Had to stop playing.

Had to stop playing for the time being, the game has a bug that makes it go silent at random points besides the music so i can't hear people talk and even though i have subtitles on the minute i read the first word the subtitles immediately disappear so i can't even read what people are saying, i've had 2 cutscenes ruined for me in game because of this.

As much as i enjoy running around exploring and completing sidequests and having fun when the game works i'm not going to play until this gets fixed otherwise there's no point in me moving on in the story

• Like 2

Never understand how they ask full price for half broken games that we have to basically beta test for them so they can fix them with future patches. This is why i never buy games day one hope its fixed soon for you guys. i will be buying it myself once i see less broken gameplay comments/Threads.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ampki said:

Never understand how they ask full price for half broken games that we have to basically beta test for them so they can fix them with future patches. This is why i never buy games day one hope its fixed soon for you guys. i will be buying it myself once i see less broken gameplay comments/Threads.

They tested it before. Hence the day one patch

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 0:19 AM, mountain_1994 said:

he game has a bug that makes it go silent at random points besides the music so i can't hear people talk and even though i have subtitles on the minute i read the first word the subtitles immediately disappear so i can't even read what people are saying, i've had 2 cutscenes ruined for me in game because of this.

I have often the problem that the mission objectives won't update and i have to quit game and reload. other than that its ok so far...

On 2/10/2022 at 4:29 AM, Ampki said:

Because ppl contine to pre-order n buy games day 1 which ensures they will get paid immediately n effectively letting devs/publishers know that no matter how bad the game is they will make a profit out of the gate. They then go on to pat gamers back gently on Twitter with post like "we r aware of players experiencing problems with (fill in bug/glitch). Our team is hard at work getting this fixed. Because they word it so politely every1 in the comment is section is all appreciative n thankful to the devs for their hard work n assuring them its ok n take their time...WHAT?!!! U had plenty of time, yrs in fact to test your game n fix these problems before it hit the stores. Now I the consumer am supposed to be "thankful" because u guys r now actually finishing ur job? It's beyond ridiculous n has been for yrs. Gamers have been conditioned to accept these half assed games on release n play through all of the bugs n glitches or stripped content until everything is fixed n or more content is added to a game u already paid full price for. I'm not unreasonable, I understand that a game is software n software can be unpredictable at times. Yes there will be some bugs that slip through the cracks b4 a game is launched but nothing to the extent that is the current situation with AAA games. These devs know they r shipping a broken product but they continue to do it n get away with it because we the gamers allow it. 

My apologies for the rant but the AAA gaming industry is disgusting. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

Because ppl contine to pre-order n buy games day 1 which ensures they will get paid immediately n effectively letting devs/publishers know that no matter how bad the game is they will make a profit out of the gate. They then go on to pat gamers back gently on Twitter with post like "we r aware of players experiencing problems with (fill in bug/glitch). Our team is hard at work getting this fixed. Because they word it so politely every1 in the comment is section is all appreciative n thankful to the devs for their hard work n assuring them its ok n take their time...WHAT?!!! U had plenty of time, yrs in fact to test your game n fix these problems before it hit the stores. Now I the consumer am supposed to be "thankful" because u guys r now actually finishing ur job? It's beyond ridiculous n has been for yrs. Gamers have been conditioned to accept these half assed games on release n play through all of the bugs n glitches or stripped content until everything is fixed n or more content is added to a game u already paid full price for. I'm not unreasonable, I understand that a game is software n software can be unpredictable at times. Yes there will be some bugs that slip through the cracks b4 a game is launched but nothing to the extent that is the current situation with AAA games. These devs know they r shipping a broken product but they continue to do it n get away with it because we the gamers allow it. 

Not exactly a AAA studio though are they?

I get that games should come out in a decent shape, for me this game most defiantly has. Nothing major for me, who’s to say most of their play testers had a good experience so how was they to know some of the issues. 

Developers are under pressure from fans and their own directors to get games out faster for profit, or you know there was a pandemic which didn’t help or the fact they are just people who oh my can make mistakes. The fact games are progressing so far and so fast as they get bigger and better graphically which will increase possible issues. 

it’s not a perfect release but it’s getting way more hate than it deserves. It’s not cyberpunk, it’s not Battlefield 2042 or a yearly repolish FIFA or COD. Gamers moaning at every little detail is getting pretty boring now, if you don’t like the state of the game on release then don’t pre order. Don’t moan about it. Just shut up and let them fix their issues and then get it later on if you must. Atleast they are acknowledging the issues and addressing them, including trophies which is rare for devs these days 

I gather all the people moaning have never made mistakes or cut corners in their own jobs to meet demands 

• Like 3

Issue regarding sound, mission progress (no reward, doors and characters with objective markers without being able to open or talk to, missing people and other random bugs) usually works after calling for help in the options menu. It happens every 20 minutes or so for me, I reported it to techland, but it’s insane to release the game in this state. The issue for me was just online connectivity, but then they patched the game a few days later with these bugs added. 0 time spent testing on ps4.

I do love the game so far though, it’s nothing like cyberpunk, that game was buggy in every way, this game is unplayable for me because of 1 huge bug (not being able to follow the story at all). The rest of the game seems good, but this one bug is worse than all of the bugs in cyberpunk combined. Hopefully this can be fixed easy since there’s not that many other gamebreaking bugs.

Edited by morsmelk
For fun

1 hour ago, MsVelvet said:

Because the games are bigger and more complex than ever before. To have the expectation that a massive game such as this should be perfect out of the gate and not have a single issue is unrealistic. Even the 'best' developers have had big issues with their games early on. This is why so many games have issues early on, developers are pushing the tech and resources as far as it can go because that's what consumers crave today. You want the best of the best and nothing but perfection. Even games of the past have issues. Super Mario 64 has tons of glitches in it but it's still considered one of the best games of all time. A very different society back then though, more open-minded, more accepting. Not like today where we have all this great tech and entertainment and people are doing nothing but whining and moaning about it. The bar always gets set higher and higher. 

And I'm not saying there aren't games that had bad releases and they shouldn't have been released in that state (Cyberpunk for example) but to act like it's some epidemic and there's so many games being released in a poor state like Cyberpunk is simply untrue and completely exaggerated. Dying Light 2 is not even remotely in the same ballpark as a game like Cyberpunk was. People are having issues with it, yes, but the vast majority aren't. People are more inclined to voice their negative experiences rather the positive ones. Negative voices also tend to speak the loudest and drown out any positives anyway. It's got mixed reviews but that's not generally because people ran into bugs/glitches, it's because they simply didn't like the game as has been the reception for every Techland release. Their games aren't for everybody but the game is not broken for most people that are playing it. The forums for this game on this site are incredibly negative leaning and aren't an accurate representation of how most people are experiencing the game. Mostly because there's glitched trophies and because this is a trophy hunting website, it's considered a big deal. The average person playing this game wouldn't care so much about that or make it such a big deal like it is being made to here. 

And just from my personal experience with not only this game but many others that the internet has pegged as 'broken' and 'unplayable', I've ended up personally playing them and had no issues with them. I'm like 30 hours in or so to Dying Light 2 and I haven't run into a single major bug or glitch, the game runs actually pretty good from my experience. My R3 sense doesn't work for a few seconds sometimes and the screen flickers a little bit during cutscenes seldomly, so what? Big deal. Hardly anything that 'breaks' the game. I thought I had a glitched trophy (because I listened to the internet) but it turns out it wasn't glitched at all, go figure, the internet was wrong. I think the internet in general tends to greatly exaggerate things especially when it comes to promotion of negativity. 

If you consider this me making excuses for it and I'm somehow a lesser gamer than you because my standards aren't so astronomically high in this instant gratification society we live in now and that makes me and people like me the problem, then so be it. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 3

I’ve also experienced this bug. Really takes the urgency from the game and quests when you have no clue what you’re doing or why and then it throws a choice and you don’t gen know which is good or bad.

I’ve shelved the game u by il they fix the audio bug, it’s unacceptable. For all its issues even Cyberpunk didn’t have a bug this bad that can ruin the entire story. Unacceptable. Techland should be ashamed of themselves and should be making the season pass/future DLC all free after this farce of a launch.

2 hours ago, MsVelvet said:

They want us to do their job without giving us a salary.

Edited by Antonius87
  • Like 1

And the reason why I haven't bought a single game on release date in years and why I'm just waiting for a "complete" version of the game a year later on sale.

If you expect a bug-free game, and in particular an bug free open world game... these days..

I mean, come on... either you haven't been watching any game news in the past 5 years or you are just naive.

And it's only going to get worse because people are stupid enough to just keep buying everything on release day and giving the devs full money.

And I would bet that most people that complain about the bugs in Dying Light 2, have also been complaining about bugs in other open world games... yet, they keep on doing the same thing themselves.

And why would a company change anything if they get full money for it every single time?
(I am saying Company because the actual developers want the product to be finished, companies/investors behind it just want the $$$ a.s.a.p)

Now, I'm not saying that it's good or right that there are so many bugs these days, hell no.

I'm from the PS1 generation where you got a full product on disk... No pulled content for DLC later on, no cosmetics, no patches because they shipped it when it was ready)

But the only way things will change is when the companies feel it in their wallet.

So stop buying games on release dates and wait for the actual full product.

Otherwise, stop complaining because it's your own fault.

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

This is probably the last game I’ll ever buy day one. I’ll hold off on any new games in the future unless they are from a competent and reliable developer. Will probably buy Elden Ring day one simply because FromSoft can be “trusted”. 

Still haven’t bought Deathloop, Far Cry 6 or Life is Strange. Kinda proud of that. It’s a step in the right direction and I can get the game a fair bit cheaper ???

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

This is probably the last game I’ll ever buy day one. I’ll hold off on any new games in the future unless they are from a competent and reliable developer. Will probably buy Elden Ring day one simply because FromSoft can be “trusted”. 

Still haven’t bought Deathloop, Far Cry 6 or Life is Strange. Kinda proud of that. It’s a step in the right direction and I can get the game a fair bit cheaper 1f600.png1f44d-1f3fb.png

Games usually go on sale within the 1st month or 2 after release so waiting b4 purchase is a huge advantage for the consumer for several reasons. Good on u?

• Like 1

Funny how I see people say “it’s not cyberpunk or BF2042”…. 

I WAS ABLE TO PLAY CYBERPUNK. Guess those people aren’t stuck in an endless death loop that there’s no way to escape from. I literally can’t play the fucking game. 55 hours in. 

Stop justifying this game. It’s broken

Same Quink666, why I haven’t learned by now from the last few months of releases. This is the new trend that isn’t going away. What’s sad is I’m considering waiting on elden ring now. I was SO pumped for that game, but I can’t help but be a little skeptic that it may be the next casualty.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

I WAS ABLE TO PLAY CYBERPUNK. Guess those people aren’t stuck in an endless death loop that there’s no way to escape from. I literally can’t play the fucking game. 55 hours in. 

Same Quink666, why I haven’t learned by now from the last few months of releases. This is the new trend that isn’t going away. What’s sad is I’m considering waiting on elden ring now. I was SO pumped for that game, but I can’t help but be a little skeptic that it may be the next casualty.

It's broken FOR YOU and you have a right to be upset but the reality is and the point I'm making is the vast majority of people aren't having issues at all and are having a positive experience while a game like Cyberpunk had widespread issues that affected essentially everybody who played it. THAT game was actually broken and had a wide array of game-breaking bugs and glitches that affected most people who played it, there's a big difference there. It's not 'justifying', it's called being reasonable and rational which you're not right now because you're one of the few dozen people that had a truly game-breaking bug and you're angry about it and that is justifiable. But the reality is you're having an issue that practically all other players aren't having. 

They just released a new patch for it, have you tried it yet and see if it fixes anything? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

It’s not broken though, I paid for the ultimate edition and it works perfectly for me. Money well spent in my eyes. 

I get you’re pissed with your experience but don’t slam the game for it, these glitches are rare compared to fully working games. The way you lot slam games defiantly goes too far lol 

Log your complaint, wait for a response/fix and get over it

i loved Cyperpunk by the way, but waited ages for the updates. Didn’t affect my life a single damn bit having the disc sitting there waiting. The backlash from the game nearly ruined CD project, yet the same moaning fools would of cried if they went bust due to it and couldn’t release more Witcher, just an example 

• Like 2