WARNING: Do not update this game

KenpachiDaniel

The reason for that is a glitch that happened to me. I'm not sure if it is a rare glitch, because I haven't seen anyone complaining about it on the internet. There are threads about similar issues, but not this one.

All trophies in the game except for the story and sidequest related, didn't unlock for me. Also, the game was resetting the settings and the difficulty to default options.

I started the game on easy/easy and was planning to do everything I could in 2 playthroughs (and now, I'm in my 4th playthrough and I'll need to do a another one after).

After 1 hour of gameplay, I noticed that the brightness I adjusted to the maximum and the subtitles that I activated, returned to default (but I thought it was a minor issue). Then, I noticed that I wasn't getting any combat related trophy.

Yesterday I started a new game on Hard/Hard and as soon as the game saved, I was playing on Normal again. I deleted and reinstalled the game data, tried to play with and and without the patch, and it didn't solved the problem.

Something I tried that doesn't make sense, but fixed part of the problem was I using a Dualshock 3 to play the game. I was using ds4, but since I already had weird problems in another games, I decided to test this.

It worked just for the difficulty change glitch. I was able to finish on hard and get the Good Behavior trophy, but didn't get Silent Hill Historic Society, even though I got every collectable again. Also, I tried to get the trophy for incapacitate/kill 10 screamers, but it didn't work as well.

Finally, I found a solution. If you're having this problem, you need to delete all your save files and the game utility file. The 1.01 patch is installed together with the game data, so you need to be offline. Just install the 1.00 version of the game and play the game offline (because it will always try to update when you open the game), and everything will work just fine.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel
  • Like 3