Ghost

Horizon: Forbidden West Trophy List Revealed

110 posts in this topic

Gotta say I'm...kinda disappointed actually. Not even need to collect all collectibles, which I think HZD nailed. They were few and had a meaningful reason behind each one of them. Not even 40 total, unlike those bloated 400+ Ubi mess.

 

I'll still do everything because I think HFW will be a hell of a game, but a trophy for 100% completion would be nice. Plus, the trophy names are still boring, guess that's a thing of the franchise now.

 

Whish more games took an inspiration on Uncharted trophy lists. Love the combination of "find collectibles, try to do this challenge and beat the game" formula

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looks like an easy list, might even take shorter with less collectibles this time.

 

I'm going to take my time for this game though and based on reviews today, it seems like a really solid game, an improvement from the first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im very glad about this list. I have a lot of to play in the Next weeks ( Horizon, Gran Turismo, FF Origin, Tiny Tina ) and after the Trophiemess with Dying Light 2 its nice to have a list where you are not standing too much under stress. Just the fact you can do everything on easy doesnt mean i do that. I try to start every new game at least on normal. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't expecting a challenging list. I mean, it's 2022 after all... 🙄 And in any case, the first game had a very easy list as well. But the list is underwhelming regardless. It has many similar trophies to what was found in the first game, but with heavily reduced requirements, which is a shame.  

 

In any case, I enjoyed the first game somewhat, but didn't think of it as anything exceptional, so I won't get around to this one until the DLCs have been released and I can get the game for 20€ or so. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I imagine you must not buy many games if you believe that it's "dumb" to buy any game you have even a single complaint about.

 

Did I mention anywhere that people should not buy a game if they have a single complaint? Or did I say it's dumb to only complain about it on a trophy site when you could be voting with your wallet? (which we know has more value to sony/guerrilla) 

 

Do complainers know that you can play a game beyond the trophy requirements if you like it? Did none of you play games without in game achievement lists before the ps3? 🤔

 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to buy the game in the next few weeks (not right now, because I have other things to do this weekend).

Even though I wasn’t a fan of the first game, I am still excited about the sequel, because it’s a PS exclusive and it looks gorgeous.

It’s a bit underwhelming that so few collectibles are needed for the platinum, but I work, so a quicker platinum will be best for me. I still have that massive collectible grind to do in AC Valhalla, so that will compensate. 😅

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it! Seems to be a 2 or 3/10 difficulty with at least 50-60 hours needed to platinum. Overall seems simple and straightforward. I was able to platinum HZD in less than a week during my winter break  in 2020, so may take two-three weeks during a summer month.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really miss difficulty trophies in the main list. Haven't been that big of a fan of how Sony seems to force the lists to be really easy. And now they seem to be reducing the collectible requirements on top of that with this and R&C.

 

Not saying every plat needs to be super challenging, but at the same point, not every plat should be super easy. Variety is better.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I really miss difficulty trophies in the main list. Haven't been that big of a fan of how Sony seems to force the lists to be really easy. And now they seem to be reducing the collectible requirements on top of that with this and R&C.

 

Not saying every plat needs to be super challenging, but at the same point, not every plat should be super easy. Variety is better.

Agreed.  Sony 1st party games platinums have been on the easy side except for few games.
They will release the difficulty related trophies as DLCs eventually.

Edited by milanbarca82
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2022 at 2:50 AM, SpaceIsDandy said:

All the complainers still buying this (and every other AAA game with an easy list + every stack of every breakthrough game) why only complain on here why not vote with your wallet? 1f914.png

 

People bitch when a trophy list is too hard, when it is too easy people bitch about it being a bunch of participation trophies.

 

I don't have a PS5, and I'm not exactly compelled to pay full price for this game, especially when Aloy looks fucking ugly in contrast to the original game. Maybe at $20 or less, if I get a PS5 in the future sometime, this may be appealing. But I'm not paying full price.

 

All these complainers on YouTube and elsewhere who still buy the game at launch and do early review videos on their channels are just contributing to the decline of the gaming industry.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just annoyed by the time trial trophy back again. Yeah its just bronze medal required but i really hate those time trials.

I don't really understand why devs always put this time of content in open world games. If i want to grind time trial and leaderboard, there are plenty of games that just do it better. I'm not playing Horizon for that. 

Edited by Shorah-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don't have a PS5, and I'm not exactly compelled to pay full price for this game, especially when Aloy looks fucking ugly in contrast to the original game. Maybe at $20 or less, if I get a PS5 in the future sometime, this may be appealing. But I'm not paying full price.

 

Aloy could look like the Toxic Avenger and it still wouldn't really impact my desire to play the game, nor my potential enjoyment of it. Having said that, if they did indeed make her less attractive, I find that both fascinating and strange.

 

BTW, I decided last night to hold off on the game too. Came to the conclusion that I just can't pay $70 for a basic version of a video game, especially when so many of them are riddled with bugs at launch. I don't know if I'll be patient enough to wait for the complete edition, but I'm definitely holding out for a nice discount and bug fixes.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.02.2022 at 11:33 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

 

Sony first party titles have always been on the easy side, trophy wise. I think they are all above 55% completed

 

I believe this is a recent trend. The PS3 gen and early PS4 had a fair share of tough first party plats. Guerrilla Games' own Killzone series has never had easy trophy lists. 

 

Late PS4 gen lists became noticeably easier, and now PS5 ones are even more so. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

People bitch when a trophy list is too hard, when it is too easy people bitch about it being a bunch of participation trophies.

 

I don't have a PS5, and I'm not exactly compelled to pay full price for this game, especially when Aloy looks fucking ugly in contrast to the original game. Maybe at $20 or less, if I get a PS5 in the future sometime, this may be appealing. But I'm not paying full price.

 

All these complainers on YouTube and elsewhere who still buy the game at launch and do early review videos on their channels are just contributing to the decline of the gaming industry.

It’s definitely more than worth full price. She looks no different in this game, you’re insane dude. The gaming industry is on the Incline if anything. AJ always with the bad takes. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slava said:

 

I believe this is a recent trend. The PS3 gen and early PS4 had a fair share of tough first party plats. Guerrilla Games' own Killzone series has never had easy trophy lists. 

 

Late PS4 gen lists became noticeably easier, and now PS5 ones are even more so. 

 


I never touched Killzone: Shadowfall and I don’t know how the game is in regards to online nowadays. Looks like you can mostly solo the online, but a couple trophies require boosting partners.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It’s definitely more than worth full price. She looks no different in this game, you’re insane dude. The gaming industry is on the Incline if anything. AJ always with the bad takes. 

He might be referring to early screen shots from last year where Aloy looked like they gave her a rounder face which made her look odd. But you can see they fixed that in the recent footage we got. If anything, PS5 gives more skin textures and her freckles stick out more...but other than that she looks pretty much the same. But I also agree that I don't need a sexy female protagonist to enjoy the game...it doesn't make Aloy any less of a bad ass. 

Edited by Viper
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Viper said:

He might be referring to early screen shots from last year where Aloy looked like they gave her a rounder face which made her look odd. But you can see they fixed that in the recent footage we got. PS5 gives more skin textures and her freckles stick out more...but other than that she looks pretty much the same.

 

That's very good to hear. I've been avoiding trailers and screenshots of the game (so I can have more moments of surprise), so the only information I was seeing concerning the "face change" were google search result pics, and people complaining on reddit and other forums.

 

I agree that not every video game character has to be stunning in appearance, but lessening the attractiveness of an already established character is creepy and weird, so I'm glad that's not the case with Horizon: Forbidden West.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.2.2022 at 8:55 AM, Stardroid said:

Haven't been trophy hunting lately due to everything being such a boring and predictable mess that's just way too easy. Just gonna enjoy the game for what it is though, same like with Elden Ring. But I sure would love it if AAA devs stopped playing it so safe and actually put something nice in for difficulty "junkies" once in a while. Oh well, it is what it is man

Stop being elitist

On 16.2.2022 at 3:34 AM, AJ_Radio said:

 

People bitch when a trophy list is too hard, when it is too easy people bitch about it being a bunch of participation trophies.

 

I don't have a PS5, and I'm not exactly compelled to pay full price for this game, especially when Aloy looks fucking ugly in contrast to the original game. Maybe at $20 or less, if I get a PS5 in the future sometime, this may be appealing. But I'm not paying full price.

 

All these complainers on YouTube and elsewhere who still buy the game at launch and do early review videos on their channels are just contributing to the decline of the gaming industry.

What decline

On 15.2.2022 at 7:11 AM, kaltezhan said:

Gotta say I'm...kinda disappointed actually. Not even need to collect all collectibles, which I think HZD nailed. They were few and had a meaningful reason behind each one of them. Not even 40 total, unlike those bloated 400+ Ubi mess.

 

I'll still do everything because I think HFW will be a hell of a game, but a trophy for 100% completion would be nice. Plus, the trophy names are still boring, guess that's a thing of the franchise now.

 

Whish more games took an inspiration on Uncharted trophy lists. Love the combination of "find collectibles, try to do this challenge and beat the game" formula

Not every platinum has to be hard. Not everyone wants that. 

On 14.2.2022 at 0:10 PM, Stardroid said:

Like always the thread will get hijacked by strawmen strawmanning with their strawman arguments. Nobody in here is claiming easy lists are the end of the world. What is being said is that by far the most dominating type of list in the AAA sphere and also indie are increasingly easy. Why are some of you shaming people who just want harder trophies from time to time. The fact that some of you are oblivious to the fact that you mock a certain type of trophy hunter while simultaneously preaching inclusiveness for all gamers ... How does this hypocrisy escape you people. I'm so tired of almost always having to justify myself why I think I want a challenging trophy list from time to time! It's almost like I experience a hobby differently from you! You have your easy lists, you guys have plenty of them! I don't! I have to look into the obscure corners of the gaming world for a challenging list or I have to add my own challenges! Like speedrunning Bound and Shadow of the Colossus. Some of you guys really need to unplug the head from your butts and stop being hypocrites. You are in no position to tell anyone how to experience trophy hunting, and you shouldn't strawman what is being said in order to pretend there is some elitist plot going on here by some hardcore gamers who just don't want the average joe to get tuh trophiez! I swear some of you think you're smarter than you really are. 

 

It's whatever to me now though, this discussion has been done to death and it's always the same anyway. I don't think I've ever met anyone in the UR hunting community either who is like "these damn casuals, brooo, hate them". Nobody cares. All some of us want are challenging and more creative lists. Enjoy your argument though, I ain't having any of it anymore. 

There's a line and certain elitist trophy hunters cross it by mocking games that have an easier platinum. This trophy list seems to somewhat fulfill both sides. Also you can't preach about inclusion and then want harder trophies, which not everyone will be able to obtain for several reasons.

On 14.2.2022 at 0:52 PM, Biscoito18 said:

Another boring platinum title. Jesus, literally anything other than this or Platinum Trophy would be better. Lazy trophy titles overall.

Why so hateful? Gaming is about more than trophies. It's sad that you forgot

On 14.2.2022 at 0:56 PM, AK-1138 said:

Whelp, the names may be uncreative as shit as ever, but at least they've learned to typeset their trophy titles to a tee this time.

 

Baaaaaaaaaaaaby steps. Maybe by the time we get Horizon: The Secret of Saurus Rock on PS7 in 2034, they might have even started making some those wacky out of the box trophies that seem to be a dying trend anyway.

Why mock it? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read on a Dutch site that Sony will plant a tree/flowers for every player unlocking a trophy called 'Reached the Daunt' (it's one of the hidden trophies I presume).

I quote: "In concrete terms, Sony is participating in three reforestation projects in this way, each of which requires around 288,000 trees. With the expected sales figures of Horizon Forbidden West, there is a real chance that all projects can be completed."

Said trophy, which can be earned early in the game, needs to be earned before the 25th of March.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say the trophy card is very consistent with Horizon: Zero Dawn and while I don't particularly think it's very nice looking, I appreciate Guerilla making it look like it's predecessor and from the same franchise. That doesn't go unnoticed!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm personally very happy with this list, looks just the right length for me to fit it in with releases of Elden Ring and GT7 soon, which I'm anticipating will take a lot longer (GT trophy lists.. 😬)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

I just read on a Dutch site that Sony will plant a tree/flowers for every player unlocking a trophy called 'Reached the Daunt' (it's one of the hidden trophies I presume).

I quote: "In concrete terms, Sony is participating in three reforestation projects in this way, each of which requires around 288,000 trees. With the expected sales figures of Horizon Forbidden West, there is a real chance that all projects can be completed."

Said trophy, which can be earned early in the game, needs to be earned before the 25th of March.

 

19 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Congrats trophy hunters. Your hobby has the epiphenomena capacity give a home to at least thousands of critters and a dozen birds, per “Reached the Daunt” trophy earned.

 

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/sony-planting-trees-for-horizon-forbidden-west-trophy-20220216

 

There was also a thread posted with this info here:

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.