Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

From 2 comic book universes:

Blackout: a Marvel supervillian with a snazzy costume (think Electro from the 616 Universe except Blackout's costume is black  :P  instead of green and he only has one lightining bolt on his mask instead of 4)

The "kid" part is from Legion of Super-Heroes where almost everyone had the word "kid", "girl", "lad", "lass" etc. as part of their super hero code name.

...I have entirely too much time on my hands B)

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid
  • Like 1

I took my name from the Dark Knight Sparda from Devil May Cry but upon seeing darkknightsparda taken, I did the next best thing and thus use devil instead of sparda. I believe I used the number 2 to because the name rolled off the tongue better than darkknightdevil1.

Edited by darkknightdevil2

• 5 months later...

I got my name while watching blue exorcist as I am a fan and I wanted something original that would stand out as my own instead of having the same name as someone else I honestly don't know why I put 66 at the end of it though but it fits I guess lol 

I had a youtube channel that was ChristIllusion123 but when it came to my PSN username it wouldn't accept the 3 so I chopped it off :(

But always been a Slayer fan and Christ Illusion is one of my favourite albums... 

My Xbox name however, is ADthrax90... because I like Anthrax too, ;) but also because my names Adam ^_^ 

I am quite a history buff, and always had a fascination with tanks, so names after tanks like Sherman, Hetzer and Panzershreck are always my favorite.

In this case my username comes from the M26 Pershing heavy tank from WW2 and Korean (pic below). Though it is named after General of the Armies John Joseph Pershing.

Image result for m26 pershing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's a combination of my first 2 initials (surname, i think it's called), and the highest vs. Race rank in mario kart wii. I first created my YouTube channel with it, then when i bought a ps3 it was the easiest for me to remember. (As 2 letterers were to short)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play a lot of MMO's, mainly one called MapleStory, and I went through a lot of character names. By the time I stopped playing, my characters name started with Oni, because my favourite game series is Onimusha. My favourite was OniWar, but that was taken. Oddly enough at the time I was making my account at 16 years old, I didn't know what else to put, and for some reason my father had a DVD next to his desk that was a movie....with Paul Walker....so my 16 year old brain thought "OniWalker sounds kinda cool I guess". Eight years later, I have dawned the name OniWalker, and to this day love how my 16 year old brain worked. It's original, its awesome, and theres no symbols or numbers! 

yiazmat is my absolute favorite monster. for the ones that don't know it, it's final fantasy XII most strongest superboss. and the number is the hp of yiazmat.

sidenote: when it's not possible to use this name (because of the length or that numbers are involved) i often use simply yiazmat or when already used i use something extra on the name that i made up on the given moment.

• Like 2