Worth getting in february 22 (platinum unobtainable)?

DoctorxDx

Just saw that this game is on sale and I'm not sure if it's worth getting. I read that the platinum is currently unobtainable (or at least the digital version) and I don't know if this issue will be fixed at all in the future. Are there any words out if the "Investing in the future" trophy will be fixed? Is the game still worth getting?

1 hour ago, DoctorxDx said:

the game still worth getting?

I couldn't even be bothered to play more than two hours on a free weekend and you want to give them money. That's a shitty grindy life-service brawler. Could be better without all of the stats, gear, enemy levels etc. But it is what it is. Is it worth tens of hours of your life? I don't know. There are service games with a good core gameplay, that keeps you playing and this one just isn't one of them.

It takes around 100-200 hours or even more to get the platinum depending on if you want to get everyone to at least Power Level 140 and especially 150 or higher. It's a third-person brawler but the platinum will require a lot of grind for the 50 Hives and 50 SHIELD strongboxes opened since neither will come naturally as the former has pretty situational drops that only matter if you want to do the multiplayer content (Entirely unnecessary unless you want to go past PL 150) while the latter is only used to find Vault locations which themselves aren't worth running unless you're looking for something specific as they take forever and are only really great for Unit (Cosmetic currency) farming. Early game feels terrible as the campaign takes forever to get going and until your characters are within the level 15 or so range and power level 50-80 you will feel like you are fighting damage sponges. Once you get past that it's smooth sailing, though some characters smooth out the early game better like Spidey, Kamala, Iron Man once you get the laser, and Thor.

Most of the "grind" will go by the wayside since you'll probably personally feel the need to finish the battle cards each character has and go after the various campaigns as aiming towards those goals will help you to get a lot of trophies done and progress in the game in general. You only need to really get a couple characters past PL 100, everyone else is just you personally wanting to get them higher for your own enjoyment or for the sake of it.

Despite the platinum technically being unobtainable you can still downgrade your version, and physically it's nearly always dropping down to $10-20 I just can't recall if digital can downgrade (I think it can). Right now it's fine and fun if you can look past some of the bugs and the early game slog. If you were to ask if it was worth it assuming they fixed the trophy that's "unobtainable" then I would say a resounding "no" as it would add like another 50+ hours into the mix. You'd need PS+ for several months and you'd have to pretty much grind weekly for over an hour or more doing the Omega-Level Threat and the raid to go up a total of two power levels (You get a guaranteed item weekly that upgrades your power level by 1 for the OLT and then the raid). That's on top of the fact that some characters are kicked from the raids before you even start unless you're with friends because they need to be babysat (Spidey, Captain America, Kate Bishop, and Black Widow) or the average person running that character runs a build that focuses on takedowns rather than damage (Spidey and Cap) so they assume you will need to be babysat when they do have decent builds.

If you ignore the trophies altogether then I think it's worth playing the campaign when it's cheap enough. There is a small number of "GaaS-style" missions mixed into the campaign but for the most part it's an enjoyable maybe 10 hour superhero action romp where you play a varied cast of superheroes. The gameplay is solid and the mission structure is for the most part all right. From what I've seen, the trophies and post-game is what ruins the experience. So, play the campaign when it's cheap and enjoy that C-rank on PSNP or skip it in my opinion.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:14 AM, DoctorxDx said:

Just saw that this game is on sale and I'm not sure if it's worth getting. I read that the platinum is currently unobtainable (or at least the digital version) and I don't know if this issue will be fixed at all in the future. Are there any words out if the "Investing in the future" trophy will be fixed? Is the game still worth getting?

I got this game for $10.  It is a fun game and worth getting.  Still a few players online that are great to play with.  Fun story and fun multiplayer.