Micro stutters?

det_gittes

I've been playing this game for a few weeks now and I think everything was fine until two days ago, when all of a sudden I would start noticing that the game stutters for a fraction of a second - not in every race, but every so often. It's far from game-breaking, but still annoying in a game where this fraction of a second makes a whole lot of difference (as you can be 0.05 seconds behind the medal time). I'm playing on PS5 and I wonder if it's just me or anyone else has had a similar issue?

8 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Yeah, this has happened to me as well, playing on PS5 also. It never happened on PS4.

Thanks for the info! If it doesn't get any better, I may have to transfer my savefile to PS4 to see if the stutters disappear. I wonder if the loading times are much worse on the older console.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Thanks for the info! If it doesn't get any better, I may have to transfer my savefile to PS4 to see if the stutters disappear. I wonder if the loading times are much worse on the older console.

I didn't have the issue on the original/base PS4. I don't remember the loading times being an issue at all. 

Even if they were (hypothetically), so much more time was spent resetting a level than quitting out to another one, and restarts (regardless of how far into the longest campaign map you were on), were always instantaneous.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone, I will play some more to see if the problem persists (noticed it in two different gaming sessions so far) and if it does, I will dust off the PS4 to see how the game plays there. If it makes any difference, I only noticed it when I took a break from the main campaign to get some Trackmaster medals in the early maps - so potentially even more restarting was involved than usual.

• 1 month later...

This has been on my PS4 Pro for a while and I've played it in fits and starts so don't really remember, but I started playing it properly a few days ago and I've had some of these. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, which is strange.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It seems to be related to the online leaderboards. Everytime I do more than 4-5 tracks in a row it happens to stutter for a fraction of a second, I've tried relaunching the game after ever 2nd gold and it's been fine since. 

Could try turning the connection off but I quite like seeing my placements. 

• 3 weeks later...