrough was PK only, and not all of them are even activated anymore. Right now I can't get the enter the bazaar trophy to pop, done it in multiple session and even started a new save file for it. Don't think I've ever played a buggier game which is a shame because it was actually fun when it worked

• Like 1

curious when update 1.06 hits consoles to fix death loop bug. Which, funny enough i got after update 1.05.

On 17/02/2022 at 6:26 AM, enaysoft said:

Some people like to play day 1 because if they don't play a game at release they probably never will. Hence backlogs. I am one. Now i do have more money than most so i really dont care if i pay 50, 70, 100, for a game on launch. If i want it, im going to buy it.

I didn't finish DL2 in time and ran into a bug, but im now playing Forbidden West and soon Cyberpunk and Elden Ring and a plethora of other games. So if i do go back to DL2 itll have some updates and ill rush the story and be done with it. To each their own.

I do agree techland has always released buggy games but if you think Dead Island 1, Dying Light 1 have no bugs now you're mistaken. 

Multiplayer seems to be what causes most of the bigger issues. I played 99.9% of the game solo/offline and never ran into any issues. The second I go online to get the co-op trophies, I immediately get the audio glitch where everything becomes muted and you can't hear anything. Left the lobby and went back to my own game and it stayed like that. After jumping into a few other games, it fixed itself luckily. As soon as I got the 100 kill trophy with 2 other players, I got the hell back offline. I thought about just jumping into other peoples games to get the missable collectibles I missed but I ain't about to risk messing up my 50+ hour save file when I don't have to. 

I'm on my 2nd playthrough now going for all the collectibles and it's smooth sailing. Even this far along, I'm still really enjoying the game and I'm not minding playing it a 2nd time. Despite the major issues some people are reporting, the game is really fun and you can't take that away from it. 

• Like 1

I'v been really lucky with bugs on my play-through.

nothing too big until i got to a side mission where you need to retrieve a woman's letters from her dead boyfriend. they were in a safe in a building and when i opened the wrong one i fell through the floor of the skyscraper to the ground, luckily i had upgraded my health so much i survived.

Another is in the last boss fight, i think its the last round - he jumped onto a platform to start throwing boulders at me and fell into it so i cant hurt him and he keeps spamming the throwing. 

It might have been just a one time glitch as i haven't went back to it since

- went back to complete the last fight and he’s still stuck in the platform, so can’t hurt him. I guess I’ll need to start the game again

Edited by t00thless-2ombe
Went back again

Windmills. GRE Anomaly. Metro. Municipal. ALL BUGGED. Do not get the trophy for completing the last one.

Quiz answer 4 bugged.

Dude in the bar never shows up.

Had to coop for the Fish Eye story mission and I think everything fucked up from there. Even got stuck in a deathloop but was able to restore a could backup.