Disgaea 6 Complete (PS5 | PS4)

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, ShadeSplit said:

Anyone with common sense called it. The game has been on PS4 in Japan since the beginning, yet people claimed Sony denied NISA. I hope they had fun with their laggy Switch version.

Well, didn’t necessarily mean they would in the west, but now those people can find something new to complain about.

• Like 1

Great! (I just bought the JPN version on the HK PSN store last week... as usual after I buy the foreign version they announce the release in here... first Demon's Souls US version a few weeks later the EU version was announce, then Catherine, same deal, after that was Shining Resonance, and now Disgaea 6...).

Anyway, I will keep a close eye on the NISA EU store from now on to order the collectors edition as soon as it's made available in the EU store..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Great! (I just bought the JPN version on the HK PSN store last week... as usual after I buy the foreign version they announce the release in here... first Demon's Souls US version a few weeks later the EU version was announce, then Catherine, same deal, after that was Shining Resonance, and now Disgaea 6...).

Anyway, I will keep a close eye on the NISA EU store from now on to order the collectors edition as soon as it's made available in the EU store..

Here ya go: PS4 PS5

Glad this game is finally coming to Playstation, and it's nice to see the reverse of what happened last time; with Disgaea 5 originally being on PS4 and getting the complete edition on Switch, which never released for PS4 (at least not physically).

I already bought the Switch version last year, but I'll definitely be double dipping on this, especially since I never bought the DLC.

thank goodness!

I was worried it was gonna take even longer to come out! after seeing how bad the performance and optimization was on switch, i decided to wait as well like others in this thread.

This news makes me so happy, especially considering i just finished platinuming at least one version of every other game in the series last week (ending with disgaea 4 vita) 

Seeing as this and Elden ring are coming out, its just already going to be a great year!

I wish NISA would offer to sell just the game instead of this bundled Limited Edition like they're doing with just about everythign these days.  I'm past the point where I care for all the extras; soundtracks are generally my thing, but I see no particularly good reason to pay an extra $50 or $60 for a bunch of crap that I'm not interested in and would just chuck in a closet somewhere.

Guess I'm waiting for somebody like Amazon to just offer the game on its' own instead of ordering through NISA.  I'm looking forward to this, and I'll play the heck out of it, but that's about as far as it goes.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

I have been eying this series for like 12 years now :D I think it has some of the most charming looking art I have ever seen :D what other games in the series would you guys recommend?

Disgaea 1 is a very simplistic version of modern disgaeas. It is still good but you can tell it was a little barebones.

Disgaea D2 is a great starting point on the ps3; however, there is a lot of expensive dlc that you may not want to buy for the 100% trophy list.

Disgaea 3 is where I started. Loved it, a little bit of rng at the end but nothing too crazy.

I skipped disgaea 4 but I do know it's the toughest/ longest.

Disgaea 5 is an easy plat once you learn and get used to the mechanics. There is a lot going on so you may feel a little overwhelmed at first, but it's a very good game and you just need to learn. 

Overall an exceptional series of tactical RPGs. Great writing, fun plot, excellent gameplay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Disgaea 1 is a very simplistic version of modern disgaeas. It is still good but you can tell it was a little barebones.

Disgaea D2 is a great starting point on the ps3; however, there is a lot of expensive dlc that you may not want to buy for the 100% trophy list.

Disgaea 3 is where I started. Loved it, a little bit of rng at the end but nothing too crazy.

I skipped disgaea 4 but I do know it's the toughest/ longest.

Disgaea 5 is an easy plat once you learn and get used to the mechanics. There is a lot going on so you may feel a little overwhelmed at first, but it's a very good game and you just need to learn. 

Overall an exceptional series of tactical RPGs. Great writing, fun plot, excellent gameplay.

Best answer I could have asked for :D thanks mate 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

I have been eying this series for like 12 years now :D I think it has some of the most charming looking art I have ever seen :D what other games in the series would you guys recommend?

Each new Disgaea introduces mechanics that the previous didn’t have so working backwards can be frustrating. I recommend starting with 1

3 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

I would not recommend 6, especially not at $70.

D1 Complete is prolly the best one, but a bit outdated by modern standards.

5 is the best, but weakest story.

4 is the best all around, but I myself am not that into it