Really stupid trophy.

wallewalllllllll

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Agree... the grind is stupid, but I just plat the game and to get the 5 million took me about 2 weeks, you just need the right gear, play in Master V difficulty, Inferno mode, have a Puzzle Ring in order to the more Treasure Goblins that boost your farm and that's it. Stupid but no impossible.

play mugen souls, grind 5 shampuru per battle to get 9999, then 9999 of 101 shampurus, and before you farm those you need to get level 9999 with multiple characters multiple times, to boost your main character, bringing it back to level 1, must do at least 100 times. A good 500-600 hour sjust of grinding

I did diablo 3 plat in 1 month 4 days only playing saturdays, so basically 4 days of gameplay.. this is far from a grind and pretty easy on top of that. Plus I only played on hardcore, thats how easy it is

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I thought I'm gonna plat this game quite fast but this trophy might take some time. It would be nice if it was like 2mil or something like that. I really don't like to farm the s**t out of this game just for one trophy and its not the first time this happend. Got a ton of ther games to play and finish too..

I am currently going for this trophy and completely agree that it is stupid and serves no purpose.  If gold served a purpose on this game I would be okay with it, but since it doesn't it just annoys me.  Also doesn't help that I can't connect online with Diablo even after trying all the fixes.  So it's even more dull having to do it solo.

• 1 year later...

Now I have done some stupid trophies during my hunting days and All that Glitters certainly is one of them.

Collection 5 million? Seriously? First playthrough you barely get 100k, A logical trophy for collecting gold would maybe be around 500 because that's where you land after finishing the game on all difficulties. But having the trophy at 5 million is just stupid, I finished the game weeks ago. I'm spending more time mindlessly killing random monsters than actually playing the story. When I finished Inferno, I had collected like 800k. Currently at 4,3million... I'm certainly not buying any goddamn reaper dlc.

Knowing that you have to collect 5,000,000 gold, there's absolutely no rush to set any records for story mode completion. I set out to get as many of the in-game challenges done during general play, so on all four modes I pretty much full-cleared every map (or at least de-fogged them, only stopping for elites) and entered every dungeon for the first time.

In this way, I earned Deep Pockets (Pick up 500,000 gold.) sometime between killing Diablo on Nightmare and Hell. I also hit Level 60 in the same period and started earning Paragon levels (+3% Magic and Gold find per level). Doing this, Staying Gold (Pick-up 1,000,000 gold) popped for me at the beginning of Act I (Inferno). From level 55 to 60 I had a Goldskin equipped (+100% GF) and Barter Town Pads (+25% GF), Star Emerald (+25% GF). I was also playing on Master I difficulty through Hell and Inferno, increasing my gold find a bit. I also ran most of the game with the best Ruby in my helm (for XP), until I hit level 60, then switched to the best Emerald I could craft (for Gold).

As it stands now, having just completed Inferno mode, I am Paragon 6 (+18% MF/GF) I'm sitting at 1,492,779 Gold. Gold Find on Master 1 is +210% (+143% on Easy). In light of the type of game this is, I don't think 5,000,000 is unreasonable at all.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I did All that Gliters TWICE (once on the 360, once on the PS3) and the thing is, yes its overly long currently but the initial intention i think wasn't that bad. 

What i mean by that is that Diablo 3 was always planned as a long game that you would play countless hours into. The problem is, they decided to release a new version of the game with a different set of trophies/achievements and have you import your save. So if you didn't played a shit ton of Diablo 3 with friends before the initial release of ROS then you would just farm for nothing basically. 

On my first time on the 360 i actually didn't find All that glitchers that bad because i played the game with friends and simply enjoyed it. But on the PS3 years later i did a single player playtrough and my gawd was it terrible long and boring... lol

On 19/01/2014 at 1:12 AM, wallewalllllllll said:

Now I have done some stupid trophies during my hunting days and All that Glitters certainly is one of them.

Collection 5 million? Seriously? First playthrough you barely get 100k, A logical trophy for collecting gold would maybe be around 500 because that's where you land after finishing the game on all difficulties. But having the trophy at 5 million is just stupid, I finished the game weeks ago. I'm spending more time mindlessly killing random monsters than actually playing the story. When I finished Inferno, I had collected like 800k. Currently at 4,3million... I'm certainly not buying any goddamn reaper dlc.

I gave up on the game. The grind really is excessive, and JRPGs are my drug of choice. I got this trophy, but the 500 bounties and level 70 on all classes bored me to death. Life's too short.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

Thats actually in the ROS game, not Diablo 3 vanilla. 

The 500 bounty was really terrible ill agree. What bothered me the most was that i could be doing greater rifts instead of that and have much more fun. Being stuck doing the same boring bounties arg... 

Lev 70 on multiple characters yeah , i guess its them wanting you to try all of them to pick your favorite but ultimately not every player will play this game for hundreds of hours and just gring it all. I mean this game story is underrated, its actually very fun to progress through, and i could totally see players just wanting to play the game for the sake of enjoying its story. So asking for that many playtrough seem a bit excessive

That being said, it coud had been much worst, when you have a look at the in game challenges and such... ouch. Im glad ultimately i was able to 1000/1000 this game 3 times on Xbox 360/One. And now im going for the platinum of the D3 vanilla on PS3. But ill end it there, no ROS playtrough lol, i played this game enough :P

• 1 year later...

I think that the 5M gold trophy isn’t that bad. It’s a long way to get that milestone, yes, but Diablo saga always has been a long time consuming RPG and it was made in that way. If you play with all the characters and reach max level with all of them, the gold trophy will pop eventually.

I played the original game back in 2012 on PC and years later I get the Diablo III PS3 platinum. This days I’m playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PS3 version.

If you like playing this kind of games, you know that 5M of gold is a reasonable  amount. Don’t try to do a speed-run in this game to get all the trophies. Just enjoy it. Always better with three friends and voice chat. Have a nice hunt buds.

=)

Edited by Desavenencia
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...