Tribute Summons

KurtisNash

14 hours ago, KurtisNash said:

Does anybody know if Kaijus or Nibru count towards the tribute summon count?

I've been slowly working towards this but tributing summoning is so slow and if I'm in a position to tribute summon a few times, my opponent often just surrenders instead. 

You can check the data page after a duel to find out. I think they might because I never tribute summoned other than them, but had 8 already done when I went for it. 

it only counts 1 for each monster (eg. blue eyes white dragon) even if you tribute summon three of them per duel. 

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

They do not count in RL as you tribute to special summon. Out of all the options where you tribute your opponent's monsters the only one that actually would count as a tribute summon would be Ra Sphere Mode. I don't know if the game treats Kaijus as tribute summons for the sake of the trophy, the only thing I can say on the matter is I know that the game doesn't count any tribute summon you do that gets negated.

In terms of getting your tribute summon count up the obvious decktype to go for that is in the game would Monarchs naturally, especially considering the game even gives you a bunch of Monarch cards in the solo mode to start you off (you'll need to get more obviously). If you wait for the XYZ event to start then you'll likely be facing lower ranked/easier opponents to start with, plus the XYZ only restriction will weaken a lot of decks while it does zero to Monarchs. If you don't want to bother with that then assuming your deck is one that special summons, and you intend to play the game long term, then you can just add to your deck 1 copy of some impactful 1 tribute monster.

• Like 2