Maitre

Where does your PSN username come from?

1,224 posts in this topic

My Surname is Cook so cuckie was something I used to get called off a few people. I like how my name is just simple with only letters in it.

History behind the username [ Yaegur ]:

Jäger (German Pronunciation as in Yaegeris a German military term adopted in 1631 by the Landgrave of Hesse when he first formed an elite infantry unit out of his professional Hunters (Jäger) and Rangers (Forstleute) in the Hessian Army. During the Age of Enlightenment in German speaking states (and others influenced by them) Jäger is used to describe Elite Light Infantry, especially Skirmishers, Scouts, Sharpshooters and CouriersJäger, which means "Hunter" or "Huntsman", came by extension to denote light infantrymen whose forester background made them suitable for skirmishing as individuals rather than as a drilled and regimented body of soldiers. Often they came from families with a tradition of service to one feudal lord. Initially Jägers made use of their own precision made rifles: a more accurate weapon with a longer range than the muskets used by line troops.

Jäger, in its original sense of light infantry, is usually translated into English as Rifleman (In an Infantry role) or Rifles (In regimental names) and Ranger (Especially in North American English). In English Jäger is often written as Jaeger (Both Plural and Singular). Austrian Armies also designated the term Jaeger to it's finest Marksman within select Infantry companies. 

Why I chose the username [ Yaegur ]:

1. Mountain Infantry within the United States Armed Forces.

2. Expert Marksmanship and Squad Designated Marksman.

3. Referred to as the Taliban Hunter in old documentary video.

4. Extensively trained by my old team leader (A Ranger from Ranger Battalion).

5. The Gmail account Jaeger, Jagger, and Yaeger had already been taken.

Do to these reasons I created the username [ Yaegur ]: that would be universal with Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, PSN, and many others.

Edited by Yaegur

Solid after one of my favorite video game characters - Solid Snake 

JD is my nickname in real life 

Combined the two to make my PSN name! 

Mine was not originally fir me but for my stepdad hus nickname is shug and 244 was part of our address he told me the ps3 was for him so i made him this account but i started playing games on it so the next week when he told me the ps3 was mine i already had saved data on his account and didnt want to lose it so i kept playing on it till i had to many trophies that i didn't want to lose

The name of my kitten that passed away years ago. She was truly special and unique.

Edited by miki-iki

El..Psy..Congroo..... 

Oh the shame...the shaaaaaaaaame  :blush:

At the same time always wanted a short PSNID since my old one was 16 long  :unsure:

Well, Mantas is my real name (Some of you will probably find it weird).

Artorias, however, comes from a game called Dark Souls, I loved the lore behind that character and so I decided to include it in my PSN ID. Actually, I tried different variations using only the word Artorias, but every name was taken. Ornstein (also from Dark Souls) was my second choice, can't remember why I didn't choose that one  :dunno:

Mine is taken from an old Black Keys song called Stack Shot Billy. 45 is the cailbur of gun Stack Lee uses to shoot poor ol' Billy in order to get his sweet cocaine. I was listening to it while trying to figure out a PSN name.

From my Fav Pony from MLP.

The Multicolored Lightning Bolt.

The 20% Cooler Pony.

Rainbow Dash.

post-96784-0-89890800-1399002451_thumb.jpg

Mine was inspired from the archetypal 'Assassin' character; whether from books, movies or games (particularly games). I just love the idea of the silent killer, stalking their prey, and cleverly thinking through a situation before acting. It's how I imagine I'd be in a game (and stealth is the normal route I take in games).

But then I thought, hmmm, I can't be too serious, so I added something to make the name a bit less scary. Hence, FluffyAssassin was born.

But of course, that was taken (somehow), so I added my favourite number (64) to the end.

:D

I just came up with it on my own based on a book series Warriors(Erin Hunter) That I read. And is one of my favorite book series.

Otherwise I would just use my first and middle name

From The Simpsons movie I saw a long long time ago & the x23 is for Lebron James when he played for the Cavs.

Edited by Spider_pigx23

When creating my ID i couldn't think of anything so I just used CreateYourID. Yes, I am quite boring.

​i found mine behind a dumpster obviously 

My name is Daniel and i have a great(big) beard :) My friends sometimes call me a cave man.

Edited by BeardmanDaniel

Initials and Year of birth - incredibly unimaginative but totally one I wouldn't regret picking :)

although some people do think im a DJ    :giggle:

I basically used my gt from xbox over here but it wouldn't let put it by itself so I had to use unwanted x's :/ it's not bad but it isn't good either

I like Ninjas so that's a reason ^_^

The jj is a nickname, net is another name for the internet (my favorite place) and 123 is because the 12 is from my age when my psn was made and the 3 was just becuase I like the number three. EfASbXH.gif

Matthew Sims= Simsm