Do you think SE will release an ultimate trophy in 6.1?

MakoSOLIDER

Dragonsong Ultimate  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will SE add a Dragonsong Ultimate trophy and how would you feel if they did?

• Nah, that's a step too far.
    • Doubt it but I'd go for it
    • Yes, A test of our reflexes!
    • Yes...I'm never getting the trophy

Just now, ChowderlyDude said:

no ultimate please i dont want to waste more time on stuff in this game that becomes obsolete with patches. 

Ironically ultimate is probably the one content that never becomes obsolete with patches because you can't unsync it. Luckily it seems we're in the clear anyway. 

• Like 2

They can't just add gold trophies without sacrifices. Even though amount of trophies per-title has expanded, each DLC group limited in amount of trophy points that can be allocated.

Either way, adding Endsinger Extreme is fine. Still would have liked ultimate but goes to show they are becoming creative and spreading out achievements they want people to do. Might be out of the woods for now, but that doesn't mean forever if they keep switching things up like this.

The "0/5" is likely Ameliance's custom deliveries or the Arkasodra tribal quests max status that get added in 6.15.

4 hours ago, technole said:

They can't just add gold trophies without sacrifices. Even though amount of trophies per-title has expanded, each DLC group limited in amount of trophy points that can be allocated.

Either way, adding Endsinger Extreme is fine. Still would have liked ultimate but goes to show they are becoming creative and spreading out achievements they want people to do. Might be out of the woods for now, but that doesn't mean forever if they keep switching things up like this.

The "0/5" is likely Ameliance's custom deliveries or the Arkasodra tribal quests max status that get added in 6.15.

Could be the new Hildibrand questline too.

I'm not surprised there's no ultimate trophy, but I am surprised there is no PvP trophy. They revamped the whole system again. I was really expecting something grindy like kill 1,000 players in PvP matches, win 100 matches etc.

That unreleased trophy is most likely the custom delivers as they all have 5 tiers (will take several months to max).

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not surprised there's no ultimate trophy, but I am surprised there is no PvP trophy. They revamped the whole system again. I was really expecting something grindy like kill 1,000 players in PvP matches, win 100 matches etc.

That unreleased trophy is most likely the custom delivers as they all have 5 tiers (will take several months to max).

My understanding based on my experience with the prior custom deliveries is that it only takes 4 weeks to max them. A few months to get the title though.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

My understanding based on my experience with the prior custom deliveries is that it only takes 4 weeks to max them. A few months to get the title though.

Yeah, it is much quicker to max them, which may be the trophy, but there are 5 tiers to the in-game achievement it takes 150 delivers (6 per week, so that's 25 weeks). It could be for just maxing them out as I think there are 5 levels for friendship as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I spent the first two hours of the patch just dueling in Wolves Den with my static lol, also did a couple of Crystalline Conflict matches. The revamp is incredibly fun. It shows that the dev team is not creatively bankrupt in the job design department but for some reason the PVE job design has been on a trend of homogenization and simplicity. I do get that the revamped PVP job designs would make balancing a nightmare. I guess that's the price we pay for a  well balanced PVE game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yeah, it is much quicker to max them, which may be the trophy, but there are 5 tiers to the in-game achievement it takes 150 delivers (6 per week, so that's 25 weeks). It could be for just maxing them out as I think there are 5 levels for friendship as well.

It'll probably be the five satisfaction levels since that's been consistent. Otherwise they would have put 0/150 since the title achievement is tied to amount of deliveries.

• Like 2

Bit disappointed there’s no ulti trophy. But with this creativity I have hopes for the L80 savage blu once its updated in prob 6.3. 

very glad there’s no pvp though, CC is awful and an unbalanced mess and ranking up is a nightmare with the average player ignoring the Crystal and tunnelling 5 players on their own

13 hours ago, Thaerick said:

Bit disappointed there’s no ulti trophy. But with this creativity I have hopes for the L80 savage blu once its updated in prob 6.3. 

very glad there’s no pvp though, CC is awful and an unbalanced mess and ranking up is a nightmare with the average player ignoring the Crystal and tunnelling 5 players on their own

I hope what they do for BLU is just have you learn all spells or complete the carvinal because there's not even enough who are interested in doing that content, I'm on ERC for statics and groups, and not once in recent times have I ever seen BLU statics being created for the morbol mount/titles.

I wouldn't mind something deep dungeon related since we're getting another of those and that may actually encourage me to play that content more.

On 4/12/2022 at 0:33 AM, technole said:

And yet ESO has 25 DLC add ons with an average of 159 points between them. They can afford to slap in a gold every now and then

Edited by FireMage777
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

I can't seem to find any of the in-game achievements for maxing the prior custom delivery people. Am I missing something? Where would they be located? I checked the collectables section of the Achievement menu.

It's in Character tab  > General for the achievements. That's usually where these types of achievements are located. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

And yet ESO has 25 DLC add ons with an average of 159 points between them. They can afford to slap in a gold every now and then

That's not how it works.

Sony gives different additional points between paid and free DLC. In FFXIV's case they spent a majority of the paid expansion points allotment on the expansion (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc) releases. Now they are left with free DLC patches of 45 points each until 7.0.

What ESO did was basically hoard up points between paid expansions and free DLC for less trophies, so they spent the capital on the golds every now and then. That's not what SE is going for in this list, in-game there are thousands of FFXIV achievements, and they obviously went with quantity.

On 4/14/2022 at 0:11 PM, technole said:

That's not how it works.

Sony gives different additional points between paid and free DLC. In FFXIV's case they spent a majority of the paid expansion points allotment on the expansion (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc) releases. Now they are left with free DLC patches of 45 points each until 7.0.

What ESO did was basically hoard up points between paid expansions and free DLC for less trophies, so they spent the capital on the golds every now and then. That's not what SE is going for in this list, in-game there are thousands of FFXIV achievements, and they obviously went with quantity.

The math for claiming this is way off. The lowest ESO DLC packs are 120 points, of which there is several, 6.1 is only 75 points They could easily make a gold for a Savage or Ultimate. Trying to say there's no room for points is flat out wrong when comparing to ESO. Also source for your claim that main patches only get 45 points each til 7.0?

1 hour ago, FireMage777 said:

The math for claiming this is way off. The lowest ESO DLC packs are 120 points, of which there is several, 6.1 is only 75 points They could easily make a gold for a Savage or Ultimate. Trying to say there's no room for points is flat out wrong when comparing to ESO. Also source for your claim that main patches only get 45 points each til 7.0?

It's not an apples to apples comparison. PSO is F2P, requires PS Plus, and they gave away I believe just two free and ever since then everything is paid since they reverted to F2P. Like unless you have ESO Plus, every small scale DLC can be paid for with crown currency. The icing is Sony gets a cut of every sub, or if you want to buy crown currency, because is has to be paid via PS Store. They aren't always cut and dry and absolute with trophies but there is the general scale of DLC, and how much is being paid for it component. So they technically count them as paid smaller scale, vs free smaller scale.

4 hours ago, technole said:

It's not an apples to apples comparison. PSO is F2P, requires PS Plus, and they gave away I believe just two free and ever since then everything is paid since they reverted to F2P. Like unless you have ESO Plus, every small scale DLC can be paid for with crown currency. The icing is Sony gets a cut of every sub, or if you want to buy crown currency, because is has to be paid via PS Store. They aren't always cut and dry and absolute with trophies but there is the general scale of DLC, and how much is being paid for it component. So they technically count them as paid smaller scale, vs free smaller scale.

ESO is not F2P. You also gave no source on your claim that from here on XIV can only have 45 points per patch or anything detailing why ESO is allowed a bigger trophy point allotment. Either you're parroting someone or making things up

2 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

ESO is not F2P. You also gave no source on your claim that from here on XIV can only have 45 points per patch or anything detailing why ESO is allowed a bigger trophy point allotment. Either you're parroting someone or making things up

$5.99 on PS Store or Free on PSNow for up to Marrowwind, and you don't have to pay a sub is F2P model. Access to DLC costs currency or with ESO Plus. I don't owe you any explanation.