Mr_Wright95

Multiplayer down temporarily?

20 posts in this topic

Can Anyone Confirm AC3 Servers are Still Online for the Ps3? - I was playing the Multiplayer yesterday about to finish my last online trophy, log in today and services are unavailable.....

12 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Can Anyone Confirm AC3 Servers are Still Online for the Ps3? - I was playing the Multiplayer yesterday about to finish my last online trophy, log in today and services are unavailable.....

They didn’t get permanently shut down, they’re just temporarily unavailable right now. 

Yes, it was shut down between yesterday and today with no notice....I mean...give it a little longer before posting?

56 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Why should he wait any longer? things on the internet work that way, they just happen and people post about them, what's the problem? Op wanted an answer, and got it.

Cool, this board likes to be flooded every time someone panics because they can't connect to a server for 5 min....I'll leave it be. The title was changed after I posted, originally seemed like he was asking if the servers were shut down, which is, IMO silly, since he connected yesterday. FIRE AWAY. 

17 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Cool, this board likes to be flooded every time someone panics because they can't connect to a server for 5 min....I'll leave it be. The title was changed after I posted, originally seemed like he was asking if the servers were shut down, which is, IMO silly, since he connected yesterday. FIRE AWAY. 

Originally I posted this as a comment in a different Thread but a Mod moved it here FYI as its own thread. 

20 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I must agree that the AC franchise servers are unstable, so one thread about the server status would be more suitable than multiple threads being done each time a crash. I don't recall any Ubisoft games shutting down without warning, so maybe people worry unnecessarily.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Originally I posted this as a comment in a different Thread but a Mod moved it here FYI as its own thread. 

👆

The game is 10 years old, so the servers likely aren't in the best shape. Also, if they were shutting for real, Ubi would probably give at least a few weeks notice. 

It's actually very rare for Ubisoft to shut down servers for any of their games, at least on console. For the most part they usually just disable any uPlay integration.

40 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Last June, I got the plat for the PS3 version of Far Cry 4. I was truly stunned that the MP trophies were still doable.

It's easy/popular to shit on Ubisoft, but I have to give them credit for how they've handled the servers for most of their legacy titles.

Far Cry 2 is still online...the server might not be the best, but it's amazing that it's been up for 14 years now.

Ok online is seems to be back now, i was able to find earlier today that ubisoft was having maintenance of online services on their support page, it lasted from 08:00 on 10 february 2022 to 17:00 february 2022.

I just read that the online for AC3 got shut down...

5 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

I just read that the online for AC3 got shut down...

It’s still up. Just tested it. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

Thank u man,I am very confused as the ubisoft article claimed that and was updated on 18th April but the latest multiplayer trophy was just recently earnt.

Guess I ll start it next anyways just to be on the safe side

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

How many online trophies? Only 8 (4 from base game and 4 from dlc)?

10 total online trophies.

5 base game multiplayer trophies. Abstergo Entertainment, Hunter/Killer, Winning Team, Personalized, & The Truth Will Out

4 battle hardened pack multiplayer trophoes. One for All, A New Challenger Appears, Stubborn Stunner, & Wolves for Lambs

1 base game single player trophy that requires a network connection. Head in the Cloud

Edited by MrHealthy

21 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

10 total online trophies.

5 base game multiplayer trophies. Abstergo Entertainment, Hunter/Killer, Winning Team, Personalized, & The Truth Will Out

4 battle hardened pack multiplayer trophoes. One for All, A New Challenger Appears, Stubborn Stunner, & Wolves for Lambs

1 base game single player trophy that requires a network connection. Head in the Cloud

Thx

On 4/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, DaivRules said:

I can also confirm everything is still working fine for now. Just had a successful boosting session today and all MP trophies were able to be unlocked.

I just picked up the game again, and I'm currently beating the story to get head in the cloud. Should not take long to knock out the story if speed running the entire thing.