[Video] No Death Guide [Levels 4/5]

Zatherus

Hiya,

This is a video guide for the first level of Sifu. Sifu has a trophy that requires beating the game at age 25 and under. Because of the way the game treats death it means beating levels as efficiently as possible is critical. The game is a fighting game that strongly leans on parry and avoid systems. Those familiar with Absolver, the companies prior game will be familiar with the formula. The game is made up of 5 levels each with a unique boss fight at the end of the zone.

The game is HIGHLY skill dependent.
Difficulty: 7/10
Time: Due to the game being skill focused the timeframe could drastically vary. On average I would guess around 40 hours to really master the systems for those unfamiliar with Absolver. 25 hours for those familiar with fighting games and Absolver.

The main ideas covered in the video are some pathing and tricks for some of the areas. Certain areas you can "stealthily" take out some enemies and quickly get some takedowns to limit the number of enemies you fight. During the boss fight I discuss the avoid/phasing system that the game implements but does a REALLY poor job of explaining. We are so used to parrying in games like this and for the most part parrying will get you really far and through most enemies. However, the bosses really require you to use the avoid/phasing mechanic. To do this you press and hold l1 to enter block stance and then flick up or down to avoid attacks. Almost all attacks are down flicks to duck under unless the attack is clearly swiping at your legs.

For now this is just a quick guide to the first level. The remaining levels will be posted when I am able to get them up.

Hopefully someone finds it useful! To anyone making a written guide for the game, feel free to point to these videos if you think its solid support for keeping your death counter low.

Good luck and happy hunting on this one!

Edited by Zatherus
Updated title, embedded video
  • Like 3

just one point, the worst enemy at the wherehouse is the one doing the round, you can hide behind a pillar and walk into him making a stealth attack

also if you choose the eye icon in the big guy after the wherehouse he walk to you for a safe triangle and takedown

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

this game sounds amazing, I should play absolver first, I pre-ordered Sifu but will leave it a bit. can you back up saves at checkpoints aswel ?

When it comes to backing up saves you dont need to. The games checkpoint system is fantastic for replayability. The core idea in Sifu is repeat until perfection. So the game gives you checkpoints at the start of each level saving your best run. So if you go further in and then die you can just start at whichever level you like which your "best age (Lowest death count)".

When it comes to Absolver it is not necessary at all for playing Sifu. The games are totally separate IPs with no interweaving storyline. I will also note that the plat for Absolver is HELLA grindy in comparison to Sifu. Still a fantastic game and if you are interested in it I don't mean to discourage you. It's just not necessary to go after Absolver first before attempting Sifu is all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 4/6/2022 at 0:57 PM, L0rdAceX said:

Thanks for the guides! These were helpful!

Just for future peeps, will there be one for level 5?

I have the footage I just need to do the voice over but have been tied up with finals. Sorry its had such a delay on it.