Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

My original online name was NewJack, after the ECW Wrestler from the late 90s/early 2000s.  However, that was taken and I didn't feel like adding any numbers to it..  

So I went with the user ID my parents signed me up with on America Online in 1995.  JDH is my initials and 0921 is my birthday.  Think I showed my age a bit ehh?

• 1 month later...

well Zanzarro is a name I created like 3 years ago & I named my dexterity OP parry build for Dks1 "Zanzarro" (I never used the name till I saw my character dress up & had a flashback of that name).  pretty tough build tho', getting parried is extremely risky since I deal 1100+ no hornet & 1450 using it :P

I am a software developer for a living, so I spend most of my days writing code. "SIMULA 67" is actually the name of a programming language; widely recognized as the first object-oriented language. When I was in college, a friend and I joked that "simula67" would be a fun name for a band that sang nerdy computer songs. When it came time to pick a name, that one just clicked in my head.

• Like 2

I've actually been using mine ever since i was 12 back in 2006, i was just really discovering the internet and i stumbled upon a chatroom on an anime streaming site. I decided to make an account, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was my favorite game at the time (thanks dad) so i just typed hitman and thought of a cool sounding number and so my persona, hitman109, was born (whenever this was taken, i would always add another 109 to the end. Also ever since making it, i have seen 109 on many things and in many places, even in history.)

When I used to game on PC and PS2 I used to play CoD4 and Need For Speed. Now, on CoD I saw a lot of people with X's in their name and on NFS you use Nitrogen (N20 or Nitro)

So hence came NiTR0-X

But that didn't work on PSN for some reason so I added another dash and an underscore and voila! Here I am today, use it for everything except steam and Orgin! :D

It just kind of came to me. I was originally going to do something lame like the first letter of my first name, my last name, and some numbers. But I don't think they let you use personal info like that, which is good because I would have been stuck with a crappy username. "J" is the first letter of my first name so I just rolled with that after my initial username didn't work. 

My name is three things put together.

1. My favorite color is red

2. I've always wanted to fly (and I have in a small 4 person plane once, don't know my planes very well)

3. My last name is King

Took a while to think of something creative like this ^-^

Edited by RedSkyKing

I'm rather surprised, according to the site, that I haven't posted in this guy yet.  Maybe I did with my alt.

I came up with the name Dreakon when I was 13 (hence, Dreakon13).  Considering I'm 26 now, I'd say I've had a pretty good run.

Dreakon is just a variation of the word Drake (Drake -> Dreak) with a nice little "on" tacked onto the end for good measure.  Dreakon.

Though now that I think about it, since my name is Derek... I probably should've based it on that.  Dreekon (Derek -> Dreek).

EDIT: Apparently it's already taken lol.  Meh, Dreakon looks better and has the history behind it now anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13

It's the same username I use on another forum I've been on for 10 years. The Hoshi comes from the first username I made back when I was 16 for an anime forum. The nickname stuck so much, I can't bear to change it. I've made different names on other sites and online games, but it does't feel the same. Lockhart from Harry Potter. Love of the name and the spelling than love of the character.

Ahh....well you know these things tend to lump together sometimes ^^P.....lol if you're unfamiliar though, it's from a silly cartoon show called, The Fairly Odd Parents. 

Me & my older bro helped make it. I used to watch the show when everything seemed taller....Although i stopped when i entered high school, & tbh i haven't seen an episode since. I'm now in college.

It's actually been quite entertaining when ppl have sent me msgs pertaining to the show & references & quotes of Timmy's dad! Usually i'll try to play along, but some references just stump me now. 

(Interesting fact: 1. I had to add the "6" at the end b/c the PSN name was already...taken, (by Liam Neeson...lol) 2. "6" was my brother's favorite number. 3. I thought the name would be funny. 4. There are PSN account's under Dinkleburg & timmyturnersmom....yeah i know...but i'm here, so....) 

Question: What are some of the most profound, or weird PSN names that you've seen? (Weirdest i've seen was a name called Suffering_Bunny.) (*Shivers*)

• Like 1