Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Hvitdverg- I figured out this was going to be my nickname in High School(about 8-9 years ago).

Hvit Dverg is the Norwegian translation of the English word "Whitedwarf". When I decided to use it it was because of two simple reasons. 

Self-Ironic, regardiing my own height(I'm 5.6 / 171cm).

I also love science and everything related to space. A whitedwarf is an exciting phenonomen which occurs after a star explodes and dies. It turns into a smaller super dense form called a "whitedwarf" and It's basically representation of the circle of life.

You're 5'7" bro. ;)

• Like 1

When I first stared "Online" gaming (COD: Reflex on the Wii), I couldn't shoot, hit or kill anyone. It made me feel like a Misfit. One of my favorite Christmas shows is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Hermy the Elf and Rudolph didn't "Fit In". Likewise, I didn't feel like I "Fit In" in the online gaming world. So, I called myself xMisFitToyx.  :D

Mine is kind of my name. I spent ages trying to think of clever or witty names but the ones I liked had ofc been taken. So I just googled anagrams of my name and picked the one I like. So there's no real meaning it just looked good to me :)  

i think mine is one of the most shameful xD.

My PSN name literally means "the skateboard will win"

When i was ~10yo, i began skateboarding. In my local skatepark, there was something like a "war" between skaters, rollerbladers, and BMXers. Each group thinking that the other's sport was in some way "inferior".

At the time, internet was only beginning to become popular (~1999). So when i had to choose my first pseudonym, i thought "hey, i'll pick something saying that rollerbladers and bmxers are losers"... Which lead to "lesk8vaincra".

To be honest, i'm a bit ashamed of that pseudonym, but i can't change it for some reasons :)

when I was around 8 I just took the first 2 letters of my first name and wanted to see what other letters I could add on the end and it sound cool. because I was 8, I thought jazza was cool. so I stuck with that until I started having to create user names for the internet, in which it was always jazzaboy. when I created my first psn account, it was jazza_boy as jazzaboy was taken and I don't like including numbers in my id's. when I lost the password to that account I decide to change boy to king..... most boring name derivation ever

The nickname I use mostly everywhere is Azurkane which is just Azure and my name on the end. I took Azure from .Hack on Playstation 2 and Azure Kite cause i thought he looked really cool in .Hack G.U. (i never got to play it though T.T)

My PSN profile name made over 5 years ago now, uses my first name initial and Azure and K on the end (0_o) and my favourite number on the end so its crazy and all over the place now.

Wish I could change it now tbh :(

Mine is a nickname my middle school teachers gave me after reading literally over 1000 books in one summer... (the summer reading program)  :blink:

Adoration from my teachers, principals and the school committee :wub:...  jealousy, scorn and bullying from my peers... :facepalm: *sighs*

Edited by WALKINGTHESAURUS
  • Like 1

After people saw my PSN name it kinda stuck like a nick name.  I have no idea why they started calling me it...

Mine is a nickname my middle school teachers gave me after reading literally over 1000 books in one summer... (the summer reading program)  :blink:

Adoration from my teachers, principals and the school committee :wub:...  jealousy, scorn and bullying from my peers... :facepalm: *sighs*

Thats impressive I don't think I could even get through 1000 Where's Wally books in a summer.

• Like 1

After people saw my PSN name it kinda stuck like a nick name.  I have no idea why they started calling me it...

Thats impressive I don't think I could even get through 1000 Where's Wally books in a summer.

One of the best bosses in Dragon ball history!

• 2 weeks later...