Horizon: Forbidden West Trophy List Revealed

Ghost

Pretty much what I expected though the minimal collectibles trophies is a nice surprise. 

I'm sure in a month or so there will be a NG+ and Ultra Hard trophies added as has become the norm of late. Which to be frank, I find annoying and would much rather they be a part of the base game. Hopefully there won't be a dozen new difficulties with challenges like Days Gone did.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

Hating people for how/what they want to trophy hunt is dumb but I think people complaining about it just to turn around and buy it regardless is just as dumb.

"Man I really hate how this movie is directed and shot but I'm still going to see in in theaters". 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

Whelp, the names may be uncreative as shit as ever, but at least they've learned to typeset their trophy titles to a tee this time.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaby steps. Maybe by the time we get Horizon: The Secret of Saurus Rock on PS7 in 2034, they might have even started making some those wacky out of the box trophies that seem to be a dying trend anyway.

Edited by AK-1138
I rolled a one on Alliteration resistance and must adjust accordingly.
  • Like 2

Yes, it looks like an easy Platinum but I'd prefer something like this compared to Breakthrough Gaming Platinums that steal money from players. We have to remember we're not normal players and we're a subset of a subset (basically, not every hardcore gamer out there is a trophy hunter). What's easy for people on this site may not be easy for other people.

Getting the Suns in Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't that hard if you maxed out your gear and had gotten the special armor (which I'm surprised there isn't a similar trophy in Horizon: FW). After that the times were easily beatable. Maybe they'll add the max stripes as a DLC trophy with the inevitable New Game+ and New Game+ on Ultra Hard trophies.

I'll be getting the collector's edition with both PS4/PS5 versions in it and the only thing I'm mad about is it's digital only.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

"What's the point in having the best gaming experience I can have, if I can't use that experience to show that I'm better than someone else?!

If no one is going to look at my trophies and feel inferior, then I might as well just play on the easiest setting and spoil the whole thing for myself!" :facepalm:1f602.png

Chill the fuck out, my dude. Some of us just actually like our trophy lists to meaningfully represent our time with a game. If that's not the case for you, then fine - but if you earn trophies for some reason besides wanting to mark the fullness of your gaming experiences, that would suggest you being the vain one. Personally, I like my platinums to be markers of games I've enjoyed to completion - but this doesn't seem to be the case for you. And if you've bothered with platinuming five hundred games simply because you like the feeling of having participation trophies on your page, then, well, I have bad news for you.

6 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Hating people for how/what they want to trophy hunt is dumb but I think people complaining about it just to turn around and buy it regardless is just as dumb.

"Man I really hate how this movie is directed and shot but I'm still going to see in in theaters". 

I imagine you must not buy many games if you believe that it's "dumb" to buy any game you have even a single complaint about.

5 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Gran Turismo comes out next month—that's probably going to be hard. Returnal isn't easy. Destruction AllStars is under a 2% plat rate right now. Demon's Souls won't be easy to the first-time player. There are plenty of difficult plats among PS exclusives; this just isn't and never was going to be one of them.

I would point out that Returnal is fairly easy for a roguelike - you don't even need to beat any boss more than once - and much of the platinum struggle is just trying to find randomly spawning symbols to scan. DaS, on the other hand, is both a PS+ game and a multiplayer game that lost its playerbase quickly, which results in a very inflated rarity.

With that said, I don't think anyone wants HFW to be the next Dark Souls, just for it to have a trophy list which is more comprehensive of the breadth of a game. From the looks of it you don't need to get anywhere near 100% completion of the actual game itself for the platinum.

Of course, we haven't played the actual game yet. But Sony's been demonstrating a worrying tendency to treat platinums as participation trophies that require no effort to obtain, and thus have very little satisfaction for serious trophy hunters. I know I would have enjoyed if Rift Apart actually wanted you to beat the game on hard, or finish a second playthrough, for instance.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Chill the fuck out, my dude. Some of us just actually like our trophy lists to meaningfully represent our time with a game. If that's not the case for you, then fine - but if you earn trophies for some reason besides wanting to mark the fullness of your gaming experiences, that would suggest you being the vain one. Personally, I like my platinums to be markers of games I've enjoyed to completion - but this doesn't seem to be the case for you. And if you've bothered with platinuming five hundred games simply because you like the feeling of having participation trophies on your page, then, well, I have bad news for you.

O...kay...

...you've told me to "Chill Out"... but then listed a bunch of stuff I basically agree with... so I don't really know where to go here :huh:

I guess I just don't feel like an easy list is a detriment to a game.

I chose what difficulty to play based on what I'm capable of, and what is challenging to me, not what the trophy list requires... as everyone is free and able to do.

I'm not saying shooting for a challenge is a bad thing - quite the opposite, it's what makes games fun - but I don't (and can't) expect every platinum to reflect my own ability level - if they all did, that would be phenomenal - it would be a phenomena! ?

I've not got Wolfenstein 2 platted, for example, as Mein Lieben is so wildly beyond my capability that I haven't even attempted it, but I still liked the experience I had with the game  - and I don't think that just because the platinum requirements are out of my league, that I have the right to complain about the trophy list... it just isn't pitched at my level.

It's the same with Forbidden West. I won't just play on Easy, because that's all that's required for the platinum - I'll play on whatever difficulty provides a fun time - and if that nets the platinum, great!

In the end, both the Wolfenstein 2 incomplete list, and the (presumed) Forbidden West complete one will still mark my gaming experience. :dunno:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not saying shooting for a challenge is a bad thing - quite the opposite, it's what makes games fun - but I don't (and can't) expect every platinum to reflect my own ability level - if they all did, that would be phenomenal - it would be a phenomena! 1f602.png

Well, a page ago you were calling people who wanted a harder trophy list, and I quote, "folks who wrap so much of their self-worth in the blanket of their PSN Profiles, that they are rendered unable to parse the idea that they still have the option to play a game on a higher difficulty, regardless of the baseline requirements of the platinum." Perhaps it was just self-degradation on your part, then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Well, a page ago you were calling people who wanted a harder trophy list, and I quote, "folks who wrap so much of their self-worth in the blanket of their PSN Profiles, that they are rendered unable to parse the idea that they still have the option to play a game on a higher difficulty, regardless of the baseline requirements of the platinum." Perhaps it was just self-degradation on your part, then.

Those aren’t contradictory posts though:dunno:

I play games at an appropriate challenge level for my ability.

If the platinum requires that level?

Great!

If the platinum requires less than that?

That’s fine - I’ll get it as I go.

If the platinum requires more than that?

Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

In all cases, the platinum list doesn’t set the difficulty level - I do… and in the case of most games, so can anyone else.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Those aren’t contradictory posts though:dunno:

I play games at an appropriate challenge level for my ability.

If the platinum requires that level?

Great!

If the platinum requires less than that?

That’s fine - I’ll get it as I go.

If the platinum requires more than that?

Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

In all cases, the platinum list doesn’t set the difficulty level - I do… and in the case of most games, so can anyone else.

I believe that the subject requires more nuance. You start with sarcasm and then make the assumption that "folks who wrap so much of their self-worth in the blanket of their PSN Profiles, that they are rendered unable to parse the idea that they still have the option to play a game on a higher difficulty, regardless of the baseline requirements of the platinum".

You are forgetting the actual trophy hunting. What me and many other people enjoy beyond gaming is going after trophies so setting arbitrary goals isn't as fun. Also some people enjoy playing with the statistics. I have met a lot of people who collect ultra rare trophies including many who are at the top with over 2k of them and all of them do so just because they enjoy it and don't feel superior about it contrary to the elitist stereotype that exists.

Yes at the end of the day you decide if you are going to apply handicaps while going for trophies but that doesn't mean people can't speak their minds and offer negative criticism while asking for more imaginative and/or challenging lists.

There's nothing wrong with expressing a small complaint about your niche hobby and it gets quite tiring when the "who cares geez" brigade comes and calls you out for "crying" like they are above it all, looking down on the peasants complaining from their ivory towers even though you just expressed a small complaint while being in the calmest state possible...

We all want to have fun but we have to remember that we are on a forum specifically about trophies so that's going to play an important role in the discussions and it's just silly to just respond with the classic "just have fun, trophies are worthless lolz". By the way this last one isn't referring to you. I'm just mentioning it because it is very common in the threads where any kind of complaint about trophies is expressed.

Also it is very sad that the most upvoted post is a ridiculous strawman about wolfenstein ignoring the logical middle ground.

Finally yes I'm going to play both Horizon games regardless of trophies but that's going to take a while since I'm racing to finish my ps3 backlog lol. Pray for me?

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

You know, they may add a bunch of trophies post release like they did with the original.

When I did 100% on the trophy list, the added trophies were much harder than the originals.

Even though the added ng+ and hard mode were a challenge you could still speedrun the game in ~5/6hrs and ignore most of it. It felt more like an annoying forced extra run for 100% but you can't please everyone how they think about it.

Can't tell much about the story dlc they added as it's been too long ago and I can't remember much of it :P.