A Friend in Need... Trophy

BigBossSkillz

There's an area around the downtown metro station that will continually spawn survivor encounters. Circle that metro station until you find the area they spawn at, save him and then head back to the metro station, quit back to the main menu so it saves your progress and also to reset the spawn, reload the game and head back to the same spot and another survivor will always be there or somewhere near that general area. Rinse and repeat. Only encounters where you actually save a survivor count; the bandit chases, saving a peacekeeper and the guarded chest encounters don't seem to count towards it. 

Survivor encounters seem to be significantly less frequent after you beat the story and this seems to be the only efficient way to get them post-game. 

Edited by mega-tallica

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

There's an area around the downtown metro station that will continually spawn survivor encounters. Circle that metro station until you find the area they spawn at, save him and then head back to the metro station, quit back to the main menu so it saves your progress and also to reset the spawn, reload the game and head back to the same spot and another survivor will always be there or somewhere near that general area. Rinse and repeat. Only encounters where you actually save a survivor count; the bandit chases, saving a peacekeeper and the guarded chest encounters don't seem to count towards it. 

Survivor encounters seem to be significantly less frequent after you beat the story and this seems to be the only efficient way to get them post-game. 

i tried this and i cant pick him up even though i have the boosters and uv 

Does saving a PK work or does it have to be a survivor? Probably a silly question but they are all I’m getting as I’ve assigned all factions to them so far (one place remaining) 

I wonder if going fully survivor would change this to mainly them needing to be saved 

Edit- just read above that they don’t seem to count! That sucks 

Edited by mikem192

1 hour ago, BigBossSkillz said:

i tried this and i cant pick him up even though i have the boosters and uv 

Try crafting a new booster and then it should then give you the option to give it to him. 

That's another little bug in the game where it sometimes it doesn't detect what you already have in your inventory but crafting a new one gets around it. 

• 2 months later...
On 14/02/2022 at 7:58 PM, mikem192 said:

Does saving a PK work or does it have to be a survivor? Probably a silly question but they are all I’m getting as I’ve assigned all factions to them so far (one place remaining) 

I wonder if going fully survivor would change this to mainly them needing to be saved 

Edit- just read above that they don’t seem to count! That sucks 

Can confirm saving Peacekeepers do count towards the trophy. I saved one being hung by the Renegades and it popped when I killed the last one, completing the encounter. 

9 hours ago, KLLMx said:

Can confirm saving Peacekeepers do count towards the trophy. I saved one being hung by the Renegades and it popped when I killed the last one, completing the encounter. 

Thanks mate! I can also confirm the same as it happened to me when I got mine (eventually)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, darran1927 said:

I think mines bugged, I’m on new game plus saved about 40 survivors and handful of pks. Plus all the ones from 1st play through which was about 20+ survivors and 30+pks

Well just as I posted this it popped when I saved a pk