So now vice city is on ps now is it in a playable state?

I know this has been patched a lot and this is my favourite GTA, I own the PS2 version that was delisted I have no issues playing the game twice, so not really an either or, but is this playable or still horribly glitchy? I know there were some major patches, but its been impossible to google newer threads compared to older threads. Has anyone tried the version on PS now and have they encountered many annoying glitches or game breaking bugs.

There is a lot of funny bugs (and ton of glitches too), but nothing special to ruin the game. Only 2 times kick me off when press option (I play on PS5)..

It's hilarious though, still the game and the memories worth it...  mos def.

Edited by Vynzen
  • Like 1

Yeah as the above have said it’s in a pretty decent state even with a few glitches here and there. 

The only game breaking one I’ve found is when a shop glitched out and kept the overlay (Left and Right, Circle to exit) on the screen. Kept me from going to any more shops and stopped me from starting rampages so blocked me out of 100%. Had to go back to a considerably earlier save as had been relying on autosave so def worth having a few backup saves handy if it does happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FridgeMouth said:

No game breaking issues for me yet, slight issue doing pizza guy mission with lighting jumping about but wasn't there too long. 

I've only played the intro missions so far, aside from slight a random drop in frames for like 1 second, game seems to be fine. I'm running the PS4 version on PS5.

• 2 months later...

From my experience Vice City is buggier that GTA3 (I played GTA3 on PSNOW too, and it was before that huge patch was released), but so far it's just funny glitches, nothing annoying or game-breaking. I was a bit concerned when RC mission vans didn't spawn, but restarting the game fixed that.