Which DLC should I add first, Color or Court?

Kamurotetsu

I'm currently doing my first run of the game on Week 80 and coming up to the "end", leveling up all heroes to 6, waiting for the Brigand Vvulf event, upgrading the new districts/farming heirlooms and quirks etc. I'm still not sure which DLC I should do first, either Color of Madness or Crimson Court. I read CC adds an additional disease you have to deal with, but CoM seems more contained.

I started with CoM since you dont have any disadvantages with adding the dlc. The only thing what could happen is to find the thing from the stars as a enemy in some dungeon floors. The miniboss is pretty hard and could end a run quickly. I would advice to activate the dlcs after finishing the story.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Is there a post-game?

You can play further after you finish the darkest dungeon, only the darkest dungeon is blocked afterwards. You can use your characters for further expeditions. If you activate the dlcs you will get the other content. Like i said before, for me it was good to activate the dlcs one after another for an easier time.

The other commenter does make a good point about the Color of Madness DLC not really adding any challenge to the base game content. However, Color of Madness is sort of an independent horde mode end game content. It doesn't really relate back to the base game in any meaningful way. The way Color of Madness is set up is you'll only use your most powerful team with your best equipment for it. The Crimson Court is an expansion of the base game where you continue to develop your heroes. Crimson Court is really more of a traditional DLC where Color of Madness is more akin to CoD Zombies mode. Crimson Court was made to, and makes more sense to, play first.

12 hours ago, Inuty said:

You can play further after you finish the darkest dungeon, only the darkest dungeon is blocked afterwards. You can use your characters for further expeditions. If you activate the dlcs you will get the other content. Like i said before, for me it was good to activate the dlcs one after another for an easier time.

Would you recommend doing the DLCs after platinum then?

8 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Would you recommend doing the DLCs after platinum then?

I did it that way.

Crimson court will give your characters a curse and if you cant handle it your characters will die. You are forced to finish the dlc to Eliminate the curse in the game and i had some difficulties with the last Boss. Also the dungeon is way bigger then the rest of the game.

Colour of madness is so far more forgiving and will only add an additional floor boss in the Main dungeons which can end a run earlier then you want