Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

In my own language:

Aku = Me

Wah = You know

It's like, watashi da yo, it's me you know. 

I didn't put a lot of thought into making my username because I didn't know I'd go online quite often (I had no consistent internet connection back then)

Edited by AKUWAH
  • Like 1

I've heard some people call me "yoomy" or "yummy" :giggle: I usually just go by Jam (,which I love when people scream at me in text,) or by whatever nicknames people come up with but Yume is alright too.

夢Jam is my name. Both names kinda touch on the randomness & spectralness I tend to show. Some synonyms of jam fit my personality & interests etc, for example in terms of music/freestyle/improvisation/jumping into an activity & doing it well or enjoying it, especially with other people. I also play a lot of Guitar Hero & my name fits perfectly for how I play and the charactors I use in it.

"夢" "yume" (sounds like "you may") means 'dream'. I REALLY love to dream & to talk about them with people, and dreams (among other things) are my highest interest. My dreams. Your dreams. Lucid dreams. Surreal dreams. Clairvoyant dreams. Nostalgic dreams. Dreams❣ There are also a lot of other entendres that I'm too sleepy to remember right now.

I love the sheer coincidence that Kuradoberi Jam from the Guilty Gear series (my favourite of all time (not an exclusive distinction)) has a in her name. She's someone I'd love to be close friends with. Except she's not real etc.

edit: 'jam' fits into some Kirby/MegaMan/Peter Petrelli qualities about me :3

Edited by Yume-Jam
  • Like 1

A couple years ago I had a really good friend who I could talk to about anything. She was two years younger than me but it felt like she was much more mature than me and everyone else I knew. She was really sweet too and I was happy to call her my best friend. We'll call her Jane out of respect for the duration of this post. Jane and I talked whenever we could and she would always make up nicknames for me, but her favorite one was Nickykinz. She never stuck with one particular nickname for more than about a month at the most but this one, Nickykinz - it stood out. She loved it and she continued to call me that same name for an entire year.

Unfortunately, Jane committed suicide about three years ago (just before I got a PlayStation 3 and created my PlayStation Network account). Now, in case that didn't make it painfully obvious, Nickykinz is sort of my way of remembering her in the absence of her presence. I know - very anti-climatic. Still, I just felt that it deserved a proper explanation so there you have it. That's the reasoning behind my PSN ID.

あの男 (ano otoko (not "an know Auto Co.")) is a central character in the Guilty Gear series. Simply refered to as "That Man," he's well-known of and/or sought after by an interesting group of individuals for different reasons, and himself is very knowledgeable and mysterious. He's at least indirectly responsible for the events in the canon of the entire series.

I consider many Guilty Gear characters alter-egos of myself, and That Man is one of them, especially for his mystery(ousness). I also coincidently sometimes dress like him in real life and dreams.

Given this chosen identity, I get a small kick out of the people who ask if I'm a girl in Home. It's never "are you male?" or "what's your gender?" Always "are you a girl?" So literally, "is that man a girl?"

Anyway, Ano0toko ended up a persona I use on PSN & around the 'net because while I have several alter-egos & personas, a lot of them are in Guilty Gear, so That Man somewhat ties it all together while at the same time not feeling too specific/ limited/ singular. Although I'm not quite comfortable keeping the same name and/or face for too long at a time…

Ano0toko.png

Edited by Ano0toko

Well, the 1st time i made my PSN account, i tried many names that i think it will sound cool and people will remember it easily

But i was failed because some people already used it

And somehow, i remember the name of my most favorite food from my country (indonesia): Rendang Sapi

So i tried it and no one used it, haha  :yay:

You guys should taste Rendang Sapi, because it's sooooooo delicious! 

The easiest way to describe it maybe it's like kare with meat cow, but this a bit spicy and savory

Rendang.jpg

• Like 1