Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

220px-Superunknown.jpg

Mine is based on the title of the song/album Superunknown by Soundgarden, one of my favourite bands of all time.

I used the screen name superunknown on other forums over a decade ago but it was already taken on the PlayStation Network when I got my PS3 in Dec '08, so instead of adding a bunch of random numbers to the end, I just changed it to include my first name instead. Officially it's Donald but I find it too formal, I always introduce myself as Donny to friends.

A lot of people confuse it, thinking it's in Spanish, meaning "Super One Donny" or something along those lines, but isn't the case at all.  :huh: 

i got mines from when i was playing star ocean 3 an one of the NPC characters was named Ameena, i liked it but wanted it to be different so just took out the e an gave it to one of my OCs an the 16 was just how old i was when i made the account lol

My psn name is a misspelling of the final boss from an N64 fighting game called, 'Flying Dragon'. It was the first game i ever bought with my own money, which is strange since i really don't like fighting games. I guess at that time in my life i didn't really have a preferred genre and played anything i saw and could afford.

I have fond memories of that game because it did something i never seen any other fighting game do, which was add rpg elements to the story mode. You could attach items that would gain experience the more you fought. Not only that, there was a seperate 'Adult' mode in the game that took most of the story mode characters (who were chibi looking) and made them adult in a Tekken style fighting similator. It felt like i was getting two games in one!

The character of Ryumaou himself, was pretty generic looking back on it. But at the time i really liked his character design in both adult and story modes. He also had a cool special attack.

That's a good question.  When making my PSN account I was told that I couldn't use the same name I use for my e-mail address, so I literally wrote the first thing that came into my mind,  Does it mean anything?  I have no idea.  Maybe it's based on something I heard.  Maybe it means something in a different language.  Maybe it's a code that has been dormant on my head, which I have to break in order to access the Lost City of Gold so I can destroy the curse and save the fate of the planet.  Maybe it's the sound I make when I choke on rice.  Who knows?  I kinda liked it enough to use in other places.

Lux was my nickname on other sites before I registered on PSN because I used the name "Luxtra" (German name of my favourite Pokémon at that time, Luxray) on those sites. But Lux was already taken on PSN, so I added something. I really like Kingdom Hearts, that's why I added Vanitas. It sounded better than LuxRiku, LuxRoxas or LuxSora in my ears.

Edited by LuxVanitas

Mine has a somewhat long explanation.

The Ex part is from the leader of my old guild in Ragnarok Online. All his characters were named Ex something, so I started using it a couple years after I stopped playing. As a sort of homage to both him and the time I spent playing RO.

The Haseo part comes from .hack//G.U. Haseo is the main character in the series, and probably my favorite character of all time.

• Like 1

Mine is quite simple too, I pressed the random name creation button on the xbox live gamer tag creation thing which puts together two words, I liked EasiestFool since EF was alphabetical.  I spelt it wrong when I moved over the PSN though and I only noticed when I tried to find myself on here for the first time.

I pretend it was intentional though, but it wasn't :P