Your favourite collection of games - by Platinum Rarity!

DrBloodmoney

Favourite personal collection of platinumed games!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which "rarity level" of your own platinumed games do you think contains your favourite collection?

So if I were to be stranded to some nightmarish wasteland (also known as the Romanian Countryside)...

....hmmm, sorting.... searching for all Souls, Nioh, Salt&Sanctuary games....

Huh, I would fall in the Rare category for kinda all of them. Exception being Bloodborne which has an Uncommon completion rate. Oh well, I can discard it, no mercy.

Damn y'all, stop platinuming these games ?? but yeah, best games I ever played are in the 10%-20% completion rarity as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

So if I were to be stranded to some nightmarish wasteland (also known as the Romanian Countryside)...

....hmmm, sorting.... searching for all Souls, Nioh, Salt&Sanctuary games....

Huh, I would fall in the Rare category for kinda all of them. Exception being Bloodborne which has an Uncommon completion rate. Oh well, I can discard it, no mercy.

Damn y'all, stop platinuming these games 1f602.png1f602.png but yeah, best games I ever played are in the 10%-20% completion rarity as well.

Haha - not gonna lie - the Souls games and S&S had a big influence on my decision too - though Hitman 3, The Witness and Outer Wilds, along with the Bioshock games and some of the Supergiant games didn't hurt either! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Definitely Ultra Rare... Don't even need to sort anything 1f602.png just from the top of my head 

In your case that makes total sense - after all, you have almost double the total number of games in that category than any other individual one ??

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Great idea for a topic! I went Ultra Rare as it has to be a killer game for me to bother at that tier. I mean looking at my own list of Ultra Rares:

Metal Gear Solid 2, GTA V and GTA IV I think are undoubtedly some of the best games ever made.

I’m a huge fan of 2D fighters and there’s KOF XIII (the last great SNK game?), I also came late to Street Fighter V so I didn’t experience the launch complaints and think super-highly of that game.

PAC-MAN Championship Edition 2 and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD are two of my favourite platinums in terms of balancing fun and challenge.

Then NBA 2K21 was my first NBA game since NBA Showtime on Dreamcast, I think I sunk 800+ hours into 2K21 and it never felt like a grind, half of that wasn’t even working towards trophies.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 3

I've chosen very rare. 

I feel like Ultra rare is a rarity I see often on games with big mp's or grinds. I do realize that some games that are just straight up hard are in ultra rare category too. But its a minority from what I've seen. 

Very rare and rare are a bit in the same boat for me. For all of these plats I put in the extra effort to achieve them. They are mostly good games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I've chosen very rare. 

I feel like Ultra rare is a rarity I see often on games with big mp's or grinds. I do realize that some games that are just straight up hard are in ultra rare category too. But its a minority from what I've seen. 

Very rare and rare are a bit in the same boat for me. For all of these plats I put in the extra effort to achieve them. They are mostly good games. 

I know what you mean - it's interesting when you look at them all together as groups isn't it?

I was sure mine would end up being Common/ Uncommon actually - given that I love a narrative games, adventure games and puzzle games, which are usually pretty common, since guide use can easily trivialise them - or UR, since I only tend to stick with a really tough game if I genuinely love it, but seeing them all in big groups, it ended up being the Rare group that really stood out to me! :dunno:

• Like 1

On balance, looking at my list, it would be Ultra Rare, I enjoy a GOOD game that requires some dedication.

Enjoyed the SSFIV trials (not the online shite) and really enjoyed soloing the DLC on Uncharted 4 just over a year ago. Another game I really enjoyed that took me a month to do was soloing the 10 bosses on Survival Mode in Remnant from the Ashes but that trophy is Very Rare. My favourite game in the past 11 years is still Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, superb.

There are very few Ultra Rare plats I have I didn't enjoy except for those with horrible long winded online requirements like RDR, UC2, UC3 and GTAV.

• Like 1

As much as I loved Driveclub, MXGP (PS3) & Real Farm (PS4), both being Ultra Rare, I'm gonna have to go with a mix of Very Rare or Rare, especially when I have Grid 2019, Cozy Grove, Bravo Team (Very Rare), LA Noire VR, Werewolf Earthblood and Until Dawn in Rare.

Although to some extent, it seems I value the games themselves over what actual rarity level they are, I guess I'm sentimental with some games xD 

• Like 3

I definitely didn't expect the competition between Rare and Very Rare to be this cutthroat! Both lists have Persona, Ys, Nier, Darksiders, Supergiant games; Rare has Returnal, Phoenotopia, Psychonauts, Yomawari, and Gravity Rush; Very Rare has Monster Hunter, most of the Tales games, and Transistor. Ultimately I think Rare wins out just by having twice as many games (and the Souls games) [and Knack 2 baby].

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xylobe said:

I definitely didn't expect the competition between Rare and Very Rare to be this cutthroat! Both lists have Persona, Ys, Nier, Darksiders, Supergiant games; Rare has Returnal, Phoenotopia, Psychonauts, Yomawari, and Gravity Rush; Very Rare has Monster Hunter, most of the Tales games, and Transistor. Ultimately I think Rare wins out just by having twice as many games (and the Souls games) [and Knack 2 baby].

It's weird to see Transistor being so much rarer than Pyre or Bastion, right?

I can't quite work that one out - they seemed about the same difficulty to me, and I thought Transistor was the strongest (of a very strong bunch!)

Going to have to go with my Very Rare collection. Final Fantasy X and most of my Dragon Age games are in that rarity range. Rare would be second place with Skyrim, Mass Effect, and Dead Space. Would need to shift the percentage range to like 8-16% I think to really encapsulate the ones I most enjoyed. 

Nice thread idea DrBloodMoney.

• Like 1

I’ll have to go with @blazkowicz6 and say ultra rare.

Even though I was overall pretty lucky in the games I picked and have platinumed real gems in almost all categories (Nioh 2 is uncommon and I just can’t get enough of this game), most of my favourite ones are either ultra or very rare, be they games with insane replay value [pretty important if you’re stuck on a desert island (with electricity)], like XCOM EU & 2Invisible, Inc., Divinity Original Sin or Stellaris, or action or story driven games like Alpha Protocol, RDR 1 & 2, GTA 4 & 5, TLoU, Wet, Dead Nation, Torment Tides of Numenera, Wasteland 2, etc.

Out of 33 UR :platinum:, I actually only regret playing Predator Hunting Grounds (saved only by a great team that made the experience less painful), and found Lords of the Fallen or Natural Doctrine only so so.

• Like 4

On 2/8/2022 at 8:10 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

It's weird to see Transistor being so much rarer than Pyre or Bastion, right?

I can't quite work that one out - they seemed about the same difficulty to me, and I thought Transistor was the strongest (of a very strong bunch!)

Transistor was a PS+ game once upon a time no? I'd assume that had something to do with it. Pyre and Bastion would make great PS+ games but I'm sure people would whine if they got those as they aren't AAA...

I voted Rare for the poll myself. MGS3, Bioshock games, a few Resident Evil games, multiple souls games , all the the mainline Uncharted games for PS4 , the metro games and many Hitman games fall in this category.

• Like 2