A spiritual successor to Ni No Kuni is more likely, since I find it hard to make a sequel to Ni No Kuni ending

This.  The ending was perfect, why ruin it? I think they should just make a game with the same kind of system or just leave the series like it is.  PS3 version of the game is kind of a sequel if you think about it since the DS one didn't have that last part of the game.. or at least I didn't think it did.

• Like 1

This.  The ending was perfect, why ruin it? I think they should just make a game with the same kind of system or just leave the series like it is.  PS3 version of the game is kind of a sequel if you think about it since the DS one didn't have that last part of the game.. or at least I didn't think it did.

I was also more thinking a game similar to it :) Same universe and stuff, but different story :D that would be awesome!

While I would love to see more of Ni no Kuni, I absolutely agree with all mentioned reasons.

1) It ended. Ending was perfect, adding something more would only make the series MMC (Money Milk Cow) because it would have to make new uber enemy and no one wants that =)

2) Ghibli won't be the same without Miyazaki and NI no Kuni also wouldn't be the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Miyazaki retired so if there is it will be without him. Since he was the best part of the game I hope they let the series die.

While I would love to see more of Ni no Kuni, I absolutely agree with all mentioned reasons.

1) It ended. Ending was perfect, adding something more would only make the series MMC (Money Milk Cow) because it would have to make new uber enemy and no one wants that =)

2) Ghibli won't be the same without Miyazaki and NI no Kuni also wouldn't be the same.

Miyazaki actually had almost nothing to do with Ni No Kuni. Studio Ghibli just assigned the work to a separate team. He may have given them some advice as they worked on it, but Toshio Suzuki seemed to have a much bigger part in its development than Miyazaki, which is unsurprising since he has said that he doesn't particularly like video games.

Also, this will be Miyazaki's third time "retiring" so I wouldn't expect him to be gone from Studio Ghibli forever. He can never really stay away :)

Edited by rsoto1125

• 5 months later...

I'd see the spiritual successor idea more likely than a direct sequel,

because it wouldn't make sense based on how the game ended. Honestly, I thought the white witch ending was even a little out of place myself. It worked, but it just seemed odd and they should have just used the time to add more side content.

If we do see this, probably will be a long time from now. A good 3-5 years.