Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

It is quite amusing, in a fun way, to see how many have put so much thought into their PSN names.

Mine is about as exciting as a bag of mothballs.

Same here. I just didn't want a name I would look back on in a year or two and be like, "what was I thinking? :facepalm: ".

Same here. I just didn't want a name I would look back on in a year or two and be like, "what was I thinking? :facepalm: ".

Same here really.

For many years, my screen name on a lot of forums was "Lucifer", which was cool when I was in my 20's I guess.

But now, being and old bastard...er I mean feeble minded...er, no...I mean wiser :rolleyes: , my actual name works just fine.

• Like 2

Same here really.

For many years, my screen name on a lot of forums was "Lucifer", which was cool when I was in my 20's I guess.

But now, being and old bastard...er I mean feeble minded...er, no...I mean wiser :rolleyes: , my actual name works just fine.

I know right :lol: . I dread to think what crazy name I would have come up with if I hadn't been boring sensible about it :P

Shadowfax - Horse of Rohan, the "Lord of all Horses"

Gandalf - The only one to tame Shadowfax

Shadowfax + Gandalf = ShadowfaxGandalf .... don't sound quite right...

ShadowfaxGandalf - fax = ShadowGandalf .... much better

Alternate meaning... Sinister and Ruthless version of Gandalf. I am Ruthless when playing, whether it's online or against Ai.

When racing it's hard to not say... "YOOOUUU .. SHALL NOT ... PASS!!!

LOL xD

• Like 3

The commando part comes from when a bunch of us decided to make new accounts with the same prefix of 'Commando' so we'd all be Commando####### in our cod4 lobby. Then trophies came out so now I'm stuck with it

The Curse part comes from years ago playing Counter Strike and pretty much needing a cool name :P I think it's actually taken from a streets of rage character name (Not a main guy, just one of the random thugs, although I may be wrong and that may of been an even older name) But yeah, the name has pretty much stuck ever since

I used to always go by the username Kisitiene which was the mayaan version of my real name. We had to figure it out in 6th grade for a project. But, no one could ever say it right over mic (It's key-stan if anyone is curious) so I decided to use a different one for PS3 since Kisitiene is on my 360.

Back in elementary school (and still to this day) all my friends called me Master and they all had animal names like Baka Saru (Idiot Monkey), Baka Neko (Idiot Cat), and Baka Rizu (Idiot Squirrel). I know it sounds weird but it was from a game we played every recess.

I knew that having people call me Master would be a bit weird so I decided Princess was a better alternative since it still shows my bitchy "I'm higher up than you" personality and how I always have the need to be right.

Gryff is the shorter version of Gryffinclaw which is the combination of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, the two houses I would most likely be in. Other sites my name can be seen as Gryffinclaw Princess.

So yeah...that's kinda how it came about. My elementary nickname of Master changing to Princess and Gryff from my Harry Potter obsession.

• 3 weeks later...

Aero is the spell from wind attacks in Final Fantasy. On PS2, I was a super fan of all the Final Fantasy games. When I finally came to PS3, I wanted a name that was going to be obscure, had no prior affiliations to other things, and would never be taken on any forum. I added the "i" and "u" to form Aeirou as my own brand.

Why wind? When people ask what super power I want, I always says wind because it's defensive and can be beautiful without being obvious.. i.e. I would never need tights because wind is easy enough to conceal.

My second reason is, coming from XBOX and MMOs, I know that people often shorten names. So if Aeirou was ever shortened, I would be "Air" because my named is spoken as "arrow."

My name is so short people almost never called me air, only ever Aeirou. However, people quite often mispell my name as Aeriou.

Gryff is the shorter version of Gryffinclaw which is the combination of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, the two houses I would most likely be in.

I always tested into those houses on those quizes that floated around. Gryffindor more often, but Ravenclaw a few times.

When I was 10 yrs old I went hunting with my grandfather in Mexico, Zacatecas. I thought we were searching for normal pigs but all of a sudden my grandfather looked at me sternly and decided to place me on top of some branch while he went on for the hunt. About 8 minutes later he was sprinting to the tree I was at and I noticed an average sized Boar running after him. I made a loud HEY noise and the Boar got distracted for a second, my grandfather then, with his huge knife in hand, stabbed it right under its neck about 5 times in a few seconds. We ate pork skin that night, and it was delicious.

So yeah, that memory stuck. Boars are very scary and powerful, and are considered to be evil in some cultures. I think they're intelligent/advantageous, and brave and... delicious haha.

My previous PSN was AxKill_aBoar but it got hacked so I decided to do away with it for security reasons.

Now I have inFlamesBoar. Because absolutely everything is cool when it's in Flames, right??

Same here really.

Damn, now you've got me worried haha

Well, I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan and Jimmy Page is the reason I picked up guitar so I felt it fitting to have my PlayStation persona honor him. It was originally jamespage but incorrect grammar, capitalization and whatnot is very bothersome to me so I decided to change it to James_Page. I wish they allowed spaces in PSN usernames, but alas I can live with an underscore.

As for my display name, it's simple. I prefer my friends to call me by my real name and I consider many members on this wonderful site to be my friends.

Parker

Well currently I am Mitch360-, My name + random number + dash. But i'm making a new account for a cleaner trophy list (probs sound like a complete trophy w****)

Anyway i was wondering if you guys could help me choose a name, ive been thinking maybe, Grand_Rattus, Grand_Fire_Rat, or even just Fire_Rat

Grand -I just like the sound of- Rattus - Scientific Name for Rat- Rat - My Zodiac Animal- Fire Rat -My year of birth specific zodiac animal-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scratch the whole rat idea, I still like the idea of Grand something though

Well currently I am Mitch360-, My name + random number + dash. But i'm making a new account for a cleaner trophy list (probs sound like a complete trophy w****)

Anyway i was wondering if you guys could help me choose a name, ive been thinking maybe, Grand_Rattus, Grand_Fire_Rat, or even just Fire_Rat

Grand -I just like the sound of- Rattus - Scientific Name for Rat- Rat - My Zodiac Animal- Fire Rat -My year of birth specific zodiac animal-

How about inFlamesRat :awesome:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scratch the whole rat idea, I still like the idea of Grand something though

Just my birth month with some roman numerals. Nothing special.

Well, I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan and Jimmy Page is the reason I picked up guitar so I felt it fitting to have my PlayStation persona honor him. It was originally jamespage but incorrect grammar, capitalization and whatnot is very bothersome to me so I decided to change it to James_Page. I wish they allowed spaces in PSN usernames, but alas I can live with an underscore.

As for my display name, it's simple. I prefer my friends to call me by my real name and I consider many members on this wonderful site to be my friends.

Parker

I'm still struggling here, ive gotten to the point where im so desperate i can't tell good names from bad ones, there are three inparticular that wont leave my head and i am in no state of mind to tell if theyre any good, Gazzick, Gazzico and Chief something, i don't even know where i got them from!! please help! im loosing my mind over this ****!

I'm still struggling here, ive gotten to the point where im so desperate i can't tell good names from bad ones, there are three inparticular that wont leave my head and i am in no state of mind to tell if theyre any good, Gazzick, Gazzico and Chief something, i don't even know where i got them from!! please help! im loosing my mind over this ****!

I think ChiefGazick is pretty cool. My 2 cents. Good luck making the right choice dude.