The Digging Minigame, 100% and Sphere Break Coins

bikeman223

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find a recent answer. I’m going for 100% in X-2 but I want to get 6 wins (out of the 10 required for a trophy) in Sphere Break before the tournament and I need more coins. I understand if you get more then 50 successful digs you void 100% completion in a later episode. My question is, could I farm coins for a bit making sure not to touch the yellow X and be alright 100%-wise? Failing the digging mini-game too many times doesn’t have any negative repercussions besides your digging rank, right?

• 1 year later...

Yes, you can fail the digging mini game multiple times w/o affecting 100%. As for the 50 successful digs, that's not true. It's related to how powerful the robot gets. You need to fight the robot once in chapter 5 before it reaches level 5 in each category. Once the robot reaches level 5 in each category which happens when it has 38 points worth of parts for each category (A = 1, S = 3, Z = 5), then you can potentially screw yourself out of 100% if your first fight with the robot is a maxed out robot. Some successful digs will get you scrap metal which doesn't affect the robot's power at all. So it's pure RNG as far as how many successful digs it takes you to fully power the robot.