Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

My name comes from the three types of games I love: shooters, racers, and fighters. I didn't know it was a basketball term (lifelong soccer player here) until a few years after I made it on Dec 26th, 2007. Its versatile and I love it. I'd love to clean up my trophy list but I love my name even more. 

I feel like I've posted here, but it could have been in a similar thread in any number of forums (the search didn't pull up anything).

Back in da days of infant YouTube, there was a group of guys called "My Way Entertainment" that, among a couple of other things, did goofy redubs of cartoons. The one they're most known for is the "Juggernaut Bitch" and that line even made it into X-Men 3 and prompted a near standing ovation when I saw it in theaters. They did a couple of episodes of the original Power Rangers, the first one being "Gangsta Crizzab". Each ranger has a different name and the Blue Ranger's is King Chile. The way the guy said the line always cracked me up and it just ended up being associated with me somehow, so when it came time to make a PSN name, it just came to mind.

If I had an alternate, it would be AnythingButTangerines (an Earthworm Jim 2 reference), but that's not as personal sounding and is 21 characters rather than 16.

A dear friend of mine often compliments my voice while we converse. There were multiple times she'd say it is music or musical.

In one such moment, with her I coined the word "euphonicist" to describe someone with a lovely, pleasing, or "euphonic" voice. It remains one of my titles.

(I'd never think of my voice as music but I really love & appreciate her feeling that way & letting me know so kindly & repeatedly as she did ^___^)

• Like 1

I made mine up when i was a child, i thought it was genius because it was like 'im so retarded i cant even spell it' when i told my friend he claimed that he made it up and that he told it to me and i stole it.

so naturally being the stubborn little child i was i got defensive and made it into all my usernames for everything. once i realised it was something that was never taken up and was simplistic it kinda became an on-going thing.

Well, god didn't relly bless me with the gift of creativity, so choosing a name or alter ego for myself is always a pain in the ass for me.

So, GameCoreX - GAME should be pretty obvious, I think; CORE shows my dedication to Core Music genre in general; the X stands for my straightedge lifestyle.

There you go.

I was really into horror movies when I was i school, but not much scared me, until i saw The Ring, it was the first Asian horror i'd ever seen and it scared me half to death, my name is taken from the antagonist Sadako, 18 was my age when I signed up for PSN :)

• Like 1

I was really into horror movies when I was i school, but not much scared me, until i saw The Ring, it was the first Asian horror i'd ever seen and it scared me half to death, my name is taken from the antagonist Sadako, 18 was my age when I signed up for PSN :)

Your PSN avatar goes perfect with your ID :P

I love boxing, Catskill is a small town in up state new york where the legendary trainer Cus D'amato trained fighters and he took a young boy named Mike and taught him many skills training in Catskill so when he was fighting in his early days the announcers dubbed him Kid Catskill, this young boy would go on to become Mike Tyson.