Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

I wonder if I ever actually explained where my username came from. It's basically an abbreviation of a longer username I used to use. This older username had it's root in a PC game I played when I was pretty young, which allowed you to type in the name of the various characters in the game. More specifically, you could even name the bad guy. ;) I found the username to be pretty funny, and kept it, and it fit me well with my early online persona.

Early online persona... uhm, I remember once, I went to a library to use the PC there, and the person before me forgot to log out of their e-mail... I deleted everything, emptying trash bin etc, no way to get back the e-mails, and I left a nice little message for them about what had just happened. Yup, I can be a douche. I got tons of troll accounts for that kind of stuff these days though.  :devil:

• 2 months later...

The Converge song/album Axe To Fall, plus the day I was born on.

Lol we are in the same situation (well more and less)

Rose is my second name and miserycrown is from my second favorite band :

I forgot to mention that I am number 1 fan of MDM stuff.. :P

This thread is like 400 hundred years old now, so probably no-one will read this anyways, but hey-ho.

Many people think my psn is to do with driving games (hot wheels) (drifting) etc etc, however, there is a Norwegian ambient musician called " Biosphere"

and one of his many tracks is called  "warmed by the drift" of which i used to play most nights, it helped me to relax from manic gaming and fall asleep.

I would put a link to the track <<here>> but i'm not competent enough, sorry.

My ID is the original name of Esdeath, before someone thought Esdeath is better than Esdese. The Dark part I really don't know where it came, I think it's because she's a sadistic, Of course if I had a chance I'd change it. It's so big for me i rather one smaller

• 2 weeks later...

When I started playing WoW in the Burning Crusade expansion, about 8 years ago I was starting to play on one of the many RP-realms of the game (before they were full erotic RPers *shiver*) and I had to think of a name for my first character, a bloodelf hunter. I pondered for a pretty long while before naming this guy Faloin (back then I didn't think about what it would sound like in English :P). I played that character until I was like level 20, which took quite a long time in the early days of WoW, and noticed that I'd much rather have that I and O switched. So the next thing I did was create the exact same bloodelf hunter now named Falion. The funny thing is that character never surpassed level 40. When I was lvl 40 one of my friends started playing WoW and he wanted to play on the realm that his big brother was playing on (with like 7 max level characters) I followed him and created my current main Anáton (since Falion, my perfect name that I spent hours on finding was already used).

From this point on I always called myself Falion in games and on websites.

But then, 3 years in the future, something magical would happen. On the 11th of November 2011 the newest iteration of the Elder Scrolls franchise would come out and with it an unimaginable amount of adventures to come. So, as always, I create myself another Falion. I continue to play the game like it should be played, running everywhere like a madman and ignoring the story completely because that's how Skyrim works and decide to visit Morthal. Then, on my usual trip of theft exploration through new villages, I find him. This was the day that Falion stood in front of Falion. 

So since Bethesda stole my name (evil bunch :P) I started seeing my username already being taken on numerous occasions. That's why there are x's in front of and behind my PSN ID. 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...