Horizon: Forbidden West Trophy List Revealed

Ghost

6 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

There’s only one or two games you’ve done on your entire trophy account that I would consider impressive or daunting, out of over 100 games played. 

Nobody here suggested Wolfenstein 2 or Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty, since everybody on the forums these days automatically stereotypes these two games as having a challenge. 

I’ve grown bored of these formulaic AAA games, regardless of how impressive the graphics look. 

I don’t know what happened exactly, but I noticed trophy lists started to change around 2016, when Sony moved to California. In the early PS4 era many AAA titles were given challenging lists. Trophy hunting was never really meant to cater to the average gamer. You had to go above and beyond to earn a lot of platinums.

Now they’re being handed out as participation awards, and looking at the indie scene they’re even worse. 

We’re so used to just being handed stuff on a silver platter and this goes beyond trophy hunting or even gaming. It’s the times we live in now. People who do go after challenges were always the minority. But it’s sort of irksome that AAA games are starting to become “Point A to Point B” type of experiences. Casting out trophies, these games are significantly easier than AAA games were even 10 - 15 years ago. On Normal difficulty, just getting thru the story was somewhat of a challenge for a lot of people. Now they’re just a lot easier, where you can get your 10 year old son to play thru the storyline without much trouble. 

This is why I still hope Elden Ring will remain a fulfilling and satisfying challenge when it releases. Japanese developers, not including indie games, seem to be the only ones left who are still putting challenge in their titles when you play on Normal difficulty. Nowadays most western made AAA games are piss easy on Normal. Hard difficulty is now the new Normal difficulty, and so on. 

There’s all that other stuff I don’t like about modern gaming, but that’s another subject for another time.

TL;DR but maybe just maybe all these easy trophy lists will lead people back to the time when you just played games for fun and didn't know what trophies were. If you wanted to 100% Megaman X for example,  you would do it and enjoy it and be done with it. Rather than doing it because as you put it very apropos, are getting handed a participation award.

13 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Sounds good to me. Happy to not see the hard mode and new game+ trophies again. At least not yet. 

yeah i expect hard mode or a NG+ trophy to be added later as an extra.

6 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

No, but I don't know every game that has been released since 2019 (nor did I suggest that they needed to have been released within the last three years) and difficulty is subjective due to the basis being the skills of a person which varies for everybody. However, the difficulty of games are irrelevant to my argument being made. I never once said that people weren't allowed to be opinionated. To reiterate what @DrBloodmoney said, "they still have the option to play a game on a higher difficulty, regardless of the baseline requirements of the platinum." In other words, our experiences in a game are only limited by us and not the details of any trophies.

People also still have the option to play a lower difficulty even if a trophy is for beating it on the hardest. Its funny you always see people complaining about how games should be easy lists.. and trophies come second but actively avoid hard trophy lists. I have plenty of sony AAA plats on my profile, ill still play them but i just wish they had some sort of challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

There’s only one or two games you’ve done on your entire trophy account that I would consider impressive or daunting, out of over 100 games played. 

Nobody here suggested Wolfenstein 2 or Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty, since everybody on the forums these days automatically stereotypes these two games as having a challenge. 

I’ve grown bored of these formulaic AAA games, regardless of how impressive the graphics look. 

I don’t know what happened exactly, but I noticed trophy lists started to change around 2016, when Sony moved to California. In the early PS4 era many AAA titles were given challenging lists. Trophy hunting was never really meant to cater to the average gamer. You had to go above and beyond to earn a lot of platinums.

Now they’re being handed out as participation awards, and looking at the indie scene they’re even worse. 

We’re so used to just being handed stuff on a silver platter and this goes beyond trophy hunting or even gaming. It’s the times we live in now. People who do go after challenges were always the minority. But it’s sort of irksome that AAA games are starting to become “Point A to Point B” type of experiences. Casting out trophies, these games are significantly easier than AAA games were even 10 - 15 years ago. On Normal difficulty, just getting thru the story was somewhat of a challenge for a lot of people. Now they’re just a lot easier, where you can get your 10 year old son to play thru the storyline without much trouble. 

This is why I still hope Elden Ring will remain a fulfilling and satisfying challenge when it releases. Japanese developers, not including indie games, seem to be the only ones left who are still putting challenge in their titles when you play on Normal difficulty. Nowadays most western made AAA games are piss easy on Normal. Hard difficulty is now the new Normal difficulty, and so on. 

There’s all that other stuff I don’t like about modern gaming, but that’s another subject for another time.

What reason was there for mentioning the games that I have played? I'm not trying to impress other people (including yourself) with the games that I have played.

The purpose of games isn't solely for challenges, but goals, rules, and interactions and involving mental and/or physical stimulation. People who prefer to experience the goals, rules, and/or interactions aspects of gaming instead should be allowed to enjoy them without being criticized for not challenging themselves. For a community that embraces the inclusiveness, the prospect of a game being more accessible for 10-year-olds should be encouraging.

Elden Ring, if challenging, might be satisfying for you to experience. Whereas Horizon: Forbidden West, if interactive, should allow me to experience the game in a satisfying way. There's no obligation for people to play any games that they lack the interest in (whatever the reason may be). However, the aggression and sensitivity from people who think differently is unnecessary.

Anyway, the replies are becoming off-topic. Especially with the notion of people who are privileged being entitled to things in and out of gaming.

15 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

People also still have the option to play a lower difficulty even if a trophy is for beating it on the hardest. Its funny you always see people complaining about how games should be easy lists.. and trophies come second but actively avoid hard trophy lists. I have plenty of sony AAA plats on my profile, ill still play them but i just wish they had some sort of challenge.

I understand. The premise in what they said is that a game can be played and completed on any difficulty regardless of details for trophies. Are you referring to me complaining about trophies that require you to complete something challenging, how we should prioritize trophies second, and not playing any games that are difficult? The challenge doesn't need to be limited by any trophies. We limit the challenge for ourselves by expectations.

34 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

I understand. The premise in what they said is that a game can be played and completed on any difficulty regardless of details for trophies. Are you referring to me complaining about trophies that require you to complete something challenging, how we should prioritize trophies second, and not playing any games that are difficult? The challenge doesn't need to be limited by any trophies. We limit the challenge for ourselves by expectations.

Im speaking in general.. not just you, but First trophies are optional so why do so many people complain? I guess im contradicting myself here but the point remains.. The game can still be enjoyed wether you get the plat or not so why not make it a decently challenging trophy list?

I still play easy AAA games and others dont even touch hard games because of optional trophies. 

Edit: this is my last post, im just speaking in circles at this point lol.

Edited by offdutysuperhero

1 minute ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Im speaking in general.. not just you, but First trophies are optional so why do so many people complain? I guess im contradicting myself here but the point remains.. The game can still be enjoyed wether you get the plat or not so why not make it decently challenging?

I still play easy AAA games and others dont even touch hard games because of optional trophies. 

Speaking only for myself, I usually prefer games for their story and not difficulty. Especially since the difficulty of games can ruin my experience (such as Kena: Bridge Of Spirits). Not that I have done any of the things that were mentioned by you previously as Kena: Bridge Of Spirits, Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4), and more wouldn't be played.

12 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

I never said that people weren't allowed to be opinionated. However, there were other replies in the topic (that have since been removed) where members replied with insults more than just being a "non-inclusive elitist". Not to mention the ironic hypocrisy in calling others hypocrites while being hypocritical themselves.

Please, point out the hypocrisy of these people. Also this argument that you can superficially increase the difficulty is some of the dumbest shit. We are on a TROPHY hunting website. Get it? Trophies, actual trophies. It does not matter if you can artificially increase the difficulty by cutting off two of your fingers and taking a huge shot of whisky before every chapter so you get so intoxicated the world started spinning. 

T R O P H I E S. Some of us want more difficult T R O P H I E S. Is it really that hard to understand? This website is about trophies, yes I said it, trophies! No wonder Arcesius also doesn't bother replying anymore. It's like you guys never had an original thought in your lives! It's all just the same thing on repeat, but to make it worse, the things you're saying don't even make sense. Have you seen the front page lately and their trophy lists? It's almost all filler content with 90 percent rarities, then a good chunk of auto pop trophies and almost NO difficult t r o p h y lists. What kind of a weird argument is that as well that trophies don't "need" to be difficult. Trophies don't need to be anything. What point is this even trying to make? That therefore we can't have difficult trophy lists? How do you not understand how backward this sort of logic is? Just to prove the point: Trophy lists don't NEED to be easy either and to reiterate DrBloodCreditCard his point! Just because a trophy list is super difficult doesn't mean you can just play the game on the easiest difficulty and turn on god mode! 

I am parodying you here. Because it matters nothing what you can do outside of trophies, as we are talking about them specifically. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

Please, point out the hypocrisy of these people. Also this argument that you can superficially increase the difficulty is some of the dumbest shit. We are on a TROPHY hunting website. Get it? Trophies, actual trophies. It does not matter if you can artificially increase the difficulty by cutting off two of your fingers and taking a huge shot of whisky before every chapter so you get so intoxicated the world started spinning. 

T R O P H I E S. Some of us want more difficult T R O P H I E S. Is it really that hard to understand? This website is about trophies, yes I said it, trophies! No wonder Arcesius also doesn't bother replying anymore. It's like you guys never had an original thought in your lives! It's all just the same thing on repeat, but to make it worse, the things you're saying don't even make sense. Have you seen the front page lately and their trophy lists? It's almost all filler content with 90 percent rarities, then a good chunk of auto pop trophies and almost NO difficult t r o p h y lists. What kind of a weird argument is that as well that trophies don't "need" to be difficult. Trophies don't need to be anything. What point is this even trying to make? That therefore we can't have difficult trophy lists? How do you not understand how backward this sort of logic is? Just to prove the point: Trophy lists don't NEED to be easy either and to reiterate DrBloodCreditCard his point! Just because a trophy list is super difficult doesn't mean you can just play the game on the easiest difficulty and turn on god mode! 

I am parodying you here. Because it matters nothing what you can do outside of trophies, as we are talking about them specifically. 

Then play the games that were intended for difficulty such as those developed by FromSoftware.

I already said that trophies don't need to be anything but what they already are (whether the difficulty is easy or hard).

Which is part of the issue.

Edit: I'm excusing myself from the conversation and more if necessary now.

Edited by notandrebraun
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Then play the games that were intended for difficulty such as those developed by FromSoftware.

I already said that trophies don't need to be anything but what they already are (whether the difficulty is easy or hard).

Which is part of the issue.

And now again you are using the argument that we should simply play the games that have this difficulty. Are you being silly on purpose? Because like previously I have already pointed out that these games are scarce which is.why.some.of.us.are.wanting.for.more.difficult.trophies. Did you also really just repeated the same thing even though I explained to you five minutes ago why it makes no sense? 

By the way, it's already confirmed by multiple sources with hand on access that Elden Ring will be easier than its predecessors. Way to ignore half my post of course and not point out the actual hypocrisy of people. There is nothing wrong with wanting more challenging trophies, there is nothing wrong with pointing out how many terrible lists are being published. Stop parroting the faulty arguments people use before you. You don't even put a spin on them. It's just a cassette on repeat. Our hobby is trophy hunting, so no, we shouldn't go outside of trophies for more challenges as we hunt Trophies. I hope you now understand how it makes NO sense to ask people like me to just not care about our actual hobby and find other ways. 

Edited by Stardroid
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, thecman_25 said:

Trophy Hunters are entitled asf. I love seeing them cry like little girls when a trophy list is too easy for them

You should see the tears that are shed whenever a trophy list is too hard and the lenghts some will go to out of sheer desperation in order to have it completed. Little known fact but It's scientifically proven that those tears make up for about a third of the earth's water supply. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2