Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

My old nickname was <=D00m!n4t0r=> and I couldn't use it on PSN, because... yeah... all those symbols. Cut it down to D00m, which was already taken, and added the _2k7, because I bought the PS3 in 2007.
Did the same with my Xbox 360, which I bought in 2011 (D00m_2k11) and my OUYA (D00m_2k13).

Edited by D00m_2k7

My one mainly came from NFS or racing games in general. Nitro (nitrous/ the thing that makes you go faster than usual) and X... well being a 12 y/o at the time and playing Call of Duty 4 basically made me wanna choose X.

• Like 1

I've used different variations of the song name November Rain since I was 14. When I was making my Youtube account, pretty much every variation that I wanted to use was already taken, so I was 'creative' and added another 'r' and 'x' to the word 'november.' I faced the same problem when making my PSN ID so I just used my Youtube username. 

• 1 month later...

i loved the movie "the Warriors" back in the day and was obsessed with the PS2 warriors game.
and i always thought Cleon (someone in the movie) was such a cool name ^.^ 
i stuck with it ever since :D
i even called my cat cleon hehe xD
and the victory part was from black ops online when everytime i won a game i would yell out 
"ITS CLEONS VICTORY!!" im weird like that hehe get use to it :P
better then snow or ajax huh ? lol ppl who have watched it will get it :P

-wuv u xoxo

Was able to just have the gamer tag 'Greeves' on the Xbox. Sadly it's taken on PSN. Greeves being my last name and 96 being the year I was born. Pretty boring really. Was able to have an account a few years ago on PSN called 'InfiniteHype' thought that was a pretty cool name.

Back when I started playing MMOs I was looking for a name to use that didn't include numbers.  In middle school I found my first manga on the ground that happened to be Yu-Gi-Oh!.  after reading the book I had noticed the names were different from the American TV show that was popular at the time. 

Since my first name is Joe I took the first name from Jounouchi Katsuya (aka Joey Wheeler in the English version) and revised it to Jounochi since Jounouchi had already been taken.  From then on all of my online names have been Jounochi.

The name has grown on me, but some people have a hard time saying it when I'm playing online.  They shorten it normally to Jou or Joe so it works to my favor. 

• 2 months later...

The original idea for my ID derived from Aela the Huntress from Skyrim. (I love the name Aela.) I simply took the "Ae", and added "xz" to it because the x and the y seem complementary in pronunciation, and then "ia" to top it all off. After pronouncing it all together for what must have been 10s of times, I was happy with the outcome. It took me a week to think up, lol.

It comes from my astonishing lack of imagination, I mean really, if I were to sign into a Racing Magazine Site or whatever I would just choose edu_racer or something silly like that, but I'll love to change it and make my name like if I was a member of ORG XIII from Kingdom Hearts, using my real name of course, but damn SONY won't put the damn option.  :shakefist: