Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

8 hours ago, JABBERWALKY- said:

I'm even trying it through remote play with a Backbone and its still pausing on me.  wtf.  Not sure what to do.  Above someone mentioned another controller; well the backbone is another controller and its still pausing.  not sure what to do at this point.  fuck this trophy

Join someone who doesnt have this issue.

Klarzy couldnt rubberband in his session so he had to join mine to farm. I dont remember exactly why but at the end of the day, he got the trophy that way.

6 hours ago, TSTO said:

Yeah this is an atrocious amount of travel distance required. 960km is ridiculous. I get that they probably didn't want people to earn the platinum quickly but this honestly makes no sense. Trophies should not require a player to continue playing for tens or hundreds of hours beyond completing all the activities available in the game. I literally have nothing else to do but fly around on this stupid thing. I used all my inhibitors after getting the health and stamina trophies out of the way and now i got 24 stamina and 18 health and even with a maxed out endurance booster it really runs out quicker than i'd like (stamina). I was hoping to get this done before Horizon FW comes this Friday but if I don't I may have to hold off on this until the DLC comes or something. It's just a cruel joke.

I was thinking if the broom glitch works, the hooverboard might work as well. When your stamina is depleted while on water, it still keeps going. But not sure it’s working, no trophy so far.

2 hours ago, zBode_ said:

I was thinking if the broom glitch works, the hooverboard might work as well. When your stamina is depleted while on water, it still keeps going. But not sure it’s working, no trophy so far.

Not sure if thats been patched now and also not sure (unless its been confirmed) that air travel/parkour is counted? I know this sounds ridiculous, given its the games main mechanic, but more a case of if its based on travel by foot on the ground??

It'll be my last trophy I reckon for sure.

11 hours ago, TSTO said:

Yeah this is an atrocious amount of travel distance required. 960km is ridiculous. I get that they probably didn't want people to earn the platinum quickly but this honestly makes no sense. Trophies should not require a player to continue playing for tens or hundreds of hours beyond completing all the activities available in the game. I literally have nothing else to do but fly around on this stupid thing. I used all my inhibitors after getting the health and stamina trophies out of the way and now i got 24 stamina and 18 health and even with a maxed out endurance booster it really runs out quicker than i'd like (stamina). I was hoping to get this done before Horizon FW comes this Friday but if I don't I may have to hold off on this until the DLC comes or something. It's just a cruel joke.

It's more than likely a complete misjudgment of the distance players will cover in the game. I'm assuming they counted in the paraglider and that completely blew the estimation out of the water. Additionally maybe there was different method of travel (bike?)/paraglider worked different and something got scrapped or changed but the trophy never got adjusted. Dirt 5 had a trophy to drive 10,000 miles. At the end of career mode, you have 450 miles. Even if you later on did all the DLC and career mode you're still only at something like 800 miles. They patched the trophy to be 1,000 miles then.

Who knows, maybe once the general player base realizes the scope of this trophy it will also get nerfed although I won't be waiting for that so I'll be stealing my gf's hair ties for the trophy lol

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Oops. Just checked my console and turns out I got this trophy and Platinum nearly three hours ago at 11:29! 1f605.png

Not much help but looking at my save data time, it's at: 129 hours, 52 minutes, 37 seconds.

Then of course take off a near three hours, so it took about 126 hours overall apparently.

Lucky you, my playtime is 132h but no trophy?. Maybe i'm close to earn the trophy?

• Like 1

Try doing it all in one session. A friend left his system on for 31hr straight and got the trophy.  The ones that are having a hard time getting it, try this method if you haven’t already.  Also using the broom does work, there has been confirmation from true achievements that it works.

23 minutes ago, DanielMcGiveron said:

Can anyone on here confirm that the broom glitch worked for them? been doing it for about 4 hours now and I am starting to lose the will to live1f605.png

It does, it just takes much longer than 4 hours still. Considering the rubberband method takes a minimum 30 hours and you don't move that much faster with the broom, you probably have quite a ways to go still unfortunately. 

The least they could've done is give us actual progress tracking on this dumb overinflated trophy. Knowing how far/close we are to reaching this ungodly requirement of 960km would make this hell of a task much less discouraging. I hate how lazy devs are about implementing this little feature into trophies.

Flying around on a broomstick with nothing left to do for tons of hours is as a fun as banging my head against the wall with my hands tied behind my back.

Edited by TSTO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TSTO said:

The least they could've done is give us actual progress tracking on this dumb overinflated trophy. Knowing how far/close we are to reaching this ungodly requirement of 960km would make this hell of a task much less discouraging. I hate how lazy devs are about implementing this little feature into trophies.

Flying around on a broomstick with nothing left to do for tons of hours is as a fun as banging my head against the wall with my hands tied behind my back.

Yeh, same with collectables. Its one thing saving them in the sub menu, but they could have at least displayed them in set order or by district, so you at least know what you have left to get. Instead they are in order in which I think you obtain them.

I mean, GRE, Radio Towers etc get a tick next to them to show you've completed them, so the logic would be the same you'd think for Memementos, Tapes and Graffiti. To add to that, you can even remove what you dont want to see in the map legend, so its not like they've not thought about the map being over cluttered.

Digressing I know, but yeh, a tracker would have been a godsend.

51 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Yeh, same with collectables. Its one thing saving them in the sub menu, but they could have at least displayed them in set order or by district, so you at least know what you have left to get. Instead they are in order in which I think you obtain them.

I mean, GRE, Radio Towers etc get a tick next to them to show you've completed them, so the logic would be the same you'd think for Memementos, Tapes and Graffiti. To add to that, you can even remove what you dont want to see in the map legend, so its not like they've not thought about the map being over cluttered.

Digressing I know, but yeh, a tracker would have been a godsend.

That's the one thing I can agree they dropped the ball with, DL1 had both a statistics page and ordered collectibles. At the very least integrate trophy tracking, in this generation I really feel like it should be mandatory, I did the achievements for the first one on the PC but even back then that had tracking on steam.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Insidious_Strike said:

I’m going to try something else. It says „travel“. Do why not try getting on a train and fastTRAVELLING back and forth? Maybe that will work. ;)

Someone tried and confirmed it doesn't work from the true achievements forum already, someone also tried rubberbanding falling off of VNC tower roof in a loop for many hours and said it didn't work, looks like its just manual movement on the X-axis.

I had around 90hrs of gameplay on 3 save files (one is still stuck in death loop) and I did about 5 hours of rubber banding the other night and maybe 11 hours still running right now. Feels so dumb wasting electricity and making my PS5 run like this but I put too much time into the other 98% of trophy progress I have right now. I am going to hate this game by the time I am done with it. From my first 18 hours lost due to the death loop (still not patched, imagine if I had decided I was just going to wait on them), to the annoying missable collectables that caused me to play the game a third time, and now this stupid running. As others have said, no functional trophy tracking or a stats screen is ridiculous. 

Now I can't decide between saving and quitting every so often to make sure the game doesn't crash and lose any progress, or the people saying they've had the most luck doing the running uninterrupted. If I can finish these trophies I will gladly sell this game towards the other titles releasing soon. And if they don't pop before I get sick of having my PS5 running for no good reason, I very well might bail without plat for now. 

Edited by NukeEarth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NukeEarth said:

I had around 90hrs of gameplay on 3 save files (one is still stuck in death loop) and I did about 5 hours of rubber banding the other night and maybe 11 hours still running right now. Feels so dumb wasting electricity and making my PS5 run like this but I put too much time into the other 98% of trophy progress I have right now. I am going to hate this game by the time I am done with it. From my first 18 hours lost due to the death loop (still not patched, imagine if I had decided I was just going to wait on them), to the annoying missable collectables that caused me to play the game a third time, and now this stupid running. As others have said, no functional trophy tracking or a stats screen is ridiculous. 

Now I can't decide between saving and quitting every so often to make sure the game doesn't crash and lose any progress, or the people saying they've had the most luck doing the running uninterrupted. If I can finish these trophies I will gladly sell this game towards the other titles releasing soon. And if they don't pop before I get sick of having my PS5 running for no good reason, I very well might bail without plat for now. 

Right there with you man. 118 hours in and 98% trophies completed (however I luckily managed to do everything in one playthrough. Boot Licker popped for me randomly from another player's coop session. Everything else I managed to find in time because I started looking at PowerPyx guide before I got to some of the missable side quest collectibles. And I fortunately managed to grab the prologue collectibles naturally. But this... this goddamn Ultramarathon trophy... this takes the cake in my frustrations. Horizon is coming out tonight at midnight EST and I still haven't gotten this. I bought the Ultimate edition of DL2 so might end up just waiting for the DLCs to finish this dumbass trophy if I don't get it by tonight.

• Like 2

Spoiler

I got the platinum today, and it took me another 55 hours almost of running nonstop after i done everything in 1 playthrough exept the ultramarathon. Save file ended with platinum on 164 hours, took me 6 days of running / flying on broom / paragliding to get it. I did not let my ps5 run while i was asleep with rubberbanding tho so the 6 days might been quicker but still...

• Like 1

Got it tonight. Adding up my 3 saves I was around 113 hours. Somewhere between 15-20 hours of rubber banding. Saving and quitting in between was fine, and I assume it was a cumulative total across all my saves. The game paused once while rubber banding when I first started but I never had that happen again. Did mostly in the metro station safe house in Trinity. Having the PS app on my phone was a good way to check if it popped yet while I was afk. Glad it's over with, I was starting to think I'd have my PS5 on overnight again. 

• Like 1

Hey folks, for those who have the problem of the game pausing while rubberbanding, i believe this is related to your Online Settings.

Change your game to “Single Player.” After making this change myself, not a single paused game while rubberbanding. Still looking to unlock the trophy (only ~102 total hours of playtime, ~20 rubberbanding so far), but at least i don’t have to worry about paused games.

My rubberbanding spot of choice is the room outside the bed/stash at the Metro: Newalls Crossing (under the Fish Eye). Nice rectangular space with no obstacles, no issue with UV or infected. It doesn’t register as in a safe zone so you run full speed.

Of course, this “single player” trick is based off a data set of only 1, so if this doesn’t work for you, sorry! ?