Other games like this?

cb_zen

I had a lot of fun with this game. I think this joy is based on the fact that the difficulty level is quite appropriate for a casual game. I also really liked the level design.

What other game like this would you recommend?

I have Spy Chameleon and LA cops in my backlog, but maybe that's not what I'm looking for. In any case, I really like top-down stealth/action games.

I haven't tried turn-based strategy games in this style yet, would you recommend any to start with whose platinum isn't a nightmare?

Thank you in advance for your attention 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CHBESEN said:

I had a lot of fun with this game. I think this joy is based on the fact that the difficulty level is quite appropriate for a casual game. I also really liked the level design.

What other game like this would you recommend?

I have Spy Chameleon and LA cops in my backlog, but maybe that's not what I'm looking for. In any case, I really like top-down stealth/action games.

I believe the game you are looking for is:

Lbf80d1.png

It's a top down (isometric) stealth/ action game... that is also one of the best games of the past decade!

14def4d11bfe776aef70738e6f7ac85d66d425b0

ps. A word of warning: I've been slowly ranking every game I have ever got the S-Rank in.... and LA Cops is currently No. 297 out of... 297!

It is awful - do yourself a favour, and avoid it like the plague!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 because of it's VR Missions. I believe Volume has been highly influenced by these games. 

thanks! I will check it out soon

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I believe the game you are looking for is:

Lbf80d1.png

It's a top down (isometric) stealth/ action game... that is also one of the best games of the past decade!

Thanks for this recommendation too. I've seen Invisible Inc. a few times on sale, next time I'll buy it for sure.

Is this 2% average completion rate on Invisible Inc. just because it was a ps plus game or is it really hard to beat? While certainly excellent, I'm afraid it may not be the most recommended for me right away.

24 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

ps. A word of warning: I've been slowly ranking every game I have ever got the S-Rank in.... and LA Cops is currently No. 297 out of... 297!

It is awful - do yourself a favour, and avoid it like the plague!

As for LA Cops, well, it's not all flower scent in my to-do pile and since I already bought it, I'll end up cleaning up that smelly dirt, but thanks for the warning, it's good to be prepared.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CHBESEN said:

Is this 2% average completion rate on Invisible Inc. just because it was a ps plus game or is it really hard to beat? While certainly excellent, I'm afraid it may not be the most recommended for me right away.

It’s quite a long platinum journey, and I think that has more to do with the low rarity (and the PS+ inclusion, as you say) than straight difficulty.

It can be a tricky game to get to grips with early on, and there are a lot of interconnected and interdependent systems to learn - but it had roll-back, so you can always retry turns as much as you want, so I wouldn’t call it super hard exactly.

I got the plat in about 2 weeks - and found it tough but fair, and I loved every minute of it!

• Like 1

Spy Chameleon was fun, I platted that 5 years ago. I would say that is very much of a similar ilk to Volume, though without the stronger story component. The GO games put out by Square Enix may also be good contenders. It's like a turned-based, table top representation of stealth missions.

I quite enjoy the proper Hitman games as well as its a bit of a murder sandbox. You are free to go nuts and kill everyone, or use stealth and indirectly kill people in hilarious ways. There is much freedom how to tackle things. If you have PS+ (Spy Chameleon was on PS+ at a point so I suspect you may) several of those games have been free over the years. My favorite game in the series is Hitman: Blood Money, which is a part of the Hitman Enhanced HD collection on PS4 (which also included Hitman Absolution), but you can also start with Hitman: Season 1 which is a later game in the series and was free on PS+. Season 2 (just called Hitman 2) was also free on PS+.

edit: If you've had PS+ a LOOONG time and don't mind going older school, the Hitman HD Trilogy was free for PS3 on PS+. That is Hitman 2, Hitman: Blood Money, and Hitman: Contracts. I would recommend skipping Hitman 2 for the time being as its quite a bit more limiting on choice than the later two game.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guardian_owl said:

Spy Chameleon was fun, I platted that 5 years ago. I would say that is very much of a similar ilk to Volume, though without the stronger story component. The GO games put out by Square Enix may also be good contenders. It's like a turned-based, table top representation of stealth missions.

I quite enjoy the proper Hitman games as well as its a bit of a murder sandbox. You are free to go nuts and kill everyone, or use stealth and indirectly kill people in hilarious ways. There is much freedom how to tackle things. If you have PS+ (Spy Chameleon was on PS+ at a point so I suspect you may) several of those games have been free over the years. My favorite game in the series is Hitman: Blood Money, which is a part of the Hitman Enhanced HD collection on PS4 (which also included Hitman Absolution), but you can also start with Hitman: Season 1 which is a later game in the series and was free on PS+. Season 2 (just called Hitman 2) was also free on PS+.

edit: If you've had PS+ a LOOONG time and don't mind going older school, the Hitman HD Trilogy was free for PS3 on PS+. That is Hitman 2, Hitman: Blood Money, and Hitman: Contracts. I would recommend skipping Hitman 2 for the time being as its quite a bit more limiting on choice than the later two game.

Thanks for the recommendations!

I remembered, but forgot to write that I had already platinum and enjoyed the GO series games (despite Lara Croft having some hellish collectibles).

As for the Hitman series, especially the first ones, it's something I really owe myself and I'm going to look to play in the coming weeks. The games really look amazing, among the best of the ps3 and ps4 generations in fact.

I'm new to games, I started playing only 2 years ago, in my 39 years, so I subscribed to ps plus not long ago (Jan/20). I curse my children with the best of blessings for my exciting new addiction, how can I not?

Spy Chameleon I bought it in one of last year's sales and it's one I shouldn't be long into getting started. I'm still looking for those type of games that are top view and isometric and whose platinum doesn't involve throwing the controller at the wall or spitting up in anger...

Edited by CHBESEN