Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

I'd say this thread would probably be more at home in the Playstation Network forum. But anyways... ;)

When I was 13, I came up with the name Dreakon. I'm 24 years young at the moment. It started as Dreakon13 so I'd always remember when I thought of it, but I dropped the numbers at some point. It became a favorite of mine and I use it everywhere. I took Drake (no relation to Nathan Drake) and spun it around to play nice with a -on appended to the end. Drakeon, Dreakon. It's funny listening to some people try to pronounce it. Drake-in is how I pronounce it and always have.

Dreakon is my favorite iteration of it. It was taken on PSN so I originally used Dreakon13 on my old account. Since I've moved to a new account (didn't like my cluttered trophy list with games I didn't intend to complete or play again), I chose to tack a 9 on the end. Dreakon139.

Mine is so un-original, but easy to remember: My first name and middle and last initial.

I for many years used the name Lucifer, but got tired of it after 10 years or so, and ever since, I have always used Wade_VC on all the forums, sites, PSN, etc., that I use or visit.

• Like 2

My original account was ClankXIII, as in Clank from Ratchet & Clank and roman numeral thirteen. I later changed it cause I didn't want to be obviously associated with a game. So I changed it to Azakos, which is just a made up name. I originally wanted just Azako, but it was taken, so I slapped on an 's'. It's my online persona now. I pronounce it 'Uh-zay-kohs' but I've heard plenty of other ways online.

• Like 2

FAoOH = "Fallen Angels of Outer Heaven" - Old MGS clan that was formed a while back with me and a few other folks from an old MySpace group dedicated to the games, back when MGS3 first came out. We'd actually created characters and what not for it, just for fun - like an actual organization in MGS - IE: Foxhound, Dead Cell, and Cobra Unit.

"x" = A spacer. Nothing more, nothing less.

"SniperFox" = A blend of multiple things - my two favorite MGS characters [sniper Wolf/Gray Fox], my favorite style of weapon [sniper Rifle], and my second favorite animal [Fox].

More often than not, I just go by "SniperFox", the "FAoOHx" gets added if it's already taken. I also go by just "Fox" - like on Arcade score screens and such.

I actually used to go by "sabrewulf1879/sabrewulf1880" - a more obvious reference name - the reference being Killer Instinct, and again, my favorite character from the game. The 1879/1880 were just random numbers.

• Like 2

My name is just the 1st initial of my 1st name 'Eric' part of my last name 'Burk' and finish it off with the deadly tuberculosis virus. A play on words I guess. I don't have tuberculosis or anything. :P I think it originated as my rap battle stage name. Rap, Internet and video games...serious business...

• Like 3

Ok, I used to be known as 'dethklokdan1991'. I made up that name because I liked Dethklok at the time, my name is Dan and I was born in '91. My first PS3 YLOD so I decided to start over new on the new slim I got last year. I still wanted to keep 'Deth' since everyone here called me Deth. I wanted something that could rhyme with it... I tried Deth_Meth, but that sounded dumb so I picked Deth_Breath.

Back thirty years ago I spent a lot of time with my uncles fishing, hunting, etc. I was used to being called "Hey boy get us a couple beers". As I grew up they decided to change it from "boy" to "roy". One drunk evening an uncle slurred them together and "broy" became my nickname for the last 25 years. 300 refers to my bowling background, and since 300 is perfection in 10 pin bowling I combined the two......broy300

• Like 3