Trophy Thoughts?

Hahah kof trophy thoughts - > tagged me ?

Ok I dig this list, way way better than kof 14 where you had to do 100 online matches and needed a party of 6 players. You have to pretty much play the game with all characters and see all endings and whatnot. 

The disappointing part... No survival mode, no time attack, trials i heard they are easy.... So no Kof13 "yes baby I am the best" feeling xD

At least there's a nice Ranked trophy. Let's see who reaches rank 16 without boosting :awesome:

• Like 3

@FreshFromThaDeli I am certain of one thing: if we end up being matched in Ranked and you use Clark I am so unfriending you ??

List is pretty good tbh. It does look like a bit more work, compared to GG Strive and Melty. No KoFXIII level of craziness unfortunately. 

But yeah same feeling as @MissShake. Regardless of the list, this game was a no brainer, especially after the glorious betas. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Loving the fact Ranked mode trophies are there. Hopefully it's a hard rank to attain.

Don't think this list will be as grindy as KoFXIV or as hard as KoF XIII but it's a slight step up from recent fighting game trophy lists that require some skill. 

I was hoping for the opposite, I wanted it to be just offline stuff. Complete arcade mode on hard, with all teams, complete all trials etc.

Getting platinums in KOF XIII and SFV kinda killed any interest I had in online play/the “FGC”. I’ll tolerate it for better games like rereleases of 90s/early 00s 2D fighters or SF6/Capcom’s next fighter but I’m fairly useless at fighting games. I just like the characters/aesthetics and don’t want to learn the deep mechanical stuff online players utilise.

So yeah, as with KOF XIV, I’ll skip this one as the juice doesn’t seem worth the squeeze in terms of the platinum.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Copanele said:

@FreshFromThaDeli I am certain of one thing: if we end up being matched in Ranked and you use Clark I am so unfriending you 1f602.png1f602.png

List is pretty good tbh. It does look like a bit more work, compared to GG Strive and Melty. No KoFXIII level of craziness unfortunately. 

But yeah same feeling as @MissShake. Regardless of the list, this game was a no brainer, especially after the glorious betas. 

I will pick Clark on purpose just to grapple you. Flash backs of Potemkin Buster ?

• Like 1

I’m glad to see those story mode trophies, but I’m worried that trophies below are not so clear about whether they are hard or not:

• Achieved your first ranked-match winning streak. (Winning 2 matches in a row)
  • Reached rank 16. (No idea about how hard it is. If it’s as hard as SF5 then it would be a disaster for me)
  • Cleared trial missions of three characters.

Edit: Fixed the wrong English translation in trophy description.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AlterBeowulf said:

They mean clearing three-person missions as clearing 5 trials of 3 characters, the trials are imcomparable to 13 but it wont be an easy job for a casual as well

Definately not easy job for casual player ?

Try to play a bit just now before dive in Story mode, my nightmare memory of SF4 trial mode is coming back again. ?

looks surprisingly easy for a kof, wow. I venture to say that it is the easiest list of the saga.

That said, the single and dual trials can be tough.

Have never played the series.

Just saw a review for it and it looked great but my fighting game experience is limited to NRS games like MK and Injustice which i'd say i'm above average at best.

Street Fighter is a no go for me, I just ain't good at it.

Would consider getting this and going after the trophies, I like the idea that there's a few ranked ones in there but am wondering is this game one of the 'easy to pick up, difficult to master' games or is it the other way around?

1 minute ago, NinetyFree said:

Would consider getting this and going after the trophies, I like the idea that there's a few ranked ones in there but am wondering is this game one of the 'easy to pick up, difficult to master' games or is it the other way around?

Definitely easy to pick up, hard to master. That being said, XV (based on my experience with both betas) is easier to master than recent titles within the series. One button auto combos along with mastering your team's command list will be enough to get you the online trophies.

• Like 1

I checked in-game titles, they are:

• Participate in 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 online battles (any mode). (11 titles in total)
  • Win 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 online battles (any mode). (11 titles in total)
  • Achieve Champion Rank once. (1 title in total. Champion is the highest rank. It’s one rank above Rank 30 but not called Rank 31.)
  • Clear all of a character’s trials. (39 titles in total)

On 2/13/2022 at 9:56 PM, AlterBeowulf said:

They mean clearing three-person missions as clearing 5 trials of 3 characters, the trials are incomparable to 13 but it wont be an easy job for a casual as well

Thanks for the information! However, despite the trial trophies only asks you to complete 3 characters, you actually have to complete at least 27 characters’ trials, in order to get the 50 titles trophy. (or 28 characters, because Champion rank is almost impossible)

Also, 50 titles should be considered as online trophy for now, because there are only 39 offline titles. Maybe there will be more offline titles when DLC is available, though.

Edit: fix numbers of win online battles.

Edit: add information about Champion rank.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
Fix numbers of win online battles. Add information about Champion rank.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

I checked in-game titles, they are:

• Participate in 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 online battles (any mode). (11 titles in total)
  • Win 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 online battles (any mode). (11 titles in total)
  • Achieve Champion Rank once. (1 in total)
  • Clear all of a character’s trials. (39 in total)

Thanks for the information! However, despite the trial trophies only asks you to complete 3 characters, you actually have to complete at least 27 characters’ trials, in order to get the 50 titles trophy.

Also, 50 titles should be considered as online trophy for now, because there are only 39 offline titles. Maybe there will be more offline titles when DLC is available, though.

How is the online ranking? Start at rank 1 and climb to 16?