Easy mode incoming

Alley_Cat_8633

I mean, if the devs intended the game to have an easy mode... Sure thing! Yes if they gave in to pressure from cetain journalists that can't even hold a controller properly, it can be abit sad, but from what I have seen Sifu doesn't look like the type of game where "no easy mode is the exact purpose of the game", unlike a certain other franchise that still gets people mad and gaming journalists horny for more content ? you know which one I am talking about. 

Thus being said, you can always record your martial arts mastery on Normal or Hard or Pai Mei level and put it on YouTube and show everyone your Kung Fu level. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mori said:

Are you talking about instand gratification? Seriously, it is not disabled people who are moaning about Sifu lacking an easy mode. It is people who lack motivation to put any effort whatsoever in a hobby they apparently love and enjoy.

Furthermore, are people seriously playing Sifu for its story? I think the main selling point is gameplay. Strip away that or numb it down to literally button smashing or whatever they are going to introduce and what is left?

And no, I dont care if it has any influence on my beloved rarity percentages. I just disagree that everything needs to be easy nowadays.

I am all for more accessibility for people who have issues due to a disability.

I wasn’t talking about “instant gratification”, no - I was taking about accessibility.. as are the devs, as far as I can tell, since this is described as an ‘accessibility option’, rather than a new ‘difficulty mode’.

Personally through - on the “instant gratification” point - I don’t see it as my business to police other people’s gaming.

If someone wants to shunt a game down to a level without challenge, then that’s up to them.
They paid for the game, they can spoil the experience if they want to - the only person suffering, ultimately, is themselves.

I’d also add that, in the case of Sifu, it was my understanding (correct me if I’m wrong on this) that the game could be ‘save-scummed’ to achieve the same result that this accessibility mode enables anyway?

If that is the case, then I would argue the only thing the mode bypasses is a bunch of closing/opening of the game, and uploading/downloading of save files for anyone who would use it.

I can’t see this having any kind of real impact on the game, if that’s the case.

It can already be ‘watered down’ via the back door - this just codifies it with a less awkward method. :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s not a difficulty mode, it’s an accessibility option.

Well... the tweet states:

"- Difficulty Modes. Both easier & harder, similar to Metroid Dread's update."

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Well... the tweet states:

"- Difficulty Modes. Both easier & harder, similar to Metroid Dread's update."

Yes, sorry - I’m referring to the tweet headline, which states that the things listed below are part of new “accessibility updates”

9 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Last time there was talk of a stair climbing championship and complaints of there being no ramps in the video ?‍♂️

Oh - hahaha ?

I forgot about that one! ?