Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Mine comes way back from about 10 years ago. Memories by Within Temptation was playing in the radio and I fell in love with that song, so I created a new Habbo Hotel dude (don't judge me, it was IN then!) named .MemoRies., though people started to call me just Memo for short. That, or rather memo since I liked it better with a little letter, became my ultimate nickname for many years, Because it's shortness it's too often used in websites and it was already taken in PSN also, so I've created a few variations of it, mainly memps and mempsis, and those two have actually become my new main nicknames. I'm thinking about changing the first letter big, since as a writer it has started to annoy me that a name is written without a capitol letter. :P

I used to play Warcraft quite 'heavily' ahem. My main's name I loved and all my alts were variations of it. When i got my PS4 my first port of call was to use that name as my psn but naturally someone had it. (I used to have a ps3 but never went online with it, it was more a exclusive machine lol) So I changed some letters around till I found what I liked and it's random enough no one had it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cat of War

- it's easy to guess lol, it came from the God of War title becoz I love GOW games, but used Cat instead coz I really love cats  :D 

x

Miku

- came from the one and only Hatsune Miku  <3 * it's pretty obvious for those who knew her*  :awesome: 

- well . . . simply becoz it's my birthday  :lol: 

I came up with my PSN username around the time I was admitted to medical school. I also looked really young for my age at that time. And even though I'm a girl, most people called me Taj because my first name was difficult for people to pronounce, and Taj sounded close to my real name.

So my name is Ryan and some people started calling "Rihno" as a nickname. I was gonna make a YouTube channel and I needed a username... "Rihno" was taken and one of the suggested names was Rihnolo, I liked that name so I chose that name. For some reason when I was choosing my name for PSN it wouldn't let me choose "Rihnolo so I made my username "Rihnolo_".

Kinda complicated but that's bout it.

My PSN ID (Endygo) comes from a Tool song. From a song called The Pot. "Weeping shades of cozened indigo" is the particular line. I've always liked the color as well so I decided to stick with it as my username. Obviously the regular spelling was taken so I switched it up a bit. Now people just refer to me as Endy (Which is cool because it reminds me of Indiana Jones) and Endo.

I decided on the name KhajiitWerewolf before I bought my ps3. I decided to buy the console because I missed playing Skyrim after I moved out of my parents' house. I always thought the Khajiit was the coolest Elder Scrolls character. I could have just gone with a variation of Khajiit, but that didn't sound right so I tacked on Werewolf. The reason was twofold. First, I thought it was hilarious in Skyrim watching my cat turn into a giant dog. I had even picked a similar fur color so the transformation was flawless. Secondly I have always been in love with werewolf lore ever since I read the third Harry Potter book in gradeschool. I tried to consider other names, but once I thought of this one it stuck. Even though I haven't played Skyrim in a year, I still love my psn name because it shows my origins as a ps3 gamer and trophy hunter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World

For those who haven't read it, Brave New World is set in a future where most people are addicted to, and self-medicate with, a hallucinogenic drug called soma. Whenever someone experiences negative emotions of any kind, they administer soma so they can forget. The result is a society where most people remain oblivious to the world around them. I chose the name as a reminder to myself that gaming, while awesome, is a distraction from the real world. Sometimes the distraction is needed, but the idea not to get so caught up in it that I forget what's really important. /soapbox

The Noob part is less pretentious. I'm a longtime PC gamer who finally bought a PS3 last year, so it seemed appropriate.

• Like 2

usrmd is short for usrm1d, which I've been using for about 12 years now, around the same time gmail was in invite only beta and I scored an awesome email addy (kylesemail@gmail). usr (user) comes from the directory /usr on linux. md is short for mode, and 1 represents runlevel 1 which is kind of like to linux what safemode is to windows. AKA User Mode 1, or Single User Mode.

Edited by usrmd