Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

19 hours ago, seping said:

Well, the plat finally popped for me. For anyone wondering about this trophie, i had to do around 25h of rubberband, a total of 105h total for the plat. The rubberband was almost 25% of my total time, which is just insane.

19 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

It takes around 35-40 hours of rubberbanding on top of whatever you did during your normal playthrough to get this unfortunately. 

Did you do the hours with the elastic in a single session, or in several times?

_________

Edit:

Trophy unlocked, after about 25 hours of rubber band

Edited by kiseiju68

1 hour ago, kiseiju68 said:

Did you do the hours with the elastic in a single session, or in several times?

No, I'm doing it in multiple 8-10 hour sessions. Basically letting it run all day while I'm at work then when I get home I quit out to the main menu so it saves and shut down my console for the night to give it a rest. I haven't gotten the trophy yet but I'm only about 25 hours into doing this as of now. If my guesstimate is correct, the trophy should pop sometime tomorrow for me. 

This trophy is not glitched so there's no reason this has to be done in one session. It just takes a really long time to get it. Probably not a good idea to have your console run for a day and a half nonstop anyway. 

Edited by mega-tallica

52 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

I dont know what im doing wrong but sometimes while rubber banding my game will pause alone. Anyone know why this might happen?

You have to set your game to single player only. It pauses after 5 minutes when it doesn't detect any new inputs while playing online. 

• Like 1

Finally popped

- Total gameplay hours: 146h (rubber banding included)

- Don't have to do in one session. But make sure Aiden go to sleep after each one.

- Done in a subway near sleeping area (not in the sleeping room)

- Rubber banding L&R sticks together works

- Can try banding L stick with L2 while banding R stick with the right handle which walks faster. Either way works.

- Set to Single Player

- Entering pause screen (the one you press OPTION) occurs mostly in the first hour of rubber banding. So I usually monitor the TV for an hour (doing other stuff in front of the TV) then go to sleep.

- This trophy without progress tracker is sick

• Like 1

Outside of normally playing I only did 2 nights worth of rubber banding (which was around 14hrs) with my sleep. I was set to single player only and banded in the metro under the fish eye. This popped before I even finished the game / collectibles so I probably only needed 1 night of banding in the end.

The only thing I did that I can see others maybe not doing is I NEVER fast traveled when playing. Those book collection side quests that made you run all the way back to Old Villedor? I ran it. I used the glider like it was my best friend, so I'm very sure it counts towards the distance.

Edited by Skurkitty

• 2 weeks later...

i went from completing the game (74h) to being 100h in with the rubberbanding method and i have yet to receive the trophy. I don't get why developpers think its a smart idea adding these tedious trophy's you wouldn't get legit unless you would replay the game 2,3 times.

27 minutes ago, Diggaman12 said:

Does anybody knows if you rubberbanding in a safezone it still  counts for the trofhy?

Yes, safe zones are the only place you really can rubberband without risking being interrupted by enemies. The Metro station under the Fish Eye is probably the best spot. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Diggaman12 said:

Does anybody knows if you rubberbanding in a safezone it still  counts for the trofhy?

11 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Yes, safe zones are the only place you really can rubberband without risking being interrupted by enemies. The Metro station under the Fish Eye is probably the best spot. 

This^

There are plenty of places 'safe zone' wise that will work. From memory I did mine on a grass rooftop next to a generator, in DownTown so when it turned night, the UV light meant I never needed to replen and I could be left idle for hours. 

23 hours ago, Leo3572 said:

Just did it. Took me 30 hours of rubber band. Works fine in a train station. Paused only once. 

Just crossed 40 hours rubber-banded and still waiting. Ridiculously daft trophy.

EDIT: Decided to give up after 48 hours of rubber-banding, I think this is broken. I'll add more km on with DLC.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Anke said:

Just crossed 40 hours rubber-banded and still waiting. Ridiculously daft trophy.

EDIT: Decided to give up after 48 hours of rubber-banding, I think this is broken. I'll add more km on with DLC.

You sure you put on the rubber band correctly? Did it wrong once. Aiden was just looking around in circles instead of walking in circles. 

Beside I did two playthroughs since I made some mistakes in the first one. If you made just once playthrough and used the paraglider and fast travel instead of walking, it's possible it needs a lot of time more for you.

4 hours ago, Leo3572 said:

You sure you put on the rubber band correctly? Did it wrong once. Aiden was just looking around in circles instead of walking in circles. 

Beside I did two playthroughs since I made some mistakes in the first one. If you made just once playthrough and used the paraglider and fast travel instead of walking, it's possible it needs a lot of time more for you.

He was walking at a slower pace but was indeed walking, he was looking down as his feet and definitely walking. 

I also made sure I walked as much as possible during the main game and didn't fast travel.

Something's gone wrong somewhere.

This trophy is a horrible grind. Ive hardly used the paraglider, i have only fast traveled when i absolutely had to and ive done nothing but run and walk for the last 100 hours of playtime it took me to get every other trophy and i still havent unlocked this. 

Been grinding away 2-3 hours for the past 4 days every morning and yeah, im nowhere near close to it, it seems as i had hoped. I think they were right about the 500 hours after all… ??

11 minutes ago, bryanr1213 said:

For anyone who has had to do a 2nd playthough how long did it take you to get the trophy?

You won't get it naturally with a 2nd playthrough either, you'll still have to rubberband for 25-30 hours or so on top of whatever you accumulated in your 2 playthrough's. That 2nd playthrough cuts down your rubberbanding time by like 5-10 hours, something like that, but that 2nd playthrough will also take you like 10-15 hours to do minimum so you don't end up really saving any time. No matter how you do it, you're going to have to rubberband for a long time regardless.