Too big of a workshop stops workers.

GamingWithV1ctor

I've realized that everyone will just stop working at some point... what's up with that? Everything was going swell and work was being done way faster than needed, but suddenly everyone just freezes. There might be a few seconds where they work again, but then they stop once again. This even effects builders. Any fix for this or is my save just dead?

1 hour ago, GamingWithV1ctor said:

I've realized that everyone will just stop working at some point... what's up with that? Everything was going swell and work was being done way faster than needed, but suddenly everyone just freezes. There might be a few seconds where they work again, but then they stop once again. This even effects builders. Any fix for this or is my save just dead?

How far are you in? Maybe its your layout post a screenshot of your factory maybe, the other thing is to check the obstruction view. There's a bunch of little things that could be effecting this before it being an actual glitch if a reload didn't work.

same for me, they just stop moving and if i check the billboard they move again and stop is really annoying

PD: okay i found the problem with some searching, the billboard where you assign different task for one machine is the problem, if you have like 8 or 9 billboard for each set of machine that will make the workers stop moving, you need to sell them and have less

Edited by archnero

1 hour ago, archnero said:

same for me, they just stop moving and if i check the billboard they move again and stop is really annoying

PD: okay i found the problem with some searching, the billboard where you assign different task for one machine is the problem, if you have like 8 or 9 billboard for each set of machine that will make the workers stop moving, you need to sell them and have less

I had like 20 billboards, but i only ever used 1 billboard for all of 1 machine type. I just had the whole factory working on the same thing and then say for things like assembly had like 10+ stations and everything else between 2-5. I got the plat yesterday. I also never did the change machine setting thing. Also break rooms can turn into severe choke points  so you have to think about where and how you set them up, otherwise some guys seem to be coffee addicts and refuse to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a huge factory and problems get worse with the game. I mean Bugs like freeze worker, worker dont leave a machine, stuff not collected from a working bench, and crashes.playing on PS4 pro. Saving and reloading sometimes helps.but hell annoying. So far I loved that ?

I thought reducing my factory would help. i had 3 production lines in my factory when having this issues. i sold a lot and rebuild my factory from scratch, cost about half a million due to time and repurchases while some bugs also occured doing that. so while redoing my factory with some reloads of the game needed due to bugs i finished and was happy the game seems to be run much smoother. now i only have 1 production line, sold a lot of machinery and fired 20% of my crew. till yesterday the bug where everybody gets freeze appeared again. it help to click a production board and close it again, the exactly 1 Step of every KI worker is made. then i have to rince and repeat. i currently have up to 3 task for my production line when this bug appears again. when i do the long time 1 step method to avoid that bug and complete my task i suggest i will try with less than 3 at the same time. still i need 7 levels to get the plat for my factory. the game started for me with a lot of fun. but currently its annoying.

I have some feedback from the German developer. I Paste it here.

Hi thanks for your feedback and sorry for the problem! You're right, it's fairly common and has been around since the game was released. We really went to some trouble to somehow fix this, but it practically never occurs in our testing and can therefore not/poorly be reproduced. And the changes we made and hoped they would help didn't do that much. We will most likely continue to try to troubleshoot the issue, but I can't promise anything just yet. It should really be solvable, but we've been thinking that for a long time ☹ Thanks for your understanding! Regards, [email protected] HandyGames – THQ Nordic family member

Edited by AjoBoB
mistakes

On 23/2/2022 at 9:49 PM, AjoBoB said:

I have a huge factory and problems get worse with the game. I mean Bugs like freeze worker, worker dont leave a machine, stuff not collected from a working bench, and crashes.playing on PS4 pro. Saving and reloading sometimes helps.but hell annoying. So far I loved that 1f3ae.png

I had this problem yesterday, I solved it only by moving the machine where the worker is stack in a closer position, seems like doing this unlock that specific worker and then I replaced the machine where it was

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have assigned billboards to multiple machines, and basically made my factory up into sections, since I thought that would maximise my production, but seems like the game can't handle that. With my setup, I was able to make a lot of orders at once, but I suppose I'll have to go down a scratch so I can at least continue with my save file.