Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Some jibber-jabber I came up with while being drunk/high or both (or none of them).

It sounded cool when I first thought about it. Now it kinda doesn't.

And everyone pronounces it wrong (it's a goddamn invention dude!, but it has it's grammar anyways).

So that's that.

• Like 1

The other day I picked up my extended English dictionary and started to type random entries in the ID search box on PSN as I was curious if there are any words that are not already taken. After about a hundred page turns I could not find one damn expression that was not already used up in some form. I honestly can't recall how many words I tried but it started to become really ridiculous.

• Like 1

started a record company in 2001 called melodic mizery records, played live gigs with alot of famous people up until 2012. saved up enough money in the underground scene to buy my own house and stop working and do what i love, play games. my stage name was already taken on ps3 so i just used MelodicMizery, unfortunately i was using cable internet at my sisters house and didnt take usernames seriously and there were no trophies on ps3 at the time so i spelled it in all under case letters melodicmizery. this has lead to years of people saying mel....o...m..what? or just seeing a illusion that it says melody or melanie and thinking i am a girl, in which i then have to get on my mic or send them a message and ask them to stop flirting with me im a guy and that MELODIC means music not melanie . 

• Like 1

Blue is my favorite color and my favorite shade of blue is Cerulean, I recently changed my username was sick of the 3 at the end of it so I changed it to Prime coming from the villain Superboy-Prime from DC Comics.

Devised it myself. ^^ Did so with a previous (discarded) username, also. For this handle, I ran it through Google on the day that I mused it to ensure that 0 search results returned, then solidified it as my choice upon success of that. Tailored it so that it'd shorten to a snappy nickname in moment of need, that being one Larx~ Now I go by Larx almost all places that I can get away with the four-letter shorthand, but when in need, I have the full handle at my disposal for usage and flexibility.

• Like 4

I've been using this and similiar names on other platforms (mostly steam). Keeping it personalised with the Jay pun 

There's just so many good names imo ... Pirate Jay, A Jay to Remember, Valentines Jay,  Green Jay ...

I then used the free PSN name change to swap from my old username (the cool kid one you know, with the funny sex number and such things) to the current one.

I can't speak any spanish, but I was watching some greek mythology documentation in spanish (testing out my new channels :D ) and "rey de los dioses" was stuck in my head. Add the typical pun and a new username was created.

I made new account recently because my old account had many games that 100% was not anymore possible. And i always hated that nickname. And trying 100% all my old games before ps5.

Currently known as Korruptoitunut which stands for a corrupt/venal person in Finnish.

Edited by Korruptoitunut
  • Like 1

When I was in high school my friends used to call me "Mago" which is a part of my surname and translated in english from my language it's "Wizard".

Where I live, in a friendly way, we call each other by changing our name in a diminutive form. For example Elisabeth -> Ely, Sebastian -> Seb or Seba, Andres -> Andre and so on, I did the same thing, changing wizard in Wizi :P 

X is meant to be redacted.. it was also meant to be an indicator of someone being "straight-edge" or drug-free.. it can also be used as a negation, or something that is anti something.. X is also something meant to mark something from a record.. so if something is top-secret or confidential, it could be marked with an X for public records.. FOUO- for official use only.. or, for your eyes only.. for me, it was kind of a mixture of all of these things.. side note, non-pertinent: XX is also 20, in roman numerals.. so, XX(screen name)XX could be interpreted as 20_20.

D-Daniel

McGee, my last name.

22 is my number. It's always been my number my entire life. Ironically, my son was born 2/2 (Feb 2). 11:11 is seen as prosperous and successful, 11+11=22. 22 has many different meanings in many different contexts. I prefer the spiritual meaning of 22, which means light, harmony and cooperation. Numerology, if you believe in that sort of thing, holds 22 to be the master builder and considers it to be the most powerful of all life numbers. I'm not really into numerology, but some of it is kind of intriguing.

88 is my birth year. I was due: 8/8/88 August 8, 1988. However, I came out late on the early morning of the 9th..

Zach is my first name.

Boardman is my surname but I didn't like ZachBoardmanHD as a username as it didn't look right so I shortened it to Boardy.

As for the HD, when I first created my gaming profile, HD (Hi Definition) is more better then SD (Standard display) and HD was becoming more popular and normalised in movies, as I'm a movie buff I thought the HD looked good.

So it's ZachBoardyHD ☺.