Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

Although many people ASSUME my name is because I want to come back to life or I'm a necromancer, it actually has more of a reason than that garbage.

My name actually come from the PS2 game called Gungrave (It's on PSN now). However, I saw the anime before playing the game so I guess I got my name from the anime Gungrave.

The 07 was just a random number xD

• Like 1

I've had many, many people ask me this question throughout the years. My name was sort of born out of this song:

[media=]

[/media]

Let me explain; my best friend and I met around 2003 in our first year of secondary school and realised we shared a mutual love of Kings of Leon. We were (at the time at least) the only two people we knew of who actually knew of the band's existence. We hit it off and had many great times, and continue to do so. One night when we were about 15-years-old, Liam and I had a drunken night at his brother's house, which was always the house we went to for an underage drink since it was right in town and his brother was cool. We'd sit around chillin' listening to his brother's massive album collection, have a smoke and a laugh; they were awesome times.

Anyway, this one night we were drunk as fuck and the aforementioned song by Kings of Leon came on and we started singing along. The lyrics go 'good times to roll on,' but with me being drunk as I was, and the singer being hard enough to understand as it is I started singing 'Go-ta-ki -- bono!' Liam turned and asked me, "Dude, what in the fuck is a Gotakibono?!" The name's stuck ever since.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 2

Mine comes from a combination of actor Dudley Moore + Locutus of Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Du + ctos = Ductos

Some people thought it's a cereal (like Cheerios, only that this one was made out of duct tape, hence Ductos) ;)

• 1 month later...

Mine comes from 2 series, Final Fantasy and the Megaman-X series

"Flare" comes from the famous magic of almost every Final Fantasy

"Zero" come from Zero of Megaman-X series

And also It's a reference to Bahamut Zero (FFVII summon) and his Tera Flare

Pretty complicated, but I love this choice.

Anyway, this one night we were drunk as fuck and the aforementioned song by Kings of Leon came on and we started singing along. The lyrics go 'good times to roll on,' but with me being drunk as I was, and the singer being hard enough to understand as it is I started singing 'Go-ta-ki -- bono!' Liam turned and asked me, "Dude, what in the fuck is a Gotakibono?!" The name's stuck ever since.

Man this is Hilarious :lol:

Edited by FlareZero

Mine is simple and I chose it because no one else would have it. I wanted it to mean something as well.

I basically just combined Daft Punk and Lost Prophets, which were my two favorite musicians at that time.

Now I just take it as a crazy prophet and It kinda makes sense :D I still obviously associate it with Daft Punk though. I came up with it a long time back and I will continue to use it since it's got a nice ring to it as well. :)

• 4 months later...

Surprised my username has nothing to do with Resident Evil?

That's because I made this username in 2009, a year before I had even played one Resident Evil game.

I let people pronouce it as Hayley, because it's actually a mixed up version of that name and another person from primary school.

I got the 3 threes from a few of my friends who have 5s and 4s at the end of their usernames.

This username has stuck with me ever since.

But, I'm thinking of creating another account called Ketchup17.

I came up with mine when I was 8 or 9 years old. Back then I loved playing the classic Sonic games in PC... and then I got a PS2. One of the few games I had sooner was Sonic Heroes...

When I created my first hotmail account, I ended up creating it as a combination of Sonic (believe me, I had such an obsession, games weren't the only thing.. I had toys and watched Sonic-X too). And the PS2 was another of my addictions haha, so I combined it... PS2 + Sonic = Playsonic2

However I don't even like it that much anymore, or Sonic... I tried to use another nicknames countless times, but I'm so used to seeing it and have done a certain amount of things being known with this nickname, so I couldn't change it.

Ultimately I've decided to not change the name in places where I've used it most, and just begin with another name in new places... I don't have 100% clear what my new nickname will be, all I know is that I want it to be a surname. I would definitely change it in PSN if I could, people see "Playsonic2" in multiplayer and think it's lame... until I shoot 'em in the head. (Not that I care much about MP, but sometimes I'd like to have a surname, don't know why (not mine, of course).

Edited by Playsonic2