Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

My username comes from my youtube account that was banned for having a great number of episodes of Dragonball Z in portuguese, the origin itself was quite random, DP are the first letters of my first and last name (David Paixão) and the rest was random :P

• 3 weeks later...

My PSN name come from two different sources.  The first part "Scorp" is the name of a playable character from Saturday Night Slam Masters on SNES, which matches my Zodiak sign of Scorpio.  The 2nd part, "Wild", comes from my favorite NHL hockey team, the Minnesota Wild.  This is how I came up with my PSN name Scorp_Wild.

There's quite a bit of story behind my id (ElfenSky).

Many people think it comes from the anime "ElfenLied", they couldn't be more wrong though, at the time I created this nickname I didn't watch anime (yet, I'm a big fan now).

I first needed an nickname when I was ~11-12, started to play RuneScape... At the time I looked up to an older friend of mine, so I copied his and became Metalist00. As I grew up, I started to dislike the nickname though, for various reason: I wanted to have 'my own' identity, I disliked numbers at the end, it looked "uncool", etc...

So I began the search for a new one. At that time I still only played RuneScape and didn't have a PSN or anything internet related, really. I however, really liked to read, fantasy mainly, and I loved books where Elves existed. (LotR serie as a big example). I liked their race, their looks, the funny pointy ears...

And so came the first part of my name. I know that spelled correctly, it should be written "Elves", thing is, purely graphically, "Elfen" looks better. That would have been the end of the road, but "Elfen"-nickname was taken. So I had to find a second part.

I always liked the sky, at night the stars are beautiful, I remember how I liked, when I was young to lie down in the garden and look at them. So, here's where the second part comes from ;)

Pleased to meet you guys.

ElfenSky ;)

• Like 1

Though the name was actually my mom's idea (I was young when I first started using the internet), I can say that the W stands for my first name, which is Walter. Truth be told, I don't like dogs. The hyphen is a fairly new addition because when I got my PS3, I already had an account on my PSP, but I didn't remember the password, so I put the hyphen there to differentiate between the two accounts.

I have a friend from college who once a month would give me a new nickname.  This was the only one he gave me that I wanted to stick.  I hoped using it as a Gamertag would help expedite that.  I don;t know how he thought of it, but I know it partially comes from my last name Seaman.

Edited by Seamoni

My username is an intentional misspelling of an Inuit word for a gigantic wolf in their mythology. Correct spelling is Amarok

Per Wikipedia:

It is said to hunt down and devour anyone foolish enough to hunt alone at night. Unlike real wolves who hunt in packs, Amarok hunts alone.

Urgh. My first name and my generally favourite genre of music. Imaginative I know. 

I used to DJ, so back when I previously thought that's what I'd be doing with my life I wanted to base the name on that. But I found out the name I was mixing under, DJ Machete, was also in use by someone already more successful in USA (I live in England). My previous PSN name was even that (DJ_Machete). I did my last few events just as 'Ché' but I think there's already a DJ Che as well lol. Didn't want to keep the old PSN name so chose this as was in a rush to start rebuilding my admittedly minuscule trophy collection!

Hello, being a member in the LGBT community, I decided to go with Gay_Angel a few years back when this account was made. I wanted to meet and know other LGBT gamers as well as supporting individuals ( even if not LGBT ) of this community which was mostly the reason I went with it. To this day I have met and made many friends, from different ages, different backgrounds, to different parts of the world. This makes me very joyful!
My apologies if this is a long post to read, and there is still much more but I'll keep it short. Thank you for your time.
Ps- Loving PSN Profiles, I should have joined sooner!

• Like 1