Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Well, on my main account its quite and unusual story but I'd say its random but worked for me. Not going to reveal my main account user since its not relevant, but I used to play Runescape as a kid & this guy randomly dropped in a lobby & gave me his login details. Then he hacked me again & felt bad but did the same thing but renamed his profile the username I worked for the account.  Eventually he gave me a free charitable account & we fell apart but I was then starting on PSN in 2010 & couldn't think of a username. So I took on that username, sometimes I wonder "if this is even my username" although I have option to change it, but I feel like I own it since I worked for the name. So naturally thats what my friends know me as, past present or future.

As for this account, I love Kingdom Hearts & I'm endorsing of 'Zenn', therefore Xion (fave character) + Zenn. I changed it recently, although its not on my main account at least I still have the user. 

• Like 1

My name Richie + cartoon = Richtoon

I’m a fan of classic cartoons like Tex Avery, classic Disney films and banned world war cartoons. I loved drawing cartoons when I was young but now I don’t draw anymore. 

Edited by Richtoon
  • Like 1

Back in the PS2 days, I started playing a game called Socom: Navy Seals.  I joined a clan that all had final fantasy names, with FF being the beginning 2 letters of everyone's name.  I joined fairly late, so most of the good ones were gone, so I took FF*Atma, and I've been using that name ever since.  

I get a lot of people thinking I'm Middle Eastern for some reason and I'm wondering if there's something about this name that causes that?  I get so many messages asking if I speak Arabic!  I don't, but it would be cool to learn!  I speak English, some French and whatever Japanese words I've managed to pick up from watching anime!  Itadakimasu!  Kampai!  Oagari yo!

Oh, and occasionally I get called Fatman in chat, which is kind of funny because I'm a bit of a health nut!  ?

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 6:02 AM, Unknown_v2_0 said:

Was formerly MrUnknown625 and reason for that was cause I was a super introverted lone wolf type. New Name is Unknown v2 since its the second version of myself. Rediscover what I loved about gaming. Being more positive and such and having more fun with gaming again. I was on a path i did not like so I changed the name. Was becoming increasingly negative, hypocritical, taking part in and causing drama, focusing too much on leaderboards and a slew of other things making me miserable. Seeing the name is a great reminder to never get that way again :)

I did grow to like the nickname Unknown (although I HATED being called MrU.... another reason for the switch lol). And when you name characters in games having the name Unknown causes some strange dialog at times lol.

Alter ego ^^

20 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

In school, i got my nickname "Toma". Also, im born in 1989, so toma became Tomata and then TomataEighty9 :D 

Hahaha 

Growing up i was (still) a huge Metallica fan. Most variations of my name were taken so I ended up with a make and model of one of James Hetfield's guitar. 'esp' is a guitar brand, 'jh2' is the James Hetfield #2 model guitar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FFATMA said:

I get a lot of people thinking I'm Middle Eastern for some reason and I'm wondering if there's something about this name that causes that?  I get so many messages asking if I speak Arabic!  I don't, but it would be cool to learn!  I

Ok for my knowledge of that culture your nickname very similar to name “ Fatema “ which is used only for girls . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Ok for my knowledge of that culture your nickname very similar to name “ Fatema “ which is used only for girls . 

Lol, probably why I get so many chat messages!  Sorry people, I'm a guy!  ?

1 hour ago, FFATMA said:

Back in the PS2 days, I started playing a game called Socom: Navy Seals.  I joined a clan that all had final fantasy names, with FF being the beginning 2 letters of everyone's name.  I joined fairly late, so most of the good ones were gone, so I took FF*Atma, and I've been using that name ever since.  

I get a lot of people thinking I'm Middle Eastern for some reason and I'm wondering if there's something about this name that causes that?  I get so many messages asking if I speak Arabic!  I don't, but it would be cool to learn!  I speak English, some French and whatever Japanese words I've managed to pick up from watching anime!  Itadakimasu!  Kampai!  Oagari yo!

Oh, and occasionally I get called Fatman in chat, which is kind of funny because I'm a bit of a health nut!  ?

Because they think your name is "Fatma" derived from an arabic named called "Fatima". Which makes sense. At least for them. 

Mine comes from a mix of an Eminem Song. I'm a huge Eminem fan and his intro on the Re-Up album is called "ShadyNarcotic". I wanted to make a smiliar name so that's why I choose ShadyWARcotix

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

Just something dark and ominous, as I like dark, ominous and spooky occult, metal, industrial and horror stuff. Since I joined PS nearly six years ago I've fancied myself kinda a patron saint of game deaths, like an angel of death for bosses. And since I like the above, it goes together. 

Edited by SaintSinistra666
  • Like 1

Younger day before ps3/360. My dad would take my names if he like the it name. But round the ps2 era i started to dislikeing it cuz we'd get are saves missed up. ? Around that time he call all his game file Alexxx. So i wanted something with a Z. So when i was playing Pokemon Shadow Coliseum for GC. The guide book i was useing. See the character was named Zid. So i started useing it.

Then when i started doing net games. Nnames needed to be 5 characters long. So didn't what to change it. And asked what numbers then?

Add 96 cuz its the year i 1st time i seen boobs... ya that dum? added the 0 on psn cuz it needed 6 characters.

When I got my ps4 on the release back in the day I also got brand new TV. While i was overexcited I couldn't think of any username so while I was starring at my TV i came up with with 'manotelikas" which would mean "myTelly" very original i know lol. It's so ridiculous I wouldn't rename it now.