Really stupid trophy.

wallewalllllllll

Now I have done some stupid trophies during my hunting days and All that Glitters certainly is one of them.

Collection 5 million? Seriously? First playthrough you barely get 100k, A logical trophy for collecting gold would maybe be around 500 because that's where you land after finishing the game on all difficulties. But having the trophy at 5 million is just stupid, I finished the game weeks ago. I'm spending more time mindlessly killing random monsters than actually playing the story. When I finished Inferno, I had collected like 800k. Currently at 4,3million... I'm certainly not buying any goddamn reaper dlc.

• Like 1

It's such a stupid grind. Extremely pointless one. They removed AH, so money barely has any value. And either way it's so much money, takes a lot of time to loot so it'll be the last thing you do in the game anyway and the gold is supposed to be spent in the game. But it's the last thing to do so it has no value. 

I mean it's so out of nowhere. Out of proportion. They have trophies for 4 difficulties. So you'll have to do 4 playthroughs, that'll get ya less than 1 million. and then out of nowhere a trophy for 5 million coins.

It is very uncalled for, I mean what were they thinking when they made the trophy. "Well let's have a trophy for a certain amount of looted gold!" " What a brilliant idea! Considering the average player will have 500k when they've finished the game on all four difficulties , inferno, hell etc. on  the highest setting: master V... let's put the trophy at... 5 MILLION!"  NOT TO MENTION that they have a trophy for level 60, I still got a million to go and I''m paragon level 20!

IS Diablo about farming gold? OTHERWISE the trophy is stupid as shit, because it seems like they imply it is.

Note that normally I don't have anything against grinding, I had no problem with finishing the game four times.

• Like 2

I didn't rant about grinding xp did I? If I did I'm sorry, tired. But gold is meaningless in Diablo 3 is it not? The whole game was made around AH, which was  removed, thus ruining the concept of gold in Diablo. I have no problem with grinding in Skyrim, Dragon Age or any other RPG for that matter. Hell even Demon's Souls, when I farmed Blade's stones, I did it because atleast it had a goddamn purpose in the game. Atleast it was a logical trophy. Even though the drop rate might have frustrated me, a bit.

There are much more stupider trophies then grinding ones in a RPG.

I agree, but this is just not a common grinding trophy. As I've said, it doesn't really serve any purpose to the game and it's extremely out of proportion. I see two possibilites, either Blizz genuinely thinks that gold is a part of Diablo(which it was until they removed AH) or they were just not thinking when they set the bar for the trophy. I mean 5 million? I've seen trophies that are 100% based on chance, I've seen trophies that are just ridiculously difficult or take long time to do. But I've never seen a trophy in which I'm having such trouble comprehending how they came up with the amount of gold for it. It's ridiculous that you finish ALL other trophies, reached max level, completed the game four/five times, killed Diablo on the highest difficulty, but you're only 1/10 of what's required for all that glitters.

Edited by wallewalllllllll
  • Like 1

Have you played the other diablo games or are you a console baby? (born into console exclusively).

The Diablo series are DUNGEON CRAWLERS. This is a specific type of RPG. You are expected to replay the game numerous times. Hell, I would have liked to see you try the original Inferno difficulty on PC. You needed to farm A1 Inf just to survive the first couple of areas in A2, then farm them to get through A2, and so forth. It took the majority of players 4-5 months to get the gear just to survive.

And guess what, I bet all those players are laughing at the 5 million gold you're complaining about.

Yes, I have countless hours in Diablo 2.

Yes I have aware that I am expected to replay the game several times. Hence "It's ridiculous that you finish ALL other trophies, reached max level, completed the game four/five times, killed Diablo on the highest difficulty, but you're only 1/10 of what's required for all that glitters."

You say people farmed so that they could get the gear to survive. Yes exactly, gear, not gold and since AH is not around gold does not give gear. 

Original inferno difficulty? I'm not playing inferno on easy you now, I killed Diablo on Master V. I've cleared Act 3 like a bazzillion times on Master V inferno. Kind of why I am here ranting.

"And guess what, I bet all those players are laughing at the 5 million gold you're complaining about." Doesn't really change a thing. The trophy is still out of proportion, and stupid. Serves no further purpose, requires no skill. Grinding usually leads to something, like new gear, new areas or anything. Not this time...

• Like 1

The other reason why blizzard set the trophy for that amount is due to the game's inherent challenge system. Challenge's like "Naked Lust" (Defeat Cydaea w/o any items equipped in hell mode or higher). I dont know about you folks, but I tried this in hell mode against the butcherer (40+k of health went to ~900) wont last very long against a demon that has ~2.4m hit points. the gold will only count if you collect the gold that the monsters drop anyways. I think some of the challenges are more stupid than the trophy for collecting 5 million from the game. besides the trophy is part of the gold pickup callange and is just before the 10 million gold picked up (which is the last challenge). Consequently that trophy and all of the challenges that you might think are stupid, are there incase you want to create a new hero(es) to play the game multiple times to see what the game has to offer in the random drops, monsters (demons), and/or map layouts

• Like 1

The Diablo games (on PC at least) are not really designed for traditional game players - they are more for people who have 1 or two games and play them over and over.

Despite how it looks, Diablo is meant to be more an evoulution of the Minesweeper or Solitare windows games than of an RPG. This is why the story is so thin, the grind so long and the game so boring to you or I.

The trophies are made by a PC developer - valve has traditionally done very poor work on console (Portal 2 being the awesome exception) and the trophies reflect that.

PC game players and Console game players are a different breed entirely - Console players usually play more games and of a more diverse genre set that PC guys, who want itteritive honing of what are essentially similar experiences, refined over decades.

One is not better than the other, just different likes and dislikes - but Console players can get a rude awakeing if they start playing what is really a PC game and expect something they will like.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. This is the last trophy I need to plat the game and after 5 playthroughs, max level and hours of grinding for the unicorn level, keywardens and infernal machine I was still only at 3.3 million. Needless to say I have since given up on this trophy and the plat as another 30 - 50 hours of mind numbing gold farming would just suck any enjoyment out of the game.

The other reason why blizzard set the trophy for that amount is due to the game's inherent challenge system. Challenge's like "Naked Lust" (Defeat Cydaea w/o any items equipped in hell mode or higher). I dont know about you folks, but I tried this in hell mode against the butcherer (40+k of health went to ~900) wont last very long against a demon that has ~2.4m hit points. the gold will only count if you collect the gold that the monsters drop anyways. I think some of the challenges are more stupid than the trophy for collecting 5 million from the game. besides the trophy is part of the gold pickup callange and is just before the 10 million gold picked up (which is the last challenge). Consequently that trophy and all of the challenges that you might think are stupid, are there incase you want to create a new hero(es) to play the game multiple times to see what the game has to offer in the random drops, monsters (demons), and/or map layouts

I made several characters? I played the game more than four times, a lot of hours in it. Since you finish all other trophies with less than 1 million, setting the mark at 5 is just stupid. itAnyway there's nothing to do with the gold.

I really don't think its that bad a grind I hit the 500K mark not long ago and havn't even unlocked Hell yet

Well I don't know about you but I didn't wear much gold drop gear during my playthroughs. But then it requires several hours, more than 10 hours, of just clearing act 3 over and over again, on master V with 625% gold drop.

The Diablo games (on PC at least) are not really designed for traditional game players - they are more for people who have 1 or two games and play them over and over.

Despite how it looks, Diablo is meant to be more an evoulution of the Minesweeper or Solitare windows games than of an RPG. This is why the story is so thin, the grind so long and the game so boring to you or I.

The trophies are made by a PC developer - valve has traditionally done very poor work on console (Portal 2 being the awesome exception) and the trophies reflect that.

PC game players and Console game players are a different breed entirely - Console players usually play more games and of a more diverse genre set that PC guys, who want itteritive honing of what are essentially similar experiences, refined over decades.

One is not better than the other, just different likes and dislikes - but Console players can get a rude awakeing if they start playing what is really a PC game and expect something they will like.

Well I play both PC and consoles and I don't regard myself as one or the other. I know PC games, and I know console games, more to the point: I know trophies. This trophy does not encourage a certain game mode, it has nothing to do with story or game mechanics. It's extremely uncalled for, especially in the updated console version

BTW I finally got it!

• 1 month later...

I concur. This is a REALLY STUPID TROPHY. However, whomever supports the idea that gold in Diablo III has anything to with the Real Money Auction House (which is being removed, btw) Obviously didn't pay attention to the last two entires of the Diablo franchise. The Auction House was a complete mistake. Millions of gamers have said this, Thousands of reviewers have said this and Blizzard themselves even have said this. I agree that both PC and Console gamers are two completely different breeds of gamers, and yes, this game in its entirity was probably developed by someone who had no idea what they were doing, developing for today's consoles.

I don't see why you guys are whining about this trophy. It's easy to get to 5 million if you play on Master I or above with a Barb. Simply get 3 stacks and run to the boss fight, rinse and repeat. Mindless, I have no disagreement on that end, but you should of known from the start that this game was going to have these type of standards for farming. If you ask me, 5 million was being generous. 

• 4 months later...

Yep there are some trophies that shouldn't exist. "My Kung Fu Is Stronger" from Mortal Kombat and 'Killing Machine' from Resistance 2 comes to mind.

I'll drink to that x_X  (The horror...)

Anyways isn't there a way now to get some uber edited rings which make this game super easy to grind killing mobs picking up loot N' cash easy cheezy?!

• 2 weeks later...

Although I haven't gotten this trophy yet, I think it is fairly easy to get.  I got over 2 millions gold with my first character, a demon hunter, by the time I finished the inferno mode.   I'm playing with my new bararian now and I'm currently less than 650K gold from getting this trophy.   Since there are 5 character class in the game, by getting about three characters to the inferno mode, we would get this trophy.